Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: Trump

Post by Samba »

Macca1973 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:32 pm Conservatives don’t really get called ‘Conservative’ any more though, certainly not in this country, normally it’s ‘Tory scum’. Not sure what the equivalent is in the US, I’m sure it’s equally balanced and mature!
Stop being so 'woke', Macca..
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Macca1973 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:32 pm Conservatives don’t really get called ‘Conservative’ any more though, certainly not in this country, normally it’s ‘Tory scum’. Not sure what the equivalent is in the US, I’m sure it’s equally balanced and mature!
I'll go 'Rabid Rednecks' to start . :winker:
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

To be honest, I think I’m not interested in politics like I used to be. Especially US politics now. Sure Trump is a nut job but Biden will surely go down as the ‘Mr Irrelevant’ of US Presidents. His thread on here is about 4 pages back, none of the usual suspects on here ever see anything he does as worthy of comment.

Same in this country. I feel let down by BJ and this Conservative government, no one will be getting my vote at the next election as none of them deserve it and I’m sure I’d feel that way if I lived in the US too, Democrats are no better than Republicans, they’re all self serving.

You guys enjoy yourself though talking about Trump on a daily basis. With regards to the hearings that are going on, I couldn’t care less to be honest, same with the abortion ruling, it’s unfortunate but the US is thousands of miles away, it doesn’t effect me in the slightest. Sometimes I think we need to remember that in the Uk.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Macca1973 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 amSame in this country. I feel let down by BJ and this Conservative government, no one will be getting my vote at the next election as none of them deserve it and I’m sure I’d feel that way if I lived in the US too, Democrats are no better than Republicans, they’re all self serving.
I think I'd rather have Mr Irrelevant in charge instead of someone that is flat-out dangerous, so I think the idea that one isn't better than the other is wrong.
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

Again, I’m not defending Trump but I remember the hysteria when he was elected, he was gonna cause WW3 etc. It was all quiet on his watch, Putin, Iran and North Korea all quiet. They were probably all waiting, knowing that the ‘left’ would get someone back in the White House, a weak link, and now they have.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Macca1973 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:27 am Again, I’m not defending Trump but I remember the hysteria when he was elected, he was gonna cause WW3 etc. It was all quiet on his watch, Putin, Iran and North Korea all quiet. They were probably all waiting, knowing that the ‘left’ would get someone back in the White House, a weak link, and now they have.
You are not defending Trump but then go on to defend him. It wasn't quiet on his watch down at Capitol Hill, in fact, it was completely out of hand.

The timing of Putin's attack was very likely more to do with being able to squeeze Europe via natural gas, which they were already short of.
OFT

Post by OFT »

Macca1973 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 am To be honest, I think I’m not interested in politics like I used to be. Especially US politics now. Sure Trump is a nut job but Biden will surely go down as the ‘Mr Irrelevant’ of US Presidents. His thread on here is about 4 pages back, none of the usual suspects on here ever see anything he does as worthy of comment.

Same in this country. I feel let down by BJ and this Conservative government, no one will be getting my vote at the next election as none of them deserve it and I’m sure I’d feel that way if I lived in the US too, Democrats are no better than Republicans, they’re all self serving.

You guys enjoy yourself though talking about Trump on a daily basis. With regards to the hearings that are going on, I couldn’t care less to be honest, same with the abortion ruling, it’s unfortunate but the US is thousands of miles away, it doesn’t effect me in the slightest. Sometimes I think we need to remember that in the Uk.

I'm fascinated by the levels to which these people appear to be prepared to sink and the public 'interpretation' of what's going on, less 'levelling up' and more 'bottoming out'
Clearly I'm an old 'leftie' but the argument in the UK that the 'alternatives are no better' is to me baffling, and if I may be so bold, a typical response by disillusioned voters/supporters of the government of the day of either persuasion ( That's not a criticism on my part by the way)

Regarding Biden, the biggest legacy he could deliver ,IMHO, would be to hand over to his deputy , may as well test the unsettled waters to the maximum.
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

That’s a ringing endorsement of the president!

I’ve seen nothing from Labour and Keir Starmer that makes me want to vote for them either but I’ll be watching and listening closely for the next couple of years. I can imagine voters feel much the same in the US with crime and homelessness spiralling out of control in those big Democrat cities.

Anyway, I’ll leave you guys to it, just remember if Biden ever does do anything, his thread is on about page 4.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Johnson doesn't deserve your vote, Macca. Sadly - he knows that there are many who can't bring themselves to vote for the other side. That's why he knows that he is empowered to carry on doing whatever the f*** he wants without any consequences.

Trump's behaviour caught up with him and he got voted out. Sadly, he still didn't have the class to accept it which lead to huge issues. Biden is dull - and it's ridiculous that he's the alternative to Trump. But Trump left the voters no choice but to act. I see the same happening in the UK right now - a leader who seems to think he is untouchable and is embarrassing his own party and his own voters. It makes me sad the electorate are allowing him to get away with it.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

I can't believe that of the 400+m people in the UK and America, the voters are left with the choice of

Biden
Trump
Starmer
Johnson

Is that really the best we can do between us? What a pathetic choice. I know one thing though, even as a pretty right-leaning person I cannot vote for Johnson. He is a genuine disgrace.
OFT

Post by OFT »

Macca1973 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:03 am That’s a ringing endorsement of the president!

Anyway, I’ll leave you guys to it, just remember if Biden ever does do anything, his thread is on about page 4.
It is though a ringing endorsement of the US system and the hideous state of affairs where an elected president can't 'do anything' either because of Congress or the SCOTUS tucked up against him by the previous incumbent.

I wish Biden no ill but should he have to step aside the entertainment value could be tremendous unless of course the SCOTUS decides it can't have a Democrat Female Black Woman at the helm and makes the necessary 'adjustments' just in case Biden doesn't go the distance.
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by Shabu »

Turns to Stone wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:49 pm
Trump's behaviour caught up with him and he got voted out.
This is both true and untrue at the same time, unfortunately

trump lost the popular vote both times but got MORE votes the 2nd time.

Luckily his behaviour did cause more people to vote against him the 2nd time around.
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

Starmer however everyone seems to want to denigrate him has a solid record of being a Public servant, director of public prosecutions his knighthood was earned? maybe you need him to impregnate half of Westminster?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Anyone doubting the power trump still has in regards to his supporters only needs to look at the Wyoming Primaries.

Liz Cheney won the State handily last time out & was supported by her friend Harriet Hageman. She won last time by 40 points.

Suddenly Hageman comes out & says she's a trump supporter & he's endorsed her. Now she leads Cheney by 30 points in the state.

https://www.deseret.com/2022/6/17/23172 ... ming-trump
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

I think Cheney is starting her campaign for president now. She's on every media outlet talking about it. Apparently Trump is about to announce his run for '24 any minute now as well, at least in part to put pressure on the Jan 6 hearings to back off of him.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

I know I shouldn't laugh but I couldn't help it listening to this.....

One of the Republicans on the January 6th committee released some of the threatening phone calls he's been receiving lately.

The people making the calls couldn't sound any more like what you'd expect people making these type of calls to make :lol:

Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Shabu wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:05 pm I know I shouldn't laugh but I couldn't help it listening to this.....

One of the Republicans on the January 6th committee released some of the threatening phone calls he's been receiving lately.

The people making the calls couldn't sound any more like what you'd expect people making these type of calls to make :lol:

Some of those 'Mericans make Elmer Fudd sound presidential.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

They are full on brainwashed cult members. If trump switched to Democrat they'd follow him. It's not about policies or platforms. It's just trump idolisation. They love him & trust him to 'save America' every bit as much as a Christian loves Jesus.

There is nothing we can do to dissuade them. They'll skip meals just to send him more money. Not talk to their children if they don't follow him. There'll be interesting studies on this in universities across the world.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Jim Jones Syndrome rearing it's ugly head again Shabs.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:59 pm Jim Jones Syndrome rearing it's ugly head again Shabs.
Off topic but I read this book a couple of years back about Jonestown. It actually covered the whole history of the bloke but had new information that was only recently released by the FBI or whoever.

Plus the authors parents had taken her to Central America in a similar type of place when she was a kid so her insight was top notch.