✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 351 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Sir_Trevor »

https://www.whufc.com/news/kehrer-anton ... past-weeks

Whatever we armchair critics might believe, I think it's always more reliable to see what those close up on the inside think.

Micky is clearly highly valued in the dressing room both as a player and as a personality. He has been a massive factor in the good times we have had over the last 3 seasons.

I have to say that, as a fanbase, I feel that generally we're often quick to jump on the negatives when one of ours does something wrong and slow to recognise all the positive things they do in a game. So quick to jump on players who have achieved so much in the past when they hit a bad patch. I think it's really sad and frustrating.

I think Antonio will be a huge miss if/when he leaves us.
Coops
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 588 likes

Post by Coops »

I think the problem is that he has often been asked to do too much.
He runs himself into the ground and there has often been nobody to replace him. As he is getting older he often looks spent later on in the game.
Instead of criticising Antonio we should be criticising the manager/scouts/owner for not getting in adequate cover for him.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Antonio has scored double as many goals for the club as any other player since his arrival.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

fmgod wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:09 pm What are his ties to Manchester, just seems a bit odd, born in London, raised in London, most of his clubs have been in London and been at West Ham eight years now, all seems a bit randon nothing wrong with it but strange link
He's played for Southampton, Forest and Wednesday, amongst other non-London clubs.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Put your feet up until Thursday.

We need him at his best for it.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

I swear if he starts Antonio tomorrow..

Then I will write a strongly worded post in the Moyes thread, and maybe the irritates thread in the snug too.

Yeah.. that'll show him.
The Straw
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 1409 likes

Post by The Straw »

Does anyone know if the big man is fit?

He's currently playing right back for West Ham away at Leicester on Sky Sports from 2016 right now.... whilst Emenike is up front :crylol:
Bubbles Fortuna

The Straw wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:33 pm Does anyone know if the big man is fit?

He's currently playing right back for West Ham away at Leicester on Sky Sports from 2016 right now.... whilst Emenike is up front :crylol:
Bloody Moyes just can't buy the right striker, if only he strengthened in January!
DublinDave
Has liked: 2746 likes
Total likes: 1776 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:35 pm Bloody Moyes just can't buy the right striker, if only he strengthened in January!
Danny Ings says hello...
Then slinks off knowing that he's stealing a living until 2025 on 120k a week...
Ffs...

Unless you meant Jan 2022 when Mic had gone off the boil then I agree 100%...
Bubbles Fortuna

DublinDave wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:40 pm Danny Ings says hello...
Then slinks off knowing that he's stealing a living until 2025 on 120k a week...
Ffs...

Unless you meant Jan 2022 when Mic had gone off the boil then I agree 100%...
I was more making the point that struggling to sign a striker and poor/no January signings is a staple of the Sullivan era, i.e. Eminike, and not a strictly Moyes problem.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

And to think Sullivan started off his reign by signing Demba Ba in his 1st proper January window prior to us still getting relegated anyway.. :rofl:
Bubbles Fortuna

Colours never run wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:27 am And to think Sullivan started off his reign by signing Demba Ba in his 1st proper January window prior to us still getting relegated anyway.. :rofl:
The one time he got it right!

Thought didn't he also sign Robbie Keane!
Billbobtrev
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Billbobtrev »

I'm pretty sure he's got a place in Wapping. His wife's from the Manchester area and she's the actor Ricky whittles sister I believe. I fully expect him to start tomorrow night . Mubama should get the nod ahead of ings if he doesn't'. As the team shape wouldn't need to change .
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Now I am far from a fan of his, but boy did he put a shift in last night.

By far the stand out player of our front 3 I thought

Even nailed the comedy walking off, when subbed, in a Max Wall style
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 870 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

He was on full beast mode last night and worked very well with Paqueta.
One thing you can ever accuse Mike of is lack of effort, he may blow hot and cold with end product but always puts in a shift.
We do love a trier
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 351 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Billy Hunt wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:49 pm Now I am far from a fan of his, but boy did he put a shift in last night.

By far the stand out player of our front 3 I thought

Even nailed the comedy walking off, when subbed, in a Max Wall style
I was really worried when I saw the way he hobbled off, only to then see him charging off the bench when Pablo scored and dancing away merrily in front of the fans at the end.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Sir_Trevor wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:10 pm I was really worried when I saw the way he hobbled off, only to then see him charging off the bench when Pablo scored and dancing away merrily in front of the fans at the end.
I'm pretty sure the "limp" got worse once the ref told him to get a move on
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I thought he was brilliant last night
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Sir_Trevor wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:10 pm I was really worried when I saw the way he hobbled off, only to then see him charging off the bench when Pablo scored and dancing away merrily in front of the fans at the end.
When I saw the video of him straight jump over the hoarding when the fights kicked off like some kind of marvel hero I thought ah he isn't injured then
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Would have been special for him to net after one of those great Paq runs in the first half, but he played a massive part in subduing our opponents.

That's really what happened, looking back...it was all 'bearpit of a stadium' and the length of their unbeaten run there for us to think about, but the lads walked out onto that pitch yesterday to a man looking like this was all in a day's work.

As soon as they knew that we could break through their midfield, they weren't sure of themselves really.

In these two European excursions, we've never looked like a team against whom an upset is about to be recorded, from Zagreb, to Amsterdam.