Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Georgee Paris »

It was only a couple of games ago me and my mates were stood in the cold wet windy outside bit of the ground at half time looking up at the steel girders and commenting on how shoddy and dirty and dated it’s already looking. But yeah we are also worried about Rice leaving but we’ve got about as much control of his future as we have in the improvements of the match day experience and stadium.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Georgee Paris wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:51 pm It was only a couple of games ago me and my mates were stood in the cold wet windy outside bit of the ground at half time looking up at the steel girders and commenting on how shoddy and dirty and dated it’s already looking. But yeah we are also worried about Rice leaving but we’ve got about as much control of his future as we have in the improvements of the match day experience and stadium.
Funny you say that as I walked out on Sunday I had the exact same thought
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Said to my mate on Sunday that roofs gonna need replacing soon. Water still pours in on through the roof at the rear of 130 by the bar.

Needs a lot of money spent on it still.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Maybe worth pointing out that according to the same club media, there was never a problem in the first place. It was the most successful migration since the wildebeest came into being.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2896 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Jayne Quinton speaks with ****ed tongue.
E13 Forever
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by E13 Forever »

Biggest load of delluded @@@@ Ive ever read.
Some flashing lights and a dj and that makes us all forget about the fact its still an atheltics ground with a carpet.
Not the world class stadium we was promised when they sold the Boleyn ground is it.
As for being more concerned that we keep Rice and other players we would find that easier if we had a proper football ground and a proper squad that would of been big and deep enough to get us through a hard season and not come up short again.
Still not won a trophy in 42 years.
Missed out on Champions league last year by 2 points
Never got the players in that we needed in the summer
Got no players in the winter.
Will probably only get Conference cup this time round.
Not the kind of thing that you would want if you really wanted to make sure Rice stays and new quality players join up is it.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2896 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Hammer.CA wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:52 pm Jayne Quinton speaks with ****ed tongue.
Since when was fork classed as a swear word?
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

So as far as they are concerned, they judge the whole situation by the reaction they see on social media? Conveniently forgetting the many thousands who don't do Twitter, Insta and all that ****.

We've effectively been disenfranchised as far as the club taking account of our views.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Sadly I seen more thuggery from so called fans against other fans in the last few games I've been too, than in 10yrs at the old gaff,
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

This is the club saying there is no need for them to spend any money on the stadium, apart from a reconfiguration here and there that puts people in higher banded seats.
The rocking DJ was ok for one match but soon lost its allure and turned really cheesy.
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Has anyone got the contact details for the head of the Supporters liaison group. Was her name Rebecca Harris or have i completely made that up?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

This will likely cause some fuss but I'm broadly behind it. Not sure if they're talking about anything ambitious enough to get me to swap ends but fair play to them for trying :newthumb:

No reason there can't be room for groups like this trying to make the best of a bad situation and others trying to pressure the owners as well.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

I stopped reading at ‘flags’
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

Was that written by someone called Nigel?
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1093 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:09 pm This will likely cause some fuss but I'm broadly behind it. Not sure if they're talking about anything ambitious enough to get me to swap ends but fair play to them for trying :newthumb:
Sadly this will be laughed off by those that complain about the atmosphere but do nothing about it themselves. I too am broadly for it, with slight differences on opinions on some things, as is normal.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Doc H Ball wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:29 pm I stopped reading at ‘flags’
Pinky v Doc :shock:

Someone call Eddie Hearn, this one needs to be on PPV.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

Er, I jump up and down, sing and shout out a lot.

I don’t want anything to do with anything else ta.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1093 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Doc H Ball wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:45 pm Er, I jump up and down, sing and shout out a lot.

I don’t want anything to do with anything else ta.
Then you should be behind someone trying to improve the atmosphere, I am assuming you are perfectly fine with the atmosphere if thats your take?

I'm not really a fan of flag waving either, but if you willing to just completely denounce a project to improve the atmosphere because they mentioned flags, seems like you don't think theres a problem or care about improving it.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

BigFatSam wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:42 pm Sadly this will be laughed off by those that complain about the atmosphere but do nothing about it themselves. I too am broadly for it, with slight differences on opinions on some things, as is normal.
We all know where the more lively, noisy areas are developing. People are gravitating there and although it's taken years the zones like Chav Corner and the BML will re-form. A couple of my mates have moved to the BML and love it. Personally, I'm happy where I am. I still make a noise.

The atmosphere in the stadium is quite good for a few games where something is at stake. That, unfortunately, is just like the last few seasons at UP.

The stadium needs reconfiguring for sure, but the real solution is with us - we need to create the atmosphere but I'm not sure that more flags and inflatables is the long-term solution.
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 269 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

That article in the FC business magazine (whatever that is) is the biggest pile of poo.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

Thinking that a DJ with a few tunes and the volume turned up has improved the move to the stadium is self deluding. This will have very little affect on the atmosphere during the game.