johnu175

A Forum in which to remember those KUMB members and other West Ham United family who have sadly left us.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

APWHU

johnu175

Post by APWHU »

Sadly my father John Philpott, a premium member on this forum going by the username johnu175, has passed away.

I was expecting to see him at Crystal Palace match on Saturday but hadn't been able to contact him for a few days, shortly after his was discovered by a neighbour. Although we do not have all the facts right now, it is expected he had a heart attack.

Despite being on the way to the game when i found out and in a fair bit shock, i still decided on going to the match as i felt that's what John would have wanted. I'm thankful West Ham got the win, it felt like it was for him.

John was a season ticket holder in the Chicken Run for over 50 years and a bondholder for the club that he loved and contributed so much for. I'm very thankful for all the games he took me and my brother to since we were children.

We may of not of been the closest or talked as much as we should have, something i deeply regret, but we always had West Ham, which will never be the same without him.

JOHN PHILPOTT
1954 - 2016

:crest:
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Re: johnu175

Post by arlhe »

Robin, deepest condolences.

I knew your father for many, many years - although that was through Essex Chess rather than West Ham. I just heard tonight whilst playing for Basildon v Writtle. A lot of shocked people, all of whom will miss him greatly.

RIP
APWHU

Post by APWHU »

Thank you for the kind words i really appreciate it. Everyone in the ECF has been brilliant and so thoughtful since the news broke out.

There's no news on the funeral yet, but eveyone who knew John is welcome to come. The attire will be West Ham shirts and bubbles will be played.

P.S I'm actually the other brother Alex! But i shall pass this on to Robin also.
arlhe

Post by arlhe »

I had to guess which son it was!

I'm sure there will be a good turn out for the funeral. I'm sure you know Ian Hunnable or David Millward both or whom will make sure the details of the funeral are passed around.
arlhe

Post by arlhe »

A nice touch to get the mention at half-time yesterday.
Odessa
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

I'm sorry for your loss mate irreplaceable .