✍️ Welcome Michail Antonio

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Re: Michail Antonio

Post by RayleighIrons »

Take It to the Limit wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:08 pm I’d prefer Dicksy and Konch to have a word with him personally.. 😂

Konch? Can't see him being bothered by that little div.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Ozza wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:59 pm you have no idea though, i suspect they dont and they just crack on with it
Moyes's comments today suggest he didn't "sign it off" at all.
Pete647580
Has liked: 1217 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

BBC:

West Ham have "no intention" of selling striker Michail Antonio despite the player saying he is talking to other clubs, says manager David Moyes.

Antonio said there was a possibility he could leave during the January transfer window.

The 32-year-old has been at the Hammers since 2015 and is the club's all-time leading Premier League scorer.

"[Antonio] said it but we here have got no intention of doing anything," Moyes said.

"Sometimes players choose to do that, some of them want to go. But at the moment we want [him] here, we want him playing well, we want him scoring goals, and we're happy to have him."

'And the cocky b*stard will be spending the next 6 games warming the bench' Moyes didn't go on to add.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

So the club didnt sign off on it, sounds like the manager has got the hump about it and it feels to me his angling for a move (which I felt over a week ago with other BS he came out with).

All setup for him to bitch more in the next podcast no doubt, or come out with b*llocks like "one mans waste is another mans treasure"......
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

Looking for one last pay day, simple as that.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Compared Antonio to Marlon the other day. That's completely unfair on Marlon.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Shoukd get rid he has been useless for a year.

Need someone in first though
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

Didn't see the game today and the highlights I saw were crap but how did Antonio play?
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1527 likes

Post by NWhammer »

Shabu wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:51 pm Didn't see the game today and the highlights I saw were crap but how did Antonio play?
Can’t fault his effort but in terms of quality, absolutely crap. Same old trying to dribble and shoot through players.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2750 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

NWhammer wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:56 pm Can’t fault his effort but in terms of quality, absolutely crap. Same old trying to dribble and shoot through players.
He did run around alot, this is true.
Unfortunately he was mainly chasing shadows that were already gone.
Bowen being crap & Benny being Benny didn't help him but he did very little to help himself or others.
After 5 minutes his head was probably occupied on how he would be approaching this weeks BBC podcast... :thdn:
'stone hammer
Has liked: 784 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Harsh comments; I thought his one touch link-up play was pretty good. Committed would be an understatement. Frequently sprinting back to our box to help out. Really solid performance.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 784 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

DublinDave wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:15 am He did run around alot, this is true.
Unfortunately he was mainly chasing shadows that were already gone.
A few times his pressing led to Newcastle playing a poor, rushed pass that was then intercepted.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2750 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

'stone hammer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:38 am Harsh comments; I thought his one touch link-up play was pretty good. Committed would be an understatement. Frequently sprinting back to our box to help out. Really solid performance.
Defensively he was good. Offensively he wasn't...
Just saying what I saw.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

I thought antonio was let down by bowen and benny. Benny was awful and bowen ineffective. Botman seemed to get away with several blatant pushes, he certainly kept him occupied. Much better
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

sorry not having it..

he's not been great or anywhere near it this season

today he was magnificent

he had no support or not much

worked his b*llocks off. he hasn't got the greatest touch and that's an understatement. but I expect everyone to give their all in every game.

he got a 9 out of 10 today. not in his finishing or touch et al..we all know what we get with Mike.

but he gave everything to the cause and I'm surprised he could even walk off at the end. knew what we needed today as did they all and did his best (which isn't Haaland) and I've (at least I think I have) given his credit when he's done well and vice versa.

this was back to where we were when Moyes came in.

St. Jude today..patron saint of lost causes.

got nothing from Benni (who I love in general) and not much from anyone else.

did his bit and then some.

:newthumb:
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

I didn’t see the game today but far too much is read into player’s performances from a personal perspective.

Antonio what ever you think of him as a player always gives his best. Those trying to bring him down and call him lazy are just showing their own bias….or dare I say it, their own lack of football knowledge.

He’s always gave his best for us and honestly some of the character assassinations I’ve read directed towards Antonio in recent weeks have been embarrassing.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I don’t question his commitment or effort in a match, it was 100% , it’s just like many other matches, his quality has been dire. Unfortunately neither was benny’s nor bowens much better.
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Post by WCpete »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:00 am sorry not having it..

he's not been great or anywhere near it this season

today he was magnificent

he had no support or not much

worked his b*llocks off. he hasn't got the greatest touch and that's an understatement. but I expect everyone to give their all in every game.

he got a 9 out of 10 today. not in his finishing or touch et al..we all know what we get with Mike.

but he gave everything to the cause and I'm surprised he could even walk off at the end. knew what we needed today as did they all and did his best (which isn't Haaland) and I've (at least I think I have) given his credit when he's done well and vice versa.

this was back to where we were when Moyes came in.

St. Jude today..patron saint of lost causes.

got nothing from Benni (who I love in general) and not much from anyone else.

did his bit and then some.

:newthumb:
And I think it was clear that he was given a mandate from Moyes to get stuck in the scrum in the middle of the pitch and occupy their big men, which he did very well. His work helped bring Paqueta, Bowen and Benny into the game. I do think his recent performances have been effective enough to warrant keeping his spot when Scamacca comes back. I'm a big believer in earning your spot until someone takes it off you. I think Scamacca needs to take it off Mic now. And I hope he does because it'll mean they're both playing well.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Thought he done well yesterday. Looked more interested in his role of a defensive no.9

Scamacca is a cut above in every area, so the sooner he gets back the better. Ings should be given a go at home to Chelsea too.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Think he’s played well fullstop since the Everton game.

Shame he was starting to tire towards the end of last night’s game. As I would’ve liked to see him stay on to play out wide, alongside Ings, when we took Benrahma off.