Transfer Window: January 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Re: Transfer Window: January 2017

Post by e17 »

Romford wrote:We are shorter than Ronnie Corbett....
This lot have a tin of beans on Monday so they can have a bubble bath on Wednesday

Every visit over there & the queue to the shiny big store & swanky coffee shop & every new transfer window feels like these absolute c**** are just laughing at us
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

SXreject wrote:the way cresswell is playing we need a left back as well. He was ****ing shocking tonight.
Maybe he's learnt from Payet. Playing sh*t may get him his move to his beloved Liverpool in the summer to replace the ageing Milner?

Just got back...yeah, I actually stayed as per usual to the end (God, the 5 added on minutes was a kick in the teeth too). So where's all the people gone who thought we had a rock solid side now and no other transfers were needed yet again this window?

Sure, we'll get the usual 'We're looking at this guy', 'asking about this bloke" again when it's another early renewal deadline time to cough up in June, but come August again, how many quality players who actually cost some serious dough will Sully actually spend on?

Yep. two bob. If you can't or won't spend on what's blatantly obvious what's required to at least compete with these top teams then move on now and let someone else take it on, and take the witch with you. Losing is one thing to these teams but seriously, we are getting hammered (literally) in that Godforsaken bowl and it's now embarrassing.
Last edited by Iron-on-transfer on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeallwantMoore

Post by WeallwantMoore »

SXreject wrote:the way cresswell is playing we need a left back as well. He was ****ing shocking tonight.
I think he has been one of our worst performers of the season.... :thdn:
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

In Slav's programme notes he wrote something along the lines of "At the moment of writing on Tuesday morning, we have signed two players..."

Seems to suggest we were in for someone on deadline day or Slav thought we were.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

IOT, I've been wondering if Cresswell has been tapped up by Liverpool and has engaged don't-get-injured mode. There has to be an explanation for the change in form from last season, he can't have become that bad over the summer purely by chance.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Cresswell's entire reputation depends on his attacking delivery.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

If anyone needed any evidence that we are living in the Post-Truth Era, it is Gold claiming we were the 4th highest spenders in the window.

He is like a government minister, carefully massaging the statistics, conveniently ignoring completely the fact that we sold our best player, making a massive net profit overall.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

If anyone needed any evidence that we are living in the Post-Truth Era, it is Gold claiming we were the 4th highest spenders in the window.

He is like a government minister, carefully massaging the statistics, conveniently ignoring completely the fact that we sold our best player, making a massive net profit overall.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

Sir_Trevor wrote: He is like a government minister, carefully massaging the statistics, conveniently ignoring completely the fact that we sold our best player, making a massive net profit overall.
Haha that's spot on :lol:
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:IOT, I've been wondering if Cresswell has been tapped up by Liverpool and has engaged don't-get-injured mode. There has to be an explanation for the change in form from last season, he can't have become that bad over the summer purely by chance.
JBB, I hope not, obviously, but I did hear stories of him kissing the Liverpool emblem at Anfield when we played there earlier this season and, well, you wouldn't put it past Klopp would you?
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Jinxed wrote:I still can't believe that some of us are accepting and even agreeing that there was no suitable right back available

:lol: Jesus wept
Based on tonight we need a new left back far more than a right back. Your full back gets rinsed a couple of times by one of the better young players in Europe - it happens. Your full back bottles challenges, careless with the ball that is not acceptable.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

DannyboyDJL wrote:The last 2 results have been down to the squad coming together and working hard.
Up the Junction wrote:We'll see, Dan. I suspect it has more to do with the fact that we were playing Palace and 'Boro who are both battling relegation, but if we win tonight then I'll gladly accept I was wrong.
I would have taken a glorious defeat. Or even a satisfactory performance. I remain unconvinced.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Sir_Trevor wrote:If anyone needed any evidence that we are living in the Post-Truth Era, it is Gold claiming we were the 4th highest spenders in the window.

They have been quoting net spend for the last 4 years as it fits. Now we have sold someone decent it's no longer net spend it's just spend.
UoMHammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by UoMHammer »

The most worrying thing is the 6% interest on their loans to the club. That's unheard of for a company loan nowadays and says a lot about their attitude to the club.

Adding that to their divide and rule policy of cosying up to social media and their he-who-shouts-loudest policy to get people on their side with propaganda at the expense of the manager or fans, it's clear that they are in it for a profit.

They're not even businessmen, they have zero interest in growing their company.

We need new owners, the problem is, whose going to pay £800m including 6% to Sullivan on any loans and the money to the taxpayers. We are not a billion pound club by any means. No wonder people are looking elsewhere at Everton and West Brom.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Im not sure our problems are down to a lack of players. The players we already have should be giving much better performances than they have been doing. You don't need to spend money to have players run more, playing with a greater urgency, and pressing the opposition like they mean it. That's down to coaching, and that's what I'm becoming convinced our problem is.
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

Sir_Trevor wrote:If anyone needed any evidence that we are living in the Post-Truth Era, it is Gold claiming we were the 4th highest spenders in the window.

Totally agree, it's disgusting the continuous rubbish and lies they keep feeding us.

It's not just saying it, they've obviously spent time looking into the other clubs spend and decided we'll put this message out, this will make us sound good. Premeditated makes it far worse.

We'll be linked with Suarez and Messi come renewal time.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Up the Junction wrote: I would have taken a glorious defeat. Or even a satisfactory performance. I remain unconvinced.
I don't really understand what you are getting at. Are you saying a striker and a right back stop that happening last night? They were head and shoulders above us in every position, including the manager. You can't buy a whole new team in January. We are beating the teams below us and losing to those above. We aren't desperate.

If they go cheap in the summer, then I'll agree with you, but for now I'll wait and see what Bilic can get out of those we signed 6 months ago.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

DannyboyDJL wrote:I don't really understand what you are getting at. Are you saying a striker and a right back stop that happening last night? They were head and shoulders above us in every position, including the manager. You can't buy a whole new team in January. We are beating the teams below us and losing to those above. We aren't desperate.

If they go cheap in the summer, then I'll agree with you, but for now I'll wait and see what Bilic can get out of those we signed 6 months ago.
The results speak for themselves.

We're roughing up the bottom half, especially the bottom six - yet getting thrashed constantly by the top 6/7.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

UoMHammer wrote:The most worrying thing is the 6% interest on their loans to the club...
7%

They are making a personal fortune. No rise in the value of the Club will be ploughed back into the Club.

We are wasting the TV money on tacky racehorse memorabilia, helicopters, Jack's school
fees, some expensive heels and blueprints for new clitoris stimulators. I'd have preferred a RB, but you have to feel for poor Sullivan 'losing money every year' and fretting over his kids' inheritance.

I'm still hoping on bankruptcy to flush the c**** out.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

The top 6 are literally in a league of their own. None of our 1st 11 would be 1st team regulars for any of them. Until we get recklessly rich owners the best we can aspire to is 7th. I suspect Everton and all below accept this. My theory is leicesters achievements last season has been a shock to the top 6. And they won't want any similar oiks getting anywhere near them.

Our owners have virtually given up and just plan to survive.