Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Whitters »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:02 am Thanks for this! I've searched a few times before games for ages and couldn't find it.

There are multiple walls in each stand though aren't there? BML for example has two near me if I remember right.
If you're on the one in the link for the BML (I am), the wall is somewhere around block 145/6 or so
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

RichieRiv wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:05 am Isn't that the point - its not supposed to be easy.

Anyway I found mine, with a pint at half time at around about the 2nd game in. As did my pals.
Couldn't find mine after looking a few times in the first season. Gave up. Recently learned that there's a searchable PDF available on the club site and West Ham app, so found mine, my kids and my brother in about five minutes last time I was there.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

goa127 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:49 pm It seems like another attempt to attack anything the club is involved in
:crylol: Yep, that's it. You've caught me.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:12 pm Firstly, I'm not ****ting on the club. It's not the club's fault the changing room is small and apparently disjointed, they don't own the stadium they play in.

Secondly, I don't think I've ever seen or heard anyone say: "I wish we could use the Upton Park changing rooms again".

This is a thread about the stadium. I compared the changing rooms in the stadium, with those around the league. 100% agree ours looks like many other teams in the league, like Bournemouth, or Brentford, or Fulham. But they don't play in 62,000 Olympic stadiums.
Don't let Sullivan and Brady off that easily.

If you think basic stuff like that is ****/substandard then it is very much down to the deal the club negotiated for the lease. I'm sure the other parties involved in the stadium would have no issue with West Ham offering to pay whatever it took to install the two best sets of dressing rooms in the country. All comes down to Sullivan and Brady not seeing value in it for themselves.
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:12 pm Firstly, I'm not ****ting on the club. It's not the club's fault the changing room is small and apparently disjointed, they don't own the stadium they play in.

Secondly, I don't think I've ever seen or heard anyone say: "I wish we could use the Upton Park changing rooms again".

This is a thread about the stadium. I compared the changing rooms in the stadium, with those around the league. 100% agree ours looks like many other teams in the league, like Bournemouth, or Brentford, or Fulham. But they don't play in 62,000 Olympic stadiums.
You've not even been in there? No? You literally came on this thread to **** on the club for it's changing rooms. The changing rooms are fine. There is nothing wrong with them.
Aztec Hammer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:44 pm We should just use the stadium as the training ground.

Whenever I see pictures of us training on social channels, it reminds me of my old school field. Even the ground looks uneven.
Rush Green pitches are actually good and well maintained, Chadwell Heath was awful.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

We played a game against someone once where the dressing rooms were so bad the team changed in the bus and then got turned over for being above themselves. Can’t remember who it was though.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:35 pm We played a game against someone once where the dressing rooms were so bad the team changed in the bus and then got turned over for being above themselves. Can’t remember who it was though.
Rotherhams old ground first game in championship I think when relegated under Roeder.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Mullhull wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:31 pm You've not even been in there? No? You literally came on this thread to **** on the club for it's changing rooms. The changing rooms are fine. There is nothing wrong with them.
My apologies, I didn't realise you've been inside all the Premier League changing rooms and have been able to suitably review the benefits of each to their respective teams.

I cede to your knowledge on the subject.

Again though, nothing against West Ham here, it is the home dressing room of a stadium we rent and I compared it to some of the more visually impressive in the league - you know, the ones with things like padded seats. But you crack on getting wound up about it.

They're all nothing compared to changing rooms in the NFL anyway :arry:
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Padded seats...Oh the luxury!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

goa127 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:50 pm Padded seats...Oh the luxury!
You say that mate, but if you've seen the data, statistically clubs who have padded seating in their changing rooms suffer 75% fewer glute and upper hamstring strains and tears.

You make the money back in player availability 10x over.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:54 am This is old news now but if anyone is unaware/has been unable to find a name on those walls, you can check the location on these online versions...

https://www.whufc.com/es/node/230

*that's obviously based on where your ST was in the first season.
That is absolutely brilliant. I have been searching without success for 7 years!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1039 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think if they want a quick fix remedy to improve the atmosphere and get the crowd behind the team - properly they should remove the wall between 113 and the fans. Could really give the place a lift.
goa127

Post by goa127 »

Georgee Paris wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:50 pm I think if they want a quick fix remedy to improve the atmosphere and get the crowd behind the team - properly they should remove the wall between 113 and the fans. Could really give the place a lift.
I don't have an opinion on the wall one way or another, but how can it make a material difference to the atmosphere? It literally only affects people in 113. Are you suggesting 113 are so loud you'd make me in 235 stand up and sing. (not much would)
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:54 am This is old news now but if anyone is unaware/has been unable to find a name on those walls, you can check the location on these online versions...

Wow, just seen my name is next to Robert Moore, the man tattooed on my arm.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1039 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

goa127 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:06 pm I don't have an opinion on the wall one way or another, but how can it make a material difference to the atmosphere? It literally only affects people in 113. Are you suggesting 113 are so loud you'd make me in 235 stand up and sing. (not much would)
It used to generate the atmosphere… or what little of it there was in that part of the ground. It was the part of the ground the away support engaged with. Now it’s just one way traffic. There’s no 12 man at all. Just the away support getting behind their team.
I’m presuming as you have suggested little or nothing would get you up and singing so it’s probably irrelevant to you.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Thanks for that, my son and I had a couple of searches in the first season at the LS without finding our names and then had a another look last season. Not easy to find and our names are nowhere near each other, so I assume the order is completely random.
goa127

Post by goa127 »

Georgee Paris wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:36 pm It used to generate the atmosphere… or what little of it there was in that part of the ground. It was the part of the ground the away support engaged with. Now it’s just one way traffic. There’s no 12 man at all. Just the away support getting behind their team.
I’m presuming as you have suggested little or nothing would get you up and singing so it’s probably irrelevant to you.
I was being ironic as I'm now 71. My real point is I never noticed it up in 235. The atmosphere at west ham depends entirely on the football unlike many teams. Thank god we don't have to suffer those idiots at palace who jump up and down despite their team not having a shot on target!
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

That was interesting/entertaining.

Both sides digging their heels in, but both well aware of the situation and what's possible.
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

It sounds as though they may be open to somebody coming in and buying the stadium. Which makes the dream of us owning our own home at some point in the future a possibility.