Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Re: Trump

Post by Puff Daddy »

He's a celebrity~ get him back in there
Shabu
Has liked: 4188 likes
Total likes: 2048 likes

Post by Shabu »

My thing isn't about trump so much as trump supporters - and specifically how far they'll go in their blind devotion despite the constant lies & double standards. Something I know all politicians do but this is on another level & is now just an obvious money grab.

Having seen 'regular' people just be completely transformed by trumpism it is a bit of a fascination for me. Almost like a religious conversion.

Next year is going to interesting starting with January 6th & then the mid term elections which are usually won by the party that lost the previous election.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:34 am Dunno about that. Afghanistan was a genuine disaster, China and Russia are emboldened and his and the Dems approval ratings are in the toilet!
I can't disagree about Afghanistan IB, it truly was. But that had been set in motion by Trump. And what would he have done differently to Biden, if he had still been in office?
Likewise with China & Russia. They weren't exactly scared of what Trump might do to them when he was in charge.
Ratings are ratings. Like the Conservatives here, the incumbent lot usually attract the most ire.
Well, they would, they're the ones in charge! There's less point in complaining about the opposition!
Samba

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:56 pm My thing isn't about trump so much as trump supporters - and specifically how far they'll go in their blind devotion despite the constant lies & double standards. Something I know all politicians do but this is on another level & is now just an obvious money grab.

Having seen 'regular' people just be completely transformed by trumpism it is a bit of a fascination for me. Almost like a religious conversion.
I'm sure there's deep, psychological reasons why (some/most?) people voted for Trump. And equally for Biden, of course.
People saw something in Trump that Hillary didn't have, apart from the obvious, left/right preference.
He was 'exciting & controversial'. I guess he might also have been seen by some, as being an 'untouchable, winner'.
Listening to him yesterday, I can WELL see him running again next time. He ain't done yet, with the top job, imo.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Samba wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:12 pm I can't disagree about Afghanistan IB, it truly was. But that had been set in motion by Trump. And what would he have done differently to Biden, if he had still been in office?
Likewise with China & Russia. They weren't exactly scared of what Trump might do to them when he was in charge.
Ratings are ratings. Like the Conservatives here, the incumbent lot usually attract the most ire.
Well, they would, they're the ones in charge! There's less point in complaining about the opposition!
The problem wasn’t pulling out, but the manner in which it was done. At least the Trump plan would have seen the pull out take place in the winter, when fighting is pretty much impossible. For some reason Joe decided to delay it by six months (for PR reasons actually) and he tried to evacuate right in the middle of fighting season.

Moronic decision by Biden and his team. To be fair to Joe, he is so old and doddery I doubt he has much say in anything!
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Samba wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:21 pm I'm sure there's deep, psychological reasons why (some/most?) people voted for Trump. And equally for Biden, of course.
People saw something in Trump that Hillary didn't have, apart from the obvious, left/right preference.
He was 'exciting & controversial'. I guess he might also have been seen by some, as being an 'untouchable, winner'.
Listening to him yesterday, I can WELL see him running again next time. He ain't done yet, with the top job, imo.
Without accusing every trump supporter of racism you only need to listen to my (non white) mates & family who all ran across people who told them - after the 2016 election - "trumps in charge now." with a look meaning 'get back in your place'.

Many voted for Biden not because they like Biden but just because he ain't trump. I'm not sure if they'll have the same impetus next time around. The Democrats in America seem about as headless as the Labour in the UK.

Andrew Yang is trying to start a 3rd major party here which would be in the middle while also focusing on more modern issues like climate change & single use plastics which I think is great but he doesn't have a f*cking chance in hell of succeeding because the old guard just have too much money washing about & keeping the status quo suits them both.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

So on Christmas Eve Biden makes phone calls to people. I'm not sure what the tradition is but Americans of days gone by lapped this stuff up. Didn't matter whether you voted for them or not, they were the president. Obviously not the case now as the left & right are both pretty spiteful.

So Biden is on the phone to Jared Schmeck of Oregon, ex cop who now works for his dads company. Biden wishes him a Merry Christmas etc & the bloke responds with "Let's go Brandon" which is a trump supporters code for "f*** Joe Biden". It originated from Nascar which is where blokes drive in a circle for hours and hours.

So now people are calling Jared names online & he's complaining saying "all I did was exercise my 1st Amendment rights (free speech) & now people are using their 1st Amendment rights which I find hurtful"

Meanwhile, Biden has no ****ing clue what's going on as he's not all there anymore :lol:

taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

Poor Joe everybody is taking the piss out of him and he doesn't even realise
Samba

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:18 am So on Christmas Eve Biden makes phone calls to people. I'm not sure what the tradition is but Americans of days gone by lapped this stuff up. Didn't matter whether you voted for them or not, they were the president. Obviously not the case now as the left & right are both pretty spiteful.

So Biden is on the phone to Jared Schmeck of Oregon, ex cop who now works for his dads company. Biden wishes him a Merry Christmas etc & the bloke responds with "Let's go Brandon" which is a trump supporters code for "**** Joe Biden". It originated from Nascar which is where blokes drive in a circle for hours and hours.

So now people are calling Jared names online & he's complaining saying "all I did was exercise my 1st Amendment rights (free speech) & now people are using their 1st Amendment rights which I find hurtful"
He's a Trump supporter, I'm surprised he can find anything.
Samba

Post by Samba »

taust68 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:25 am Poor Joe everybody is taking the piss out of him and he doesn't even realise
Well, perhaps ignorance IS bliss..
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

taust68 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:25 am Poor Joe everybody is taking the piss out of him and he doesn't even realise
Just like Trump :rofl:
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

Heysel76 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:47 pm Just like Trump :rofl:
True
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 483 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Heysel76 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:47 pm Just like Trump :rofl:

Surely when people get to a certain state of power they've got such thick hides that nothing bothers them?
Samba

Post by Samba »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:20 am Surely when people get to a certain state of power they've got such thick hides that nothing bothers them?
That SHOULD be the case, H.
Trouble is, Mrs Biden's reaction as opposed to Joe's reaction, suggested very much that he just didn't 'get it'. Which was actually in a way, the best reaction to have, to some bloke trying to be a clever c*nt.
On the other hand, 'TrumpleThinSkin', definitely hasn't got a thick hide...
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Shabu wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:18 am So on Christmas Eve Biden makes phone calls to people. I'm not sure what the tradition is but Americans of days gone by lapped this stuff up. Didn't matter whether you voted for them or not, they were the president. Obviously not the case now as the left & right are both pretty spiteful.

So Biden is on the phone to Jared Schmeck of Oregon, ex cop who now works for his dads company. Biden wishes him a Merry Christmas etc & the bloke responds with "Let's go Brandon" which is a trump supporters code for "**** Joe Biden". It originated from Nascar which is where blokes drive in a circle for hours and hours.

Meanwhile, Biden has no ****ing clue what's going on as he's not all there anymore :lol:

This bloke is cashing in on his five minutes.

He appeared on a Steve Bannon Show (Bannon was a major trump backer early on & is somehow involved in the January 6th attacks) wearing a trump cap & saying that the election was stolen. Which is a big change from a couple of days ago when he said he "wasn't a trumper, just a free thinker"

Now Jared Schmeck is saying he's going to run for office because "god put me in this position for a reason".

Another white trash fake christian running for office in America. Just what the country needs :lol:
Macca1973
Has liked: 1832 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

‘White trash is a derogatory racial and class-related slur used in American English to refer to poor white people, especially in the rural southern United States’

This is acceptable language on KUMB?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Macca1973 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:21 pm ‘White trash is a derogatory racial and class-related slur used in American English to refer to poor white people, especially in the rural southern United States’

Samba

Post by Samba »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:59 pm
:crylol:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1972 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Macca1973 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:21 pm ‘White trash is a derogatory racial and class-related slur used in American English to refer to poor white people, especially in the rural southern United States’

Isn't it just like calling someone a chav?
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 438 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

I think Shabu needs to put a trigger warning on his posts. I am also waiting to see the reaction when someone uses the term “mangia cake”.