Jack Howard (Kent)

A Forum in which to remember those KUMB members and other West Ham United family who have sadly left us.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Jack Howard (Kent)

Post by hornsey »

With all the millions flying around the club
I see they have donated 5k..are the players aware of this boy yet?
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

West Ham have donated £5k, what a load of c****.

I'd tell them to shove it up their arse, ****ing shameless.
Super_Paolo

Post by Super_Paolo »

Hmmm, it'll raise awareness I guess... at least they picked it up and donated something.

But such a measly amount - think what the clubs outgoings must be this week alone.
£50k wouldn't have even made a dent.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

I think the club have done a great thing with the donation and the awareness (the money went up about 3k since the article and their 5k hasn't hit yet)

Sadly this isn't the only young kid suffering with this sickening disease and if the club paid it all or £50k even £100k then where do they draw the line for the next child who needs help? they wouldn't be able to ... I am not defending the £5k but I do think they are in a lose lose situation .. at least this way they have contributed and raised awareness and we all hope that young Jack gets the treatment he needs asap
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

I just checked the money is up over £44k it was £33k an hour ago...

Would appear that David Sullivan also pledged £5k and the club did the same .. fair play
BromleyHammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by BromleyHammer »

could someone tweet the players, and anyone else who is in the public domain i.e. West Ham supporting celebs. I agree that the club has to set a limit with donations otherwise it becomes something that can not be sustained.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Could really use someone as selfless as this fella:

A Polish Olympian has auctioned his silver medal from Rio 2016 to help fund treatment for a three-year-old boy struck with cancer.

Kind-hearted discus thrower Piotr Malachowski decided to sell the medal to the highest bidder after receiving a letter from the boy, Olek's, mother.

The 33-year-old world champion wrote: “My silver medal is worth much more than a week ago. It is worth the health of little Olek.

"I fought for gold in Rio. Today I'm calling on everyone to fight for something even more precious.

“If you help me, my silver medal may turn out to be more precious than gold for Olek.”

The boy has been battling eye cancer for two years and treatment in New York is his only hope, the athlete added.

After the bidding, a pleased Malachowski posted [translated]: “My darlings. We made it.

“Thank you everyone who took part in the auction on eBay and everyone who in any way joined [in].

“We were able to show that together we can make miracles. This is our joint success.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... ng-cancer/
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

almost at £50k now close to £17k raised today

great effort!
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

I've gone onto the donate page, but when I click on the "checkout with paypal" I get asked for a name and email. Even when I supply one nothing happens.

Any ideas?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

morganwhu wrote:West Ham have donated £5k, what a load of *****.

I'd tell them to shove it up their arse, ****ing shameless.
Yep Everton FC have done it proper

Everton Football Club has pledged a donation of £200,000 to support @Bradleysfight in his brave battle. Donate here: bit.ly/2arSFHP
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

On a similar note, Everton FC have apparently donated £200k towards the treatment of a young Sunderland fan with cancer.. Class gesture :thup:
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Hammer Matty wrote:On a similar note, Everton FC have apparently donated £200k towards the treatment of a young Sunderland fan with cancer.. Class gesture :thup:
Defoe deserves a mention regarding of the fan, he was mascot today and Defoe seemed to very active engaging him and talking to him. Appeared to make a real effort with him.
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

Well done Everton.

http://www.espnfc.com/everton/story/294 ... cid=espnfb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems I need to get in contact with our club as they promised us a signed shirt from all of the squad for our son Joel & that was nearly 2 & half months ago & we have heard & seen nothing since.
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

Well done Everton FC. That's how to make a difference. Puts our £5,000 to shame really doesn't it. All those people saying the club didn't have to do it , well no they didn't, but if you're going to do it, remember you're a premier league multi million pound club and not in the the Ryman!
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

And yet some on social media are claiming that Everton's £200k is chicken feed and they could afford a lot more. Ours is a small minded drop in the Ocean donation, it means nothing.
We have a small minded board and this is why , new stadium or not, we will never be up there with the big boys.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Especially as its for a Sunderland fan.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

That's a class act from Everton for an opposition supporter. :thup:
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Our paltry donation is pretty disgraceful and offensive actually. The insignificance of it only magnified by Everton's class act.

If it was my son, brother, other family member, friend I would completely walk away and sever all support for West Ham.

Ten grand drink to the Tory party, five grand to a dying child .

:cry:
Last edited by morganwhu on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Everton's donation near enough brings the total donated up to the full amount required. Fair play to them.

Would be fantastic if someone at West Ham got hold of this and donated the full amount.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I'm not sure why but somehow this is being posted in one of the other threads. Anyway, donating £12,500 to the Government while only donating £5,000 to a supporter fighting for his life tells me everything I need to know about those in charge of West Ham.
Mega Ron wrote:I'm sure it was the club that donated the cash.
hammers92 wrote:
You're correct, here's the link and the amount we paid

http://search.electoralcommission.org.u ... s/C0242203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;