✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by HammerMan2004 »

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137210

Wasn't really sure where to discuss this, but his comments on Lingard are interesting.
"I definitely was disappointed," said the 32-year-old, speaking on the latest edition of the Footballer's Football Podcast. "He was quality for us, he was a massive player.

"He helped push us and he was one of the reasons why we did finish in Europe. We were looking forward to him [coming back] and he was a player who we definitely need right now in our squad. So the fact that we didn't get him and Forest did is... it's a great signing for Forest."
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

More from Antonio here:

Delighted by Scamacca signing
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137213
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Music to my ears. A proper team player and professional that regards the Team 1st, 2nd and last before his own ends. The respect he has for this Club is top class.👌

Antonio will go down as 1 of my all time favourite players for things like thus, on top of all his other qualities he brings.

And dear I say, potential managerial material 1 day in the distant future.. (cos he still has plenty left in the tank playing for us still first!).
Hammers Sturmflut
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hammers Sturmflut »

He ate Chicken Selects late yesterday night. True story. THIS is the real news you get on Twitter!
Ethanadict
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 250 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

Without wanting to tempt fate, this could be a great season for Mickey A.

He gave everything last season, leaving nothing on the pitch. But, there was an Antonio full of energy who as we know can be unplayable, but in the same game, there can be the exhausted Antonio, who keeps trying his best but his legs just wouldn’t obey. With little alternative on the bench, Moyes preferred to keep playing the exhausted Antonio.

This season, Jamaica aren’t at the WC and so he can give everything until mid November safe in the knowledge he’s got a six week break until the new year. This suits him as much as any player I can think of.

Then you throw in the fact that Scamacca will be getting game time too, so we won’t have to play Mickey for 95 minutes every game, we could potentially see him full of energy for most of the time he’s on the pitch this season.

I hope so. He gives everything for West Ham and I’d love him to have a great season.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Thought he was awful today. When calls didn't go his way just laid down rather than up and at em

Didn't seem interested half the time

People said last season he's tired, run ragged. What now? He was just poor

I think few games on bench. Scamacca showed more in his appearance than Antonio. Please don't let him lead the line next week. It's frustrating
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

He was completely isolated as usual against Man City
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Tiredness wasn’t an excuse today. He’s just poor.

Was nice to see a striker actually jump for a header when Scamacca came on!
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

norse wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:44 pm He was completely isolated as usual against Man City
Yet when scamacca came on he won a header straight away. Put himself about and got a shot on target

Pretty much same support
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

His drop-off since the turn of the year, aside from the odd game, has been as dramatic as Nolan's was.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

As I mentioned in the match thread, I think he’s rapidly declining here, it was always going to happen with someone that has his build but it looks like it’s happening now, he’s looked knackered for over half a year now. That includes pre season.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Will definitely benefit coming off the bench, against tiring opposition legs.

There's life in the old dog yet, and he still has a role to play in this squad, just not as prominent as before.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Really enjoyed people that paid around £50 a head to come and coat him off today. Fingers crossed they were day trippers and not new season ticket holders.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

It looked to me as though he wanted to come off but Moyes told him to carry on

It was weird seeing him limp around for the last 15 minutes of the first half. He should clearly have come off
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:30 pm Really enjoyed people that paid around £50 a head to come and coat him off today. Fingers crossed they were day trippers and not new season ticket holders.
I turned down a free ticket today. I'd of felt Robbed even for free watching that performance from him.

"He was so so bad. Think it was very telling the whole ground lifted when Scamacca came on. One because he was coming on but also because Antonio was coming off."

From my season ticket holder friend
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

He was isolated today and the few times the ball was played in to him a city defender was right there to give him a shove in the back.

We could do worse than signing Broja and using Antonio to play off Broja or Scamacca.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

The crowd were lifted by Antonio coming off not necessarily because of his ability, more that he couldn’t ****ing run, he was clearly injured and it was a joke he didn’t come off earlier.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

He ran out of steam halfway through last season odd game aside and looks like he still hasn't recovered.

If we are serious about pushing on then we need another CF as if Scamacca gets a knock etc I really don't think Antonio can do 3 games a week anymore.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

smuts wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:40 pm He ran out of steam halfway through last season odd game aside and looks like he still hasn't recovered.

If we are serious about pushing on then we need another CF as if Scamacca gets a knock etc I really don't think Antonio can do 3 games a week anymore.
I just don't see what forward joins us as 3rd choice happily on the off chance Scamacca is injured.

Bowen and Cornet can both play there, they're our back ups.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

I agree with others that have said he is starting to drop off. His ability to hold the ball up for us and bring others into play has diminished, of that there is no doubt. Most times he simply falls over with minimal pressure from the CB.

He's at the stage now where he needs to be resting more and coming off the bench as an impact sub, or else getting rotated and played less. He also seems to do better on the wing for me.