Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Colours never run »

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:48 pm GSB to dodgy investors.., ‘you could make a bomb out of the Olympic Stadium’
Tune in at 8pm on Patreon for an explosive development down at West Ham from ExWHUemployee, for just £18.99 weekly subscription.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

jabbaglob123 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:32 pm Isn't the toxic waste rumour a load of guff?
The search facility (atop every page on KUMB) provides access to the web's largest repository of WHUFC-related news:

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=124796

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132948
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1153 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

DublinDave wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:42 pm From The Guardian 2010:
quote:

The government has spent £12.7m cleaning up a part of the Olympic site in east London that was "grossly contaminated" with toxic waste left behind under a chemical storage facility that was bulldozed to make way for the main stadium.
Explains why so much of our fan base has become toxic :P
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by likemydreams »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:50 am 60,000+ people turn up every home game. They have no reason to do anything of note to the stadium, irrespective of owning it.
i can see that number dropping dramatically in the coming ,months/seaons tbh i know so many ST holders who wont be renewing
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

likemydreams wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:55 am i can see that number dropping dramatically in the coming ,months/seaons tbh i know so many ST holders who wont be renewing
You will still get 60k every week if WHU stay in the Prem. They won't be 'traditional fans', but the tickets will still get sold. It is a decent day trip for the many millions of people who visit London each year. From overseas or the surrounding counties.

Those who can afford it will still buy season tickets and just sell them on for the games they can't be bothered to get to.

We have changed forever thanks mainly to Sullivan and Brady, and there is no going back. To be honest, the whole game has changed now.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Corporate seating is where they make the money, a slightly smaller capacity won't matter to them as just charge more for tickets
yakandyeti
Has liked: 425 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by yakandyeti »

likemydreams wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:55 am i can see that number dropping dramatically in the coming ,months/seaons tbh i know so many ST holders who wont be renewing
You hear the same thing every year, we may lose a few more this year as some that might have given up in the last year or two kept going for the European adventures. Even a good chunk who are saying they will give them up at the moment will change their mind when renewal time comes, but there's always a churn, very few people will keep a ST for life.
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Won't be dropping unless we get relegated, my cousin has been on the waiting list for a few seasons.

Would be interested to see if we don't sell out our season tickets considering we have such a substantial list
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

i'll be doing same .
WestSideBoy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by WestSideBoy »

Mullhull wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:26 pm Won't be dropping unless we get relegated, my cousin has been on the waiting list for a few seasons.

It's a myth, I joined after the Zagreb game last year (September) and was offered one in the summer, so after less than a year...
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

WestSideBoy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:09 pm It's a myth, I joined after the Zagreb game last year (September) and was offered one in the summer, so after less than a year...
It's not a myth it might depend on where you wanted yours mate.

Should of highlighted a bit more on substantial as I'm skeptical of Brady's claims, but there is a list, like I said my cousin is on it.
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Mullhull wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:33 pm

It's not a myth it might depend on where you wanted yours mate.

Should of highlighted a bit more on substantial as I'm skeptical of Brady's claims, but there is a list, like I said my cousin is on it.
Get your cousin to submit a GDPR request to find out what information the club hold, including where on the list he is. Funnily enough I happened to be at the top of the list and was offered a ticket after that...
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Speculation about rebuilding the stadium is absolutely pointless imho, as there is zero financial incentive for any owner from a business point of view for spending 100s of millions to do it. The best we can hope for is a few minor improvements to help ‘improve the match day experience’

We have to accept this, along with all the other changes to the game over the last few decades. The world has moved on.

For me, the key to making the stadium a success and an ‘acceptable’ place to be is what happens on the pitch. The games against Seville, Liverpool, Chelsea etc last season proved to me that the bowl really CAN be rocking, if the team are giving us something to get excited about. So the dream for me regarding a change in ownership is about decent investment in the team, rather than the stadium. It’s never going to be a ‘world class’ football stadium, but a world class team would make it acceptable.

I accept that might be seen as ‘selling my soul’, and I wouldn’t want those owners to be a dirty oil state, but we have to accept the reality of the game as it is now and the stadium we’ve got and make the best of it.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

OohAahButler wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:02 pm Speculation about rebuilding the stadium is absolutely pointless imho, as there is zero financial incentive for any owner from a business point of view for spending 100s of millions to do it. The best we can hope for is a few minor improvements to help ‘improve the match day experience’
Maybe, or maybe not. It totally depends who buys the club and what their long-term aims are.

If someone bought the stadium and was able to re-develop the entire footprint, to include not only a new purpose-built stadium but also significant commercial development (hotels, offices etc) then it might make some sense.

I saw it reported today that Barcelona's new stadium is going ahead. Projections are that in all (with commercial add-ons) it could bring in more than £300m annually. I know that's Barcelona so no direct comparison is sane, but there is still considerable commercial income potential on the OS site.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

It`s about having owners with a vision as opposed to the barrow boys running us like a market stall !

build hotel,. offices, conference facilities over a 10 year period and redevelop the bowl. take the top off and build from the lower tier up or just move the BB stand forward towards the west stand by 30 metres and fill in the ends and you have a 60k plus stadium with facilities to match.

owners with a vision for the club over the next 10 years.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

Can somebody give me some advice please?

Having given up my tickets I can now go after all.
So a friend of a friend is lending me his season ticket cards, as he can't go.
Trouble is they are not adult tickets (one OAP one under 18). My boy has a full beard and we don't fancy blagging it so I was going to take the ticket cards to the ticket office and upgrade them.

Is this something they will do, or will they refuse as the tickets are not in our name?
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Coops wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:00 pm Can somebody give me some advice please?

Having given up my tickets I can now go after all.
So a friend of a friend is lending me his season ticket cards, as he can't go.
Trouble is they are not adult tickets (one OAP one under 18). My boy has a full beard and we don't fancy blagging it so I was going to take the ticket cards to the ticket office and upgrade them.

Is this something they will do, or will they refuse as the tickets are not in our name?
My ticket is OAP and we take my 2 young grandsons,when we go through the entry lights are always green.
There is no indication to the stewards you are using a concession ticket.
rainhamtown
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by rainhamtown »

Not sure you need the knock the whole thing down. I think they could knock one side down and move the pitch over and build a new stand on that side. New owners may be up for that?
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

Oldun wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:20 pm My ticket is OAP and we take my 2 young grandsons,when we go through the entry lights are always green.
There is no indication to the stewards you are using a concession ticket.
I thought it made a different buzzing noise for concession tickets?
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Coops wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:00 pm I thought it made a different buzzing noise for concession tickets?
I can only talk about ours and there is no difference,perhaps others have noticed anything different.