Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Re: Trump

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Shabu wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:49 pm That's no way to talk to a lady.
It's no way to the high ground. Why stoop to their level.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

This is fine.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:26 pm It's no way to the high ground. Why stoop to their level.
What do you mean? That's how New Yorkers speak to everyone.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

prophet:marginal wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:15 pm We're living through history.

I know that everyone can say that, but these events, an ex-Pres, running again for 2024, arraigned on felonies, whilst another one, on the other side of the world rains down murder on a daily basis, not just on Ukraine, but on the teenagers he's press-ganged onto the front line.

It will take years, if not decades, to sift through the debris.

It will take half that time just to find a jury that hasn't already got fixed views on the accused.
It's America. It's a complete clusterf*ck and the most rancid country on the planet. Yet they still believe they are better than everyone else.

Basically they deserve everything they get.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

No disrespect pete, but you're talking ****.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2723 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

EvilC wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:38 pm This is fine.
If that girl gets harmed by a cracker I hope DT Jr gets locked up.
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by Shabu »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:51 pm Yet they still believe they are better than everyone else.
Definitely true of a large section of the over 40 white population. Which is the demographic that mainly supports trump.

The younger generation, especially here in California, are much better.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

If you have trouble sleeping:-

Official list of indictments

Statement of facts
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

The greatest indignity of it all :crylol:

vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:08 pm If you have trouble sleeping:-

Official list of indictments

Statement of facts
Phew. No, I can't sleep and I'm sodded if I can read beyond the first pages of either. The official charges read a lot more nasty than the facts. Thought it was just the sexy stuff he was being indicted for, so the pre-election stuff has been hanging around for years? I dislike the bloke from a distance, but what buzzes round my little head is that wasn't Bill Clinton near prosecuted for lying under oath as well? And how many other people have entered dodgy payments as 'general fees' ? I mean I don't even like seeing his mouth opening and closing on tv and the media over here portray a very negative impression of his 'rust belt' supporters, but it grieves me to say that I think there is a 'witch hunt' going on here.Some very high-up people want him out of politics.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Clinton was impeached for lying to a grand jury and obstructing justice. And if the Epstein reports were ever to be made public he would likely be in a lot of bother in that regard as well. There are terrible stories about Clinton from when he was the Governor of Arkansas as well. Bill is a piece of ****.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:18 am Clinton was impeached for lying to a grand jury and obstructing justice. And if the Epstein reports were ever to be made public he would likely be in a lot of bother in that regard as well. There are terrible stories about Clinton from when he was the Governor of Arkansas as well. Bill is a piece of ****.
It appears to me that every President since Carter, except for Obama, has been involved in some murky ****.

W may not have known what he was involved in though. He just left things to Daddy & Uncle Dick.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

vietnammer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:33 am Phew. No, I can't sleep and I'm sodded if I can read beyond the first pages of either. The official charges read a lot more nasty than the facts. Thought it was just the sexy stuff he was being indicted for, so the pre-election stuff has been hanging around for years? I dislike the bloke from a distance, but what buzzes round my little head is that wasn't Bill Clinton near prosecuted for lying under oath as well? And how many other people have entered dodgy payments as 'general fees' ? I mean I don't even like seeing his mouth opening and closing on tv and the media over here portray a very negative impression of his 'rust belt' supporters, but it grieves me to say that I think there is a 'witch hunt' going on here.Some very high-up people want him out of politics.
He's been a criminal for five decades. He got away with it because he was rich & had great lawyers.

The only difference is now the spotlight is on him.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:51 pm It's America. It's a complete clusterf*ck and the most rancid country on the planet. Yet they still believe they are better than everyone else.

Basically they deserve everything they get.
even with their faults, still prefer them to be the dominant power rather than China.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2938 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I was hoping we would get to see Stormy Daniels put in handcuffs.......
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

the pink palermo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:14 am I was hoping we would get to see Stormy Daniels put in handcuffs.......
If you look in the right places you will get your wish and a lot lot more.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

vietnammer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:33 am Phew. No, I can't sleep and I'm sodded if I can read beyond the first pages of either. The official charges read a lot more nasty than the facts. Thought it was just the sexy stuff he was being indicted for, so the pre-election stuff has been hanging around for years? I dislike the bloke from a distance, but what buzzes round my little head is that wasn't Bill Clinton near prosecuted for lying under oath as well? And how many other people have entered dodgy payments as 'general fees' ? I mean I don't even like seeing his mouth opening and closing on tv and the media over here portray a very negative impression of his 'rust belt' supporters, but it grieves me to say that I think there is a 'witch hunt' going on here.Some very high-up people want him out of politics.
That is precisely what he wants you to think.

Feel free, of course, but are not witch hunts the kind of activities where prejudices put the cart before the horse?

He may try to steer this into an argument about personalities, racism, Democrats and someone's son's laptop, but the reality is that 12 members of the US public have found enough evidence on which he might be tried in a criminal court?

Never happened before, so the Clinton thing may not be directly equivalent?
RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv »

prophet:marginal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:32 am He may try to steer this into an argument about personalities, racism, Democrats and someone's son's laptop, but the reality is that 12 members of the US public have found enough evidence on which he might be tried in a criminal court?
It's natural for people to be sceptical when the New York County District Attorney Alvin Bragg is an elected official and a Democrat. This is not 100% political, but it certainly plays its part.

What I find amazing is how politicised the judiciary is in the US. What a shitty system.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

RichieRiv wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:59 am What I find amazing is how politicised the judiciary is in the US. What a shitty system.
This is what I was thinking.

Given that the Supreme Court judges are lifetime appointments made by the President, the top level of the judiciary is completely politicised. It's akin to the House of Lords, which most people think is dysfunctional and therefore has minimal power, but somehow the US Supreme Court is still at the centre of their system.

It's somewhat ironic that when someone a bit lower in the judiciary dares to charge Trump he immediately shouts "WITCH HUNT!!!"
RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv »

southbrishammer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:12 am It's somewhat ironic that when someone a bit lower in the judiciary dares to charge Trump he immediately shouts "WITCH HUNT!!!"
It is a system that is open to political bias - both ways. It would be naive to think there is no political motivation being employed, but it is equally open to screaming witchhunt.

The truth of the matter is these charges, including if they stick, would not prevent him from standing at POTUS and in fact what the egomaniac is getting is a lot more free coverage than any of his rivals.

Perhaps the Democrats think that their best chance of winning is by having Trump run for the Republicans so they are influencing matters through the NYDA.