Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2445 likes

Re: Trump

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Gratifying to hear that the overgrown man baby is extremely upset and blaming everyone but himself for the "red wave" manifesting. Apparently, he blamed his wife for the failures, as well as his aides. You have to wonder why she hasn't binned the twat - presumably, he got her to sign a prenup that leaves her with naff all if she leaves him, although you'd expect she'd be able to make a few bucks selling her story.
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

I think Cuenca is correct. I don't see Biden running again. He is too old. He is too divisive. I'm not sure who can step forward in the next few years to become a strong candidate for the Dems. I think Shabu mentioned Gavin Newsom, and he probably will be in contention. I think he would lose and I think the Dem bigwigs know it, so I don't see them throwing their full weight behind him when it comes to it. I'm not sure who else there is though. There are some members of Congress who stand out for me, but some are too young and inexperienced and some simply won't play well in some of the swing states, especially the southern ones. Thinking of someone like Katie Porter. The US is too immature to take someone like Katie seriously, even though she's one of the few I'd consider to be smart enough, tough enough and not a complete and utter crook.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not wishing to be a conspiracy theorist but he isn't running the country at all. the people "behind him" or the party is.

how many times now has he said that the US will stand behind Taiwan if China invades, only for the press secretary or whomever come out immediately after and say, "erm, no we won't."

he can't honestly hold a speech unless it's written down on a teleprompter and even then, he cocks that up.

no, the party isn't letting him run again. they'll cite ill health or some such thing to drop him from the next ticket. I doubt they'll even let him announce that he's running.

I don't know enough about any top Dems to think of a name that would get them another Presidency. but it won't be Biden. of that, I'm very sure.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

I'm all for getting Obama back.

No scandals & 78 months of continuous economic growth.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Shabu wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:16 pm I'm all for getting Obama back.

No scandals & 78 months of continuous economic growth.
probably he and his team have been behind the scenes for Biden's entire term....

:winker:
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Hopefully we'll start seeing the sun set on Trump (apart from the court cases :crossed: )

Candidates he backed have missed easy Republican tap in states. The GOP must realise he is poison now, time a few of them get the balls to tell him to shut up.

Now Desantis has the wind on his back they will all switch to him I reckon.
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 355 likes

Post by old fart »

Where's Boogers he seemed to have his finger on the pulse re MAGA and all things Trumponian
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

With any luck the don will soon be back where he belongs, in the UK arguing with locals over windmills ruining the view on his golf courses.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

If Trump runs, so does Biden. It's the safest bet to beat him.

If this idea that Biden is being worked like Pinnochio is true then why would those pulling the strings care whether they're doing that now or in 3 years time?
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:47 pm Hopefully we'll start seeing the sun set on Trump (apart from the court cases :crossed: )

Candidates he backed have missed easy Republican tap in states. The GOP must realise he is poison now, time a few of them get the balls to tell him to shut up.

Now Desantis has the wind on his back they will all switch to him I reckon.
We'll see. I doubt that the Q crazies will melt away into the dark again. They have younger, more extreme champions who will vie to step in to take over from trump. DeSantis will represent the more moderate faction of the GOP. Either way, there will likely be a larger divide in the party in '24 who are less likely to coalesce especially if the Dems don't put forward a threatening candidate. Unless of course Obama jumps back in, which he won't. He's living easy now. He's not going to want to give that up.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

What's happened to Kamala Harris? She seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Is there a chance of her getting the nomination, or is she too closely linked with Biden?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:12 pm If Trump runs, so does Biden. It's the safest bet to beat him.

If this idea that Biden is being worked like Pinnochio is true then why would those pulling the strings care whether they're doing that now or in 3 years time?
The person making that claim is a trump supporter so.....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:12 pm If Trump runs, so does Biden. It's the safest bet to beat him.

because it would be like Weekend At Bernie's ???

:crylol:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:31 pm What's happened to Kamala Harris? She seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Is there a chance of her getting the nomination, or is she too closely linked with Biden?
It was a marriage of convenience, and Biden has largely sidelined her and her staff. Early on he gave her some difficult and very fractious projects to spearhead, including finding the causes of illegal immigration. She was always going to be on a hiding to nothing with any reporting she produced. Biden has largely ignored any contributions she has made, and she has been removed from the limelight. I would imagine Kamala still does have ambitions for the Presidency, but I'd be surprised if she'd have support from the party. Biden says he'd retain her if he decides to run again, but I think it very unlikely we'll see Joe in the hot seat again.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

There are some unhappy dudes out there. Tbh, there won't be a lot of "happy" people on either side. Relief from one side, to be sure. But we've condemned ourselves to another 2 years of stasis.

"Put a ring on it says" says serial ring-puter-onner, commentator.

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

slightly off topic.

long time ago, when I first moved to the States, and a friend told me her dad had a prostrate problem. (never heard of it at that time, 40 years ago maybe) I said oh wow, never heard of it what is it, and she said, "it's xxxxxx and any single man can get it..."

and me stupidly says "great reason to get married then I suppose !!!"

:oops: :oops: :oops:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

You find out quickly the first time your GP snaps a rubber glove onto his hand. I suppose that is something your wife could do though, if that sort of think is up ur alley, so to speak. :chin:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t he admitting he rigged an election by sending the FBI and US Attorneys in to fix the count? If so, then we have a combo DeSantis bash, admission of wrong doing statement from Dr. L’orange.

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Nothing will happen
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Shabu wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:27 pm Nothing will happen