Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Hamburger »

Copa90 reviewed all 92 league clubs for matchday experience. They ranked each club in four different sections - the stadium's soul, home support, matchday menu and eccentricity - and gave a rating out of five for each one. London Stadium came 85th and that didn't include the disquiet from ST holders being re-banded, moved and split up.

So much for the press bllsht they spew out about how fans are settling in to the 'World Class' stadium and are happy. :shocker:

Jayne Quinton (Press Office?) recently wrote - "Our priority has always been to give our fans the best night of their lives - and that's what we have done. We know we have done our job when the amount of stuff on social media is so happy. The fans appear to have accepted that the stadium is now their home, it's not a conversation piece any more."
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Arch Dandy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:01 pm Why only football? Cocaine is at every other sporting event, gig or gathering of more than 10 people, take everyone's passport if you want to do it
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, the problem is far worse at football than anywhere else at the moment IMHO

As someone who has partaken occasionally over the years I just don't get the desire/need/urge to do it at football. Baffles me
WoodvaleOne
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by WoodvaleOne »

Hamburger wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:26 am Copa90 reviewed all 92 league clubs for matchday experience. They ranked each club in four different sections - the stadium's soul, home support, matchday menu and eccentricity - and gave a rating out of five for each one. London Stadium came 85th and that didn't include the disquiet from ST holders being re-banded, moved and split up.

So much for the press bllsht they spew out about how fans are settling in to the 'World Class' stadium and are happy. :shocker:

Jayne Quinton (Press Office?) recently wrote - "Our priority has always been to give our fans the best night of their lives - and that's what we have done. We know we have done our job when the amount of stuff on social media is so happy. The fans appear to have accepted that the stadium is now their home, it's not a conversation piece any more."
I would like to think that maybe just one member of the Supporters Advisory Group (or whatever they're called this week) would raise these findings at the next tea and biscuits meeting.
I won't hold my breath.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:02 pm I’m really not sure that alcohol is the main driver anymore.
It is a factor but the sniff has been ever increasing.
re Gove - the fact that one's legal and the other isn't might have had a bearing too, no?
Resident
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Resident »

Cocaine was used more in the 80s. Nothing new.

Fact most of the hooligans left football for the drug and rave scene is what stopped the violence from about 88.

Football matches are far safer than a night out in town and city centres on a weekend and more behaved to be honest.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Resident wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 am Cocaine was used more in the 80s.
Nah, don't believe that for a minute. It's so widespread now, many people you would never believe touch the stuff are now also at it.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Resident wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 am Cocaine was used more in the 80s. Nothing new.
Na otherwise I'd have tried it back then
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Resident wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 am Cocaine was used more in the 80s. Nothing new.

Fact most of the hooligans left football for the drug and rave scene is what stopped the violence from about 88.

Football matches are far safer than a night out in town and city centres on a weekend and more behaved to be honest.
Not the European games.

Some absolute scummy ****ers come to those.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:26 pm Not the European games.

Some absolute scummy ****ers come to those.
Yup, I’m pretty sure I’ve decided that I’ll steer club of the early home cup games next year.

Lost count of the amount of fights, dickheads and paralytic twats stumbling around the stadium.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Hamburger wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:26 am Copa90 reviewed all 92 league clubs for matchday experience. They ranked each club in four different sections - the stadium's soul, home support, matchday menu and eccentricity - and gave a rating out of five for each one. London Stadium came 85th and that didn't include the disquiet from ST holders being re-banded, moved and split up.

These are the findings of just one person that visited all 92 clubs and that's only his opinion. He gave us the same score as Brighton. He put Crystal Palace in first place - clearly he didn't consider supporter safety in his criteria.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fan-visits-all-92-stadiums-in-england-and-grades-them-20220519
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

No way was bugle more prevalent in the 80s than now. Not a chance
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Nah, it was wizz back then. Used to only be younger ones though but now even the old 'uns are on the party powder.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Wembley1966 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:04 pm These are the findings of just one person that visited all 92 clubs and that's only his opinion. He gave us the same score as Brighton. He put Crystal Palace in first place - clearly he didn't consider supporter safety in his criteria.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fan-visits-all-92-stadiums-in-england-and-grades-them-20220519
This really shows how opinion is personal. You've also got to be a real football fanatic to undertake this trip. I rarely visit away grounds these days (I never was a great traveller for football) but Palace is a complete dive. And the endless chanting? More annoying than atmospheric. In the days of standing I used to judge grounds on whether I could see properly (only 5'7") and nowhere beat the back of the chicken run. In fact I remember going away to QPR and Arsenal and shelling out for seats so that I could actually see the game. went to portsmouth about 10 years ago. Palace in minature but people call it 'atmospheric'.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Resident wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 am Fact most of the hooligans left football for the drug and rave scene is what stopped the violence from about 88.
Well, that and Thatcher's determination to lock them all up...
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:19 pm Well, that and Thatcher's determination to lock them all up...
You say that like it's a bad thing.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:19 pm Well, that and Thatcher's determination to lock them all up...
Whilst i disliked Thatcher and many of her actions, you can't help admiring the fact she wasn't Brois Johnson.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:50 pm You say that like it's a bad thing.
The determination to lock people up led to Operation Full-time, which should have been renamed Operation Own Goal.
Police lies and corruption at the forefront following direct pressure from above. There should have been a public enquiry into this debacle but it' was just scummy football fans involved so of course there wasn't.
daytimedave
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by daytimedave »

work has begun behind the goals

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

daytimedave wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:42 pm work has begun behind the goals
I did wonder if the work would start before that game. :chin:

Surprised there’s more going on behind the goals too. Thought it was all the sides now.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:48 pm I did wonder if the work would start before that game. :chin:

Surprised there’s more going on behind the goals too. Thought it was all the sides now.
The scaffolding is coming down for the concerts this summer.