Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Re: Trump

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

I believe he loses his train of thought here because he's also mentally declassifying all of the JFK assassination docs.

Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

A trump backed would be Politician who won his primary & was due to challenge what is seen as a soft Democratic seat has been outed as a liar after he claimed he served in Afghanistan.

Turns out he didn't serve at all.

BUT, he claims he did serve and it's all highly secret so no one knows about it. It's been classified.

He could always ask trump to think about declassifying it.

This is what the bloke did to his own garden during the last election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/2 ... e-00058406
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

I've just watched'Trump The Comeback?' on BBC2. British TV anchor for the beeb in the states, Katty Kay in the southern states talking mid terms and Trump.

I can't really describe how it made me feel to witness what seems like some kind of dystopian,brain washed public talking about 'God,Guns and Trump' and in some cases 'civil war'. Democracy it seems is only fair and square if Trump wins, and seems to be at great risk with voter rights changing etc.etc.
I realise Trump is driving this, but what I wonder is who is driving him, what's behind it all, it's not simply his ego is it?, and with my conspiracy theorists head in overdrive, is it perhaps in anyway related to what's going on in our seemingly bonkers government at the minute?

It seems the loonies really have taken over the asylum
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

OFT wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:44 am I've just watched'Trump The Comeback?' on BBC2. British TV anchor for the beeb in the states, Katty Kay in the southern states talking mid terms and Trump.

I can't really describe how it made me feel to witness what seems like some kind of dystopian,brain washed public talking about 'God,Guns and Trump' and in some cases 'civil war'. Democracy it seems is only fair and square if Trump wins, and seems to be at great risk with voter rights changing etc.etc.
I realise Trump is driving this, but what I wonder is who is driving him, what's behind it all, it's not simply his ego is it?, and with my conspiracy theorists head in overdrive, is it perhaps in anyway related to what's going on in our seemingly bonkers government at the minute?

It started as his ego but morphed into this weird movement.

America has built a false image of itself through television, movies, songs, commercials etc and people are increasingly disillusioned with the reality of life.

Meanwhile there are less crumbs for the average man to feed on as the top 1% keep siphoning off more and more money.

trump has tapped into this and they've fallen hook line and sinker. They're too invested to turn back now.

The maga movement has merged with the Christian Right along with a kind of white supremacy movement. And they mean business
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Shabu wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:56 am It started as his ego but morphed into this weird movement.

America has built a false image of itself through television, movies, songs, commercials etc and people are increasingly disillusioned with the reality of life.

Meanwhile there are less crumbs for the average man to feed on as the top 1% keep siphoning off more and more money.

trump has tapped into this and they've fallen hook line and sinker. They're too invested to turn back now.

The maga movement has merged with the Christian Right along with a kind of white supremacy movement. And they mean business
Reminds me of what I read about the rise of Hitler. Before Trump supporters have a go at me I mean by tapping into people's unhappiness and their fears.
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

OFT wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:44 am I've just watched'Trump The Comeback?' on BBC2. British TV anchor for the beeb in the states, Katty Kay in the southern states talking mid terms and Trump.

There are several links. Steve Bannon. Obviously very close to Trump and his campaigns but worked with the ERG, Farage too.
The oil and tabacco industries both sides of the pond dictating policies, very evidently in the early Truss days. Kwatang's fiscal failings led largely by the same US hedge fund backers that caused the previous global economic crisis.
Much of the actions over the last few years are very Trumpesque. Look at all the inquiries that have been launched, all out off or delayed, brushed off. Cause as much mayhem as possible and the public will forget about it and it will go away.
Rees- Mogg this morning, another example of denying they are doing anything wrong. Staying the interest rate rise was not caused by them.and questioning the Beebs impartiality for suggesting so.

They not only avoid criticism from within ( getting rid of any dissenting ministers or MP's & the civil service, their own advisory bodies etc) but play the blame game.
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

Probably the only positive I took from ' Trump the comeback' was the former Republican senator suggesting that Trump won't run again for fear of losing.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Essexmaniac wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:29 am Probably the only positive I took from ' Trump the comeback' was the former Republican senator suggesting that Trump won't run again for fear of losing.
Sadly, I wasn't convinced by him or his suggestion but that may be more to do with the overall effect on me of watching what was a very depressing programme, not least of all the parts showing that individuals are being put in place to make sure trump does win

incidentally, I thought Kay handled it all very well.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

OFT wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:54 am Sadly, I wasn't convinced by him or his suggestion but that may be more to do with the overall effect on me of watching what was a very depressing programme, not least of all the parts showing that individuals are being put in place to make sure trump does win

incidentally, I thought Kay handled it all very well.
I agree, thought the whole Trump thing was looking very well choreographed, with tons of support across the board, those shop keepers made me chuckle, until I realised it wasn't ironic in any way. :shock:
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Robert Mercer
Leonard Leo
The Kochs
The Scaifes
The Olins
The Bradleys
Steven Schwarzmann
Vlad…… :hush:
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 355 likes

Post by old fart »

WCpete wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:03 am
Blimey, makes Braverman seem humane
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

old fart wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:14 am Blimey, makes Braverman seem humane
If you watch some American media they bang on about how America is the only country with freedom of speech but the only difference between here and the rest of the world is you're allowed to lie about people (well up until Alex Jones) & promote hate speech.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

She's either completely lost her mind or she knows her time in office is on the clock and she's just going to try and burn whatever she still can. Even her husband noped out on her. He recently filed for dicorce.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

This could be fun. Capitol Riot Inquiry subpoenas Trump
The US congressional committee investigating last year's Capitol riot has issued a legal summons for former President Donald Trump to testify.

"He is required to answer for his actions," said Representative Bennie Thompson, a Mississippi Democrat.

If Mr Trump does not comply with the summons, known as a subpoena, he could face criminal charges and imprisonment.

The select committee is looking into Trump supporters' storming of Congress on 6 January 2021.

The panel's seven Democrats and two Republicans voted 9-0 in favour on Thursday of issuing the subpoena for the former Republican president to provide documents and testimony under oath in connection with the Capitol riot.

Representative Liz Cheney, the committee's vice-chairwoman and a Wyoming Republican, said: "We are obligated to seek answers directly from the man who set this all in motion. And every American is entitled to those answers."

more...
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Just finishing watching today's hearing. Bit of a waste of time, tbh. Very little new information. Interesting video of Pelosi and Schumer trying to arrange for police support, but what does that have to do with whether Trump organized the insurrection? Not to mention that it was Pelosi's daughter filming the video. The hearing was meant to be a dramatic prologue to dropping the "bomb" that Trump will be summoned to testify. And when that actually happens, what are we really expecting other than Trump lying about everything?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Do congressional committees have 'court' status for want of a better description? Are witnesses under oath, do perjury rules apply and so on?
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:57 am Do congressional committees have 'court' status for want of a better description? Are witnesses under oath, do perjury rules apply and so on?
They have a constitutionally-mandated status. However, they operate as distinct branch of government from the courts. Their subpoenas are indeed enforceable but in a somewhat different manner than those issued by prosecutors. Steve Bannon is a recent example of a successful Contempt of Congress prosecution, although his case is currently under appeal based on a specious claim of Executive Privilege. Similarly, perjury as a Congressional witness is also a felony, although it is a different section of US Code from perjury in a court of law.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:23 am Just finishing watching today's hearing. Bit of a waste of time, tbh. Very little new information. Interesting video of Pelosi and Schumer trying to arrange for police support, but what does that have to do with whether Trump organized the insurrection? Not to mention that it was Pelosi's daughter filming the video. The hearing was meant to be a dramatic prologue to dropping the "bomb" that Trump will be summoned to testify. And when that actually happens, what are we really expecting other than Trump lying about everything?
Totally disagree. There's a duality here: there's what needs to be done on the record within the system. There is also the need to be mindful how this all is being understood throughout the country, i.e. the PR war. The battle for the hearts and minds of the American people is no small concern. The hearing summarized the entirety of what happened and provided a clear synopsis of how Trump was personally and directly responsible for it. Wrapping it up with the subpoena was much more effective than a referral to DOJ would have been. Aside from the reality that DoJ is already pursuing these matters independently, the subpoena is a direct challenge to Trump and even the idiots in the MSM are able to characterize it that way. You know that the ever image-conscious former guy doesn't want to be appear passive and weak, and desperately wants a chance to make a spectacle of himself. He's already having a public tantrum about it and seems hellbent on admitting to more crimes:

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/trump- ... out-lying/

None of this happens if the J6 Committee just issues a report and leaves it to the various media across the spectrum to interpret. The complete distortion of the Mueller Report shows the inherent failure of taking that approach.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

if trump does have to give his side of things about January 6th the most important issue to him will be RATINGS!

How many people tuned in to watch him. He doesn't care about consequences or America. Just how many ratings he generates.