Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Longneck'd Iron

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

I can't even support Kane in an England shirt, so like I'm gonna wet myself over their new stadium!! Get a grip! :asleep:
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

My wife's perspective on her first visit to The Olympic Stadium for the Stones the other night.

Nice and bright and modern.
Seats and view are good (Block 133 for football/Block 235 for the Stones)
Plenty of toilets - good
Food and Drink - expensive but decent choice
Liked the Stone in Champions Place she bought me with the family.
Liked the surroundings.

Left the best till last and I quote -
'F*** that walk back to Stratford Station every time' - She'll stick to the odd concert :)
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

I know for a fact that “it just worked first time”line about their retractable pitch is absolute horse *****.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Longneck'd Iron wrote:I can't even support Kane in an England shirt, so like I'm gonna wet myself over their new stadium!! Get a grip! :asleep:
You and me both. Best bit is the price they'll have to pay for tickets just to **** themselves silly over it. I know plenty of their fans are livid at the cost of going and they ain't gone yet!
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 875 likes

Post by mushy »

goa127 wrote:, there's certainly no way we'd have ever been able to finance anything like that (or even a tenth of it!)
Why not?
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

The "most successful stadium migration" claim is likely to go to Spurs. Ive been talking to a pal who has had with his wife and son, 3 STs there for years.

All ST holders were prioritised on their attendance over the past 12 years. Every game was given a points ranking eg Man U home was worth 1 point, Wigan away 6. Allocation phases were then scheduled with those with the most points being allowed to pick their specific seats first from an on-line 360 degrees stadium seating plan. No "plus2" queue jumping or traipsing to the centre in Westfield. He's happy and he suspects everyone else is because it's been totally fair.

That, Ms Brady is how it should been done.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

Westbourne Bill wrote:The "most successful stadium migration" claim is likely to go to Spurs. Ive been talking to a pal who has had with his wife and son, 3 STs there for years.

All ST holders were prioritised on their attendance over the past 12 years. Every game was given a points ranking eg Man U home was worth 1 point, Wigan away 6. Allocation phases were then scheduled with those with the most points being allowed to pick their specific seats first from an on-line 360 degrees stadium seating plan. No "plus2" queue jumping or traipsing to the centre in Westfield. He's happy and he suspects everyone else is because it's been totally fair.

That, Ms Brady is how it should been done.
This is true.... However, have you seen the prices? :lol:
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

I only know he's paying about £50 more than my band 1 ST is priced at. His is in line with the goal area - mine in row 46 is much further from the pitch even if its nearer the halfway line.

That's one of the reasons Im it giving it up. My "migration" and for others with me was so flawed, we went from the front 2 rows of the Alpari to (in the first season) row 56. Thats the equilavent of 20 rows further back,
Last edited by Westbourne Bill on Fri May 25, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I predict issues with fans standing/sitting in their new Kop stand.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/an ... ge-250518/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hard to deny spurs appear light years ahead of not just us but everyone in terms of facilities and infrastructure. Place is better than a 5 star gaff ridiculous.
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

f*** off going on about ****ing Spurs and how ****ing great they ****ing are!
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 522 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

bubbles500 wrote:http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/an ... ge-250518/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hard to deny spurs appear light years ahead of not just us but everyone in terms of facilities and infrastructure. Place is better than a 5 star gaff ridiculous.
Christ on a bike. Might as well pack up our gaff and go home. :lol:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

bubbles500 wrote:http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/an ... ge-250518/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The board spent a lot on Rush Green a lot by their standards of spending

didn't brady reckoned they were worried we'd get the pisshole

Shows our board up even more they're in it for one thing £££

Which is strange as they're not young and not exactly skint but tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm

Anyway looking forward to spurs away next season, tick a new stadium off the list
GreenIron
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by GreenIron »

goa127 wrote:, there's certainly no way we'd have ever been able to finance anything like that (or even a tenth of it!)
mushy wrote:Why not?
Er, how about ... total ****ing incompetence?
goa127
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

wildkard wrote:**** off going on about ****ing Spurs and how ****ing great they ****ing are!

Definitely. There must be a forum where praising spurs is the aim. Please use it :)
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4276 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Truth hurts I guess.

Most of the Tottenham comments in here are about their new stadium. Considering they are a hated rival of ours and we also have a new stadium, I think it’s important to make comparisons, even if they inevitably point out that our stadium is a construction site unfit for football and their stadium is likely to be one of the better football stadiums in Europe.

But hey... it’s still in a ****hole right? That makes it all better.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 875 likes

Post by mushy »

GreenIron wrote:
Er, how about ... total ****ing incompetence?
I will give you incompetence, but there isn't any real reason why we coudnt have had the same finance as them. And I don't mean Sully putting his hand in his pockets.
Our ambitions lay at making a quick buck rather then a long term future for the club.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4276 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

mushy wrote: I will give you incompetence, but there isn't any real reason why we coudnt have had the same finance as them. And I don't mean Sully putting his hand in his pockets.
Our ambitions lay at making a quick buck rather then a long term future for the club.
If I had to pick one thing I despise most about the owners and what they’ve done to us, it’s that they’ve warranted the p**** tag we get.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

costa75 wrote:
Your boss is talking b*****ks....... The reason he couldn't see is because he had s**t tickets. If you buy s**t tickets for a stadium gig, that's what you get, whether it's The LS, Twickenham or Wembley. Same applies with regards to getting back to the station.

Tell him not to be so tight-fisted in future.....

I wasn't tight, and because of that I had a great view of The Stones perform a great gig. :scarfer:

I remember years back I was in Wembley Arena to see Stevie Wonder when he started singing and I said to my gf that you wouldn't know he was on stage and literally a moment later they actually led him out. And what size is that place compared to the OS.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Ben wrote:I can see the spurs stadium having problems in terms of the retractable pitch, just purely because it hasn't been done before has it?
I would have thought it made sense to wheel in the astro turf rather than the other way around but what do I know?

will the grass grow okay on that sliding base? will the seams be noticeable when playing on it?

can't argue it's going to look great though
For American Football it's a big advantage to be lower as they have so many team associates alongside the pitch one of the reasons the OS would be hopeless with obscured views added to the distance we already suffer.