Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Red Kens Slave

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Manager attempts to drum up a positive feeling and promote continued good atmosphere at home games ahead of a tough game.

West Ham supporter reaction is to slag him off on the morning of the game.

I despair at this site at times.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

All legit queries though RKS. Dont despair.....

MP is donly doing what has been required by employees of all sorts of business's though.... Talk it up.

The punters will ultimately decide if they like the place where our owners have dragged us wont they.
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Its not legit.

The poster pondered “did he [Pellegrini] just say a better atmosphere at the LS than the Boleyn?”

No, he clearly didn’t and he didn’t even imply as such.

The manager is talking up the football club and praising the impact supporters have had in home games because they are focused on supporting the team during the game.

How is it legit to slag a manager off for that and would he be praised if he said the stadium is **** and West Ham are a club not big enough for a 60k stadium?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

60,000 fans and half are 'tourists'? Do me a favour.

Our fanbase is ****ing huge. They'll be a portion of tourists as there would be anywhere but nowhere near filling half the ground. The capacity and reasonable prices for many genuine Hammers fans is one of the few good things to come out of the move. Like today, I'll look around me and think f*** me it's a lovely sight to see so many amongst us who support our Club and it's just another League game, no special occasion yet so many turn out. It's great to see.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Stand by what I said 100% .... although I accept 50% tourists is over the top ...

Posting on a fans website is not going to impact team morale ... seriously?

The performance today was that off a bunch off overpaid tossers putting in 50% effort for a club it appears none of them care about. What good are arse licking speeches from the manager that attempt to make the owners look good to the fans, when his players clearly can't don't give a f***.

This is the same bull**** we've had to put up with for three years, the manager should focus on the team not on the the PR.

I have no problem with a manger putting in the 'rallying call' but why does that have to involve being a mouth piece for the owners? Pellegrini needs to focus on his job, needs to talk up the players, needs to create some sort of consistency ... he does not need to tell me what I should think about the Boleyn, the move, the LS atmosphere, or how I should appreciate GSB be for all off the above ... because that's just never going to happen. .

For me over the last three years there's no 'light at the end of the tunnel' all I can is season more of the same mediocrity, moving to the 'next level' you're having a laugh. Now I'm not pretending it was ever any different at the Boleyn, but somehow it just felt like it was.

We are stuck with the LS and we will live with it, but you Pellegrini don't have to keep spinning me that it's somehow a fantastic footballing venue and that I should be grateful to GSB for giving it to me ... because for me that just isn't true.
Last edited by IronworksDave on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Colours never run wrote:60,000 fans and half are 'tourists'? Do me a favour.

Our fanbase is ****ing huge. They'll be a portion of tourists as there would be anywhere but nowhere near filling half the ground. The capacity and reasonable prices for many genuine Hammers fans is one of the few good things to come out of the move. Like today, I'll look around me and think **** me it's a lovely sight to see so many amongst us who support our Club and it's just another League game, no special occasion yet so many turn out. It's great to see.
For once CNR I thoroughly agree with you.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

IronworksDave wrote:We are stuck with the LS and we will live with it, but you Pellegrini don't have to keep spinning me that it's somehow a fantastic footballing venue and that I should be grateful to GSB for giving it to me ... because for me that just isn't true.
:thup: Dave.
Utter BS, that Standard piece. Written by someone called Jack Rosser. Surely a typo, there?
It could have been written by Jack Sullivan, it was so biased & out of touch with reality.
If Pelboy really said those things, I'm surprised at him. Who is he trying to kid?
It also really stinks of someone else's PR spin..
Still, at least the 'Big Club Mentality', turned up for the match, even if the players didn't.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Samba wrote: :thup: Dave.
Utter BS, that Standard piece. Written by someone called Jack Rosser. Surely a typo, there?
It could have been written by Jack Sullivan, it was so biased & out of touch with reality.
If Pelboy really said those things, I'm surprised at him. Who is he trying to kid?
It also really stinks of someone else's PR spin..
Still, at least the 'Big Club Mentality', turned up for the match, even if the players didn't.
Make you right ... i was so pissed off with the **** show yesterday probably went all in on Pelboy when I should have know that it's the queen bitch probably pulling the strings.

Looks like yet another manager being undermined by the PR machine so the fans aren't that bothered when he leaves, we've seen it all before.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

for most west ham fans the LS will never be home. GSB are shysters who have destroyed the soul of our club and only ave one aim, to make money for themselves by keeping us in the premier league. we will never win anything.

are we any better than under fat sam in his first 2 years |? no.
if pelle is now the clubs mouthpiece then the writing is on the wall. no summer spend and a dismal season ahead with pelle going after xmas !

doom and gloom with me after that crap yesterday.

to sum up the LS - the ribman who likes to bang his leg to get support going was warned not to and watched by numerous stewards throughout the match. Home ground no way its an enetertainment venue that puts different events on. it was west ham yesterday, rugby the week before.
we have no home and no soul

May 2016 - WHU RIP
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

HM11

You serious about Ribman, that's a ****ing disgrace
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

he posted it on his twitter page. he has had warning letters about damaging the stadium when he bangs his metal leg !
Andy.C

Post by Andy.C »

So pissed off yesterday didn't even bother going for a beer at half time, so stayed in seat. The fitness trainer took Antionio and Chico onto the pitch to warm up, then tried to have shots at the goal. Some stupid grounds man was padding the grass down in the goal mouth and would not stop or at least move for a minute. The fitness coach littlerly shoved him out of the way after a bit of a row, after the players went in to get changed he had a further words with another couple of groundsmen. Did anyone else see this, even the grounds men hate us, are they employed by the stadium ?
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Tbf he’s also posted a photo of the area in front of his seat (rather than the floor) and it looks completely battered. No wonder they have asked him to pack it in.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Hope the ribman ain’t near me - that scaffolding might not take it.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Wasn’t the new claret carpet meant to be in for yesterday?

They can’t do anything :lol:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I’m in Liverpool having a lot of conversations about the 2 Clubs, similarities on the pitch and differences off it.

They are specifically using our move as a template of how not to do things. Unlike us they have a very impressive woman steering things.

Compare this to what we got -

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/3 ... n-feedback" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I showed them our poll and they were amazed we took it.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Ozza wrote:HM11

You serious about Ribman, that's a ****ing disgrace
Well its not really, you cant go whacking things with lumps of metal. Quite disgusting that people think that its acceptable.
Eastlondonboy
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Eastlondonboy »

Andy.C wrote:So pissed off yesterday didn't even bother going for a beer at half time, so stayed in seat. The fitness trainer took Antionio and Chico onto the pitch to warm up, then tried to have shots at the goal. Some stupid grounds man was padding the grass down in the goal mouth and would not stop or at least move for a minute. The fitness coach littlerly shoved him out of the way after a bit of a row, after the players went in to get changed he had a further words with another couple of groundsmen. Did anyone else see this, even the grounds men hate us, are they employed by the stadium ?
I saw this too the coach was proper wound up about it I thought he was gonna clump him one why didn’t he just get out of the way for a few minutes?.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

hammerman11 wrote:he posted it on his twitter page. he has had warning letters about damaging the stadium when he bangs his metal leg !
Ribman? I'm gonna call him f**king Ironman, from now on..
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 768 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

the ribman clang is literally the only good innovation that stadium has made.