✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by S-H »

Like I said in the Scamacca thread, he of all people should appreciate the way Moyes asks him to play..

Basically resurrected his career.
Gazmundo
Has liked: 286 likes
Total likes: 425 likes

Post by Gazmundo »

Antonio was feeding off scraps in terms of minutes on the pitch at RB/RW before Moyes came along and converted him into a striker. What an ungrateful prick.
Weirdy
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Weirdy »

I can't remember a straight out dig at a current team mate (although a long way away......)
in public like this at our club.
Behind closed doors and all that...
Sorry Mick but if we build a new West Ham game play, he should be in front of you or we remain the same ....
Sad :zippy:
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Thing is, there are two clips of Antonio actually saying that Scamacca is quality. In the other when he talks about quality signings we made, he refers to ‘Paqueta and Gianluca’.

I don’t even think Antonio meant it as a dig or realises it is one that glances off of both Moyes and Scamacca.

Think he just speaks before thinking of the consequences sometimes.
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:01 pm Think he just speaks before thinking of the consequences sometimes.
Seems at times his mouth control is as good as his ball control.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Can't imagine it's good for business when one of your own players is implying that Scamacca doesn't have a future while Moyes is at the club. It's only going to decrease his selling price.

With what Antonio said, it's a shame about Scamacca and I don't see why he can't be a fighter, unless he doesn't want to be, just wants it all his own way. Ings seems to be more than willing.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

It was clear from the lap of honour after the Leeds game he is off

One more big performance required
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2438 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:01 pm Think he just speaks before thinking of the consequences sometimes.
Nah, he's the exact opposite.
Espio
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Espio »

Re: his walk around the pitch alone, I believe he’s having some family issues currently, as per a popular WHU Patreon, which I won’t share publicly here…
GreenIron
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by GreenIron »

If you actually listen to what he said, it wasn’t that bad. Still not a good idea at any time, much less shortly before a final. But not actually that critical of anybody.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:31 pm I'm convinced he was holding back some tears as he walked past our corner with his name being sung.

I really don't want him to go. There's no reason he can't be just as effective a weapon off the bench for one more year.
maybe he isnt happy with being on the bench. Allegedly looking for a transfer in Jan wehn he felt he eas behind Scamacca.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

What a ****ing brain dead dickhead.

It’s bang out of order speaking about a team mate like that publicly. This is now the second time he’s done it.

The week before a cup final as well. Absolute knob.
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

He doesn't have a filter. It may not have been a bad thing to say, but it was unnecessary. And tbh, he may not even be correct. He's correct up until the point where Scamacca 's season ended, but all of the new players were poor by that point. In time maybe Scamacca figures it all out. Moyes too. And at his expense.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

He doesn't say anything bad at all. Some of you lot just want to hang the bloke no matter what.

He could come out & say "It's sunny today" & there'd be outrage on here that he should stick to football & not try to be a meteorologist :crossed:
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Idiotic.

Only one person comes out badly in that and that’s Antonio.
The week before a final too, insane.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Shabu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:14 pm He doesn't say anything bad at all. Some of you lot just want to hang the bloke no matter what.

He could come out & say "It's sunny today" & there'd be outrage on here that he should stick to football & not try to be a meteorologist :crossed:
Really? He’s come out and said one of his fellow players does not play the way we need him to (that’s me putting a nice spin on it) - in what way is criticising a teammate publicly on a YouTube podcast not a bad thing to do??

A secondary issue if you wanted to point it out is that he’s saying his manager has no attacking tactical nous and relies on his strikers to feed off scraps.

It’s a terrible look all round.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Shabu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:14 pm He doesn't say anything bad at all. Some of you lot just want to hang the bloke no matter what.

Have a day off.

He is digging out a team mate in public, which he has no right to do. It’s completely unprofessional.

I think it’s ****ing shocking.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

BigFatSam wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:17 pm Really? He’s come out and said one of his fellow players does not play the way we need him to (that’s me putting a nice spin on it) - in what way is criticising a teammate publicly on a YouTube podcast not a bad thing to do??

A secondary issue if you wanted to point it out is that he’s saying his manager has no attacking tactical nous and relies on his strikers to feed off scraps.
He probably read that on here :grin:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 354 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Antonio has scored the whopping total of 5 league goals this season.

Think he should be looking at himself before he digs out others.

Roll on next season without him 🤞🏼