Eamonn Dolan RIP

A Forum in which to remember those KUMB members and other West Ham United family who have sadly left us.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Re: Eamonn Dolan RIP

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

My apologies for this late post - not sure where I was when Eamonn passed away but I missed this back in June - He was one of those honest footballers you don't see now in the modern game , it was a different time altogether , Eamonn missed our best ever season and by the time he made his debut we were on the decline , we were in turmoil , we still had some great players still in the squad but we did well to stay up that season - Eamonn Dolan played with a smile on his face and we all loved him for it .
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

Only just seen this!
What really sad news.

Remember the 5-0 game vs Sunderland so well and watching him celebrate right in front of me. Everyone was cracking up at how impromptu the celebrations were and you could feel the elation pouring out of him.

That's a game that will always live with me with some really special goals - and some excellent Irish jigging!

RIP Eamonn :crest:
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

He died a few months ago - the new Thai owner made the statement about the stand being named in his honour at his funeral, attended by over 500 people from all over the football world, from Tony Carr to his old chairman from Exeter City. He was an extremely well liked fella and was honest and put **** loads of hours into Reading - West Ham missed a trick there - he brought 38 players through into Reading's first team in his 12 years there ....
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Puts everything into prospective doesn’t it, RIP fella.
And don’t forget when you see someone collecting for this awful illness please put your hand in your pocket and donate.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Up the Junction wrote:Lovely picture.

bloody hellgaffer never seen this photo befor top darts rip Eamonn Dolan