✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by Centre Half »

Billy Hunt wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:21 pm Antonio has scored the whopping total of 5 league goals this season.

Think he should be looking at himself before he digs out others.

Roll on next season without him 🤞🏼
Scamacca should come out on a podcast and say in a David Moyes team you at least need to be able to stand up.

Slagging others off when he spends half his time on the deck. :thdn:
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 678 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

Centre Half wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:22 pm Scamacca should come out on a podcast and say in a David Moyes team you at least need to be able to stand up.

Slagging others off when he spends half his time on the deck. :thdn:
I think he's actually having a dig at Moyes rather than Scamacca here, watch when he says 'in a David Moyes team' he rolls his eyes to one of the other podcasters.

Still bad darts though and not very professional.

Worth also noting this was likely recorded months or weeks back and has unfortunately been released a week before the final.
Bubbles the monkey
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Bubbles the monkey »

Didn’t say anything outrageous, it’s what we all thought was the case, but he certainly should keep his counsel. Very unprofessional.

I just wish we change our style to accommodate him. Why should our strikers be working off scraps. If he goes elsewhere he’ll bang them in.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Both Moyes and Scamacca take glancing blows in this one.

The punch at Moyes is softened by the respect of calling him gaffer.

The kick at Scamacca is softened by calling him quality and that everything played into him sticks.

Michail continues to make a name for himself on the football podcast circuit.
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3198 likes

Post by WCpete »

Last year he was begging in the press for another striker to share the workload. This season he got one, then another, and he decided he didn't like sharing the workload. It's a team trying to transition at his expense (in his mind). He didn't like that. The transition had to be put on hiatus due to injuries and slow adapting players and Mic has been just the slightest bit smug about it because in the end Moyes has had to rely on him. Again. So for now, he's not wrong about any of the things he has said. But none of it was necessary to say.
Last edited by WCpete on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

I've never thought Antonio the sharpest tool in the box. That said, I think in all likelihood Antonio is the one of our three strikers who will be making way this summer, and he knows it, so probably didn't really consider saying something about a team mate to be that big a deal.

Lets be honest, Antonio was gash for long periods of this season, and only got back into the team because Scamacca was injured and Ings wasn't doing it.
Shabu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:14 pm He doesn't say anything bad at all. Some of you lot just want to hang the bloke no matter what.

He could come out & say "It's sunny today" & there'd be outrage on here that he should stick to football & not try to be a meteorologist :crossed:
Well it ****ing ain't, is it? How long has it been since you saw the average British sky then Shabu, eh? EH? EH?
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3047 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Public comments about your current manager AND your teammates normally aren't well-received in a football team dressing-room.
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3198 likes

Post by WCpete »

Not within a week of your first cup final in 17 years, although tbf, who knows when the interview actually took place.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

He’s had a shocker there, I’m really not a fan of active players doing these podcasts etc.

Unfortunately what he said is probably spot on. If Moyes is here next season we might as well sell Scamacca…….but that’s fine for me to say, not Antonio!
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

sendô wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:40 pm
Well it ****ing ain't, is it? How long has it been since you saw the average British sky then Shabu, eh? EH? EH?
It's been warmer in London than it has in San Diego lately. Bloody depressing
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Embarrassing really for the club, Antonio, Scammacca and Moyes. Really Mike......
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

Completely unnecessary, especially considering the timing.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'm also one of those who believes there's a time and a place to say such things and that Antonio is in the wrong for spouting off right now about it.

That said as it's now out in the open, it's also not good to hear someone so close to the situation confirming how Moyes struggles with playing the likes of Scamacca. As well as also confirming that Scamacca is a class quality player which some of us believed all along. Not that any of it is a surprise as we've heard Antonio before on what he thinks of Moyes managerial style in the past.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Reckon Scamacca is secretly fit, and raring to go, to be unleashed against Fiorentina, and Antonio has the hump about it.. nah me neither.

:D
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Thick as mince. Probably doesn't even realise what he's saying and the fall out it's causing.

🛎🔚
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Has anyone warned Antonio about Gianluca’s mafia family? :D

If you wake up with a horse’s head in your bedroom, you’ve only got yourself to blame, Michail!
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why someone would go out and call out a teammate like that.

More fool the club and in particular the media team for not managing how the players communicate - unless he’s gone rogue.

Poor form from Antonio.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Wish he would just keep it :zippy:
SullySpecial
Has liked: 263 likes
Total likes: 648 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

He’s always been a bit stupid, and says the first thing that comes in to his pea-sized brain.

If he had any common sense he’d listen back to the podcast, acknowledge the bits where he went too far, and do some edits. It’s not the first time he’s done this, and it won’t be the last. Hopefully it will be the last time he does it whilst representing West Ham though. Although, given his penchant for airing dirty laundry, it might put off other teams from signing him.
woodford
Has liked: 422 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by woodford »

PF. wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:07 am I don’t think I’ll ever understand why someone would go out and call out a teammate like that.

More fool the club and in particular the media team for not managing how the players communicate - unless he’s gone rogue.

Poor form from Antonio.
not the clubs fault. MA decides to shoot his mouth off then there are countless ways of him doing that.

I think his opinion of himself is right up there and he obviously feels he's ok to make comments about team mates, despite spending the majority of the year laying on his arse pretending he's been fouled

Even at a late stage in his career he may be better off concentrating on himself