Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Thanks for this! I've searched a few times before games for ages and couldn't find it.

There are multiple walls in each stand though aren't there? BML for example has two near me if I remember right.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Prob wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:02 pm Being at the stadium today, all the staff are very confident that Sullivan is selling up soon and that Daniel Křetínský is buying both the club and the stadium

They think it will cost him £400million for the stadium alone
I popped this over here.

I think £400m maybe about right for taking over the lease and naming rights for the remaining 93 years.

It won’t be ‘buying the stadium’ as the freehold will remain in Govt hands or it goes to tender.

Given the maintenance etc there will need to be some quid pro quos, but Kretinsky owning the club and the lease with naming rights and without athletics is probably the best and most realistic future.

Not sure how it would physically change the stadium. Permanent safe standing ends, permanent branding, fan park etc is the way to go.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:02 am Thanks for this! I've searched a few times before games for ages and couldn't find it.

There are multiple walls in each stand though aren't there? BML for example has two near me if I remember right.
Yeah, no idea how to ascertain which is which. Luckily me and my dad are on the same one and his name is sitting directly on top of the F of Founder so it was pretty painless.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:09 am I popped this over here.

I think £400m maybe about right for taking over the lease and naming rights for the remaining 93 years.

It won’t be ‘buying the stadium’ as the freehold will remain in Govt hands or it goes to tender.

Given the maintenance etc there will need to be some quid pro quos, but Kretinsky owning the club and the lease with naming rights and without athletics is probably the best and most realistic future.

Not sure how it would physically change the stadium. Permanent safe standing ends, permanent branding, fan park etc is the way to go.
Interesting info.

It does feel like a best case scenario to have Kretinsky be the knight in shining armour who actually 'buys' the stadium as well and makes some sort of an effort to make it a football ground.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Prob posted it on the GSB thread Aztec.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ga ... n-pictures

The stadium has its problems but changing room and showers look adequate to me. Rush Greens are not too shabby but I still think we need a new training centre.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by danm79 »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:09 am I popped this over here.

Prob info is definitely on the right lines but is part of a jigsaw DK is putting together.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

jabbaglob123 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:23 pm Interesting article I came across regarding the LS.

https://www.onlondon.co.uk/olympic-park ... this-year/

It's an absolute joke that 7 years on since we moved there, we still haven't secured any naming rights.
We actually got offered the opportunity to do it, at a cost of about 2 million I believe. But we turned it down.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:43 am https://www.theguardian.com/football/ga ... n-pictures

The stadium has its problems but changing room and showers look adequate to me. Rush Greens are not too shabby but I still think we need a new training centre.
The state of that changing room compared to other modern stadiums. :crylol:
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:17 pm The state of that changing room compared to other modern stadiums. :crylol:
Man City's is similar to ours and Liverpool. In fact most are.

Chelsea had to upgrade theirs.

Unless I'm missing something. You'll have to show us
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Mullhull wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:33 am Man City's is similar to ours and Liverpool. In fact most are.

Chelsea had to upgrade theirs.

Unless I'm missing something. You'll have to show us
Sure thing.

The pride of East London:
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/0ecf179d ... b54e90219e

Man City:
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/ab090150 ... r=1&s=none

Arsenal:
https://static.standard.co.uk/2021/10/1 ... ?width=990

Spurs:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 1219132310

Brighton:
https://gcucareers.files.wordpress.com/ ... 6i3663.jpg

Personally, I think ours looks cramped and undersized given how new (and huge) the stadium is.
bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard »

Oh they've got some extra LED straps on the ceiling. Wow.

I dont know how our players sleep knowing they have to use that cess pit of a changing room.....
Col Hammer
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Col Hammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:53 am Sure thing.

The pride of East London:
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/0ecf179d ... b54e90219e

Personally, I think ours looks cramped and undersized given how new (and huge) the stadium is.
Thanks for posting them up, have to add on the photo of ours that isn't all of it
After doing the tour, there is a bit more on where the photo is taken from which makes it even feel more disjointed!
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

bonzosbeard wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:57 am Oh they've got some extra LED straps on the ceiling. Wow.

I dont know how our players sleep knowing they have to use that cess pit of a changing room.....
There's nothing wrong with our changing room 😂 it just doesn't look as snazzy or have padded seats...

People, even our own fans just enjoy ****ting on the club.

Literally don't understand it.

Upton Park's changing rooms were worst yet people long to go back to that
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Mullhull wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:04 pm People, even our own fans just enjoy ****ting on the club.

Firstly, I'm not ****ting on the club. It's not the club's fault the changing room is small and apparently disjointed, they don't own the stadium they play in.

Secondly, I don't think I've ever seen or heard anyone say: "I wish we could use the Upton Park changing rooms again".

This is a thread about the stadium. I compared the changing rooms in the stadium, with those around the league. 100% agree ours looks like many other teams in the league, like Bournemouth, or Brentford, or Fulham. But they don't play in 62,000 Olympic stadiums.
bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard »

Mullhull wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:04 pm There's nothing wrong with our changing room 😂 it just doesn't look as snazzy or have padded seats...

People, even our own fans just enjoy ****ting on the club.

Totally agree, fantastic training and medical area, plunge bath and showers. It's a game of football they're playing not a boutique hotel.
bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard »

I do think a better looking training ground possibly outside M25 would be good.
Billbobtrev
Has liked: 186 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Billbobtrev »

I remember listening to ex employee on phoenix FM a few years ago saying the other clubs in London are envious of the rush green site due to the sheer size of it . But as usual with GSB they haven't invested anywhere near enough on it . The state of st Andrews tells you all you need to know about their attitude to facilities.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

We should just use the stadium as the training ground.

Whenever I see pictures of us training on social channels, it reminds me of my old school field. Even the ground looks uneven.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Having done the stadium tour the changing room and facilities looked pretty decent to me. Contrary to the photo it's all pretty spacious. Admitedly we haven't got any purple lights, I'm sure that upsets players no end. It seems like another attempt to attack anything the club is involved in It'll be the quality of the shirts next