The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
35%
No
36%
Unsure
29%

Total votes: 548

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 539 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Benjeman wrote:If we Sign Fellaini then I will get a Southend United Season Ticket for sure.
:D

To be honest old elbows might be the kind of player that we need at the moment.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

seems the solution to the bigger pitch is to get bigger players.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Beavis Danzig wrote:seems the solution to the bigger pitch is to get bigger players.
kam se18

Post by kam se18 »

Not Sure, they've ripped the Heart Out Of Our West Ham
RM9

Post by RM9 »

After 19 years of ST (missing 2 years due to being overseas) I don't think I'll be renewing. Safe standing may tempt me back but for now, I'm out.

I'm man enough to admit I was suckered in by the Brady bull**** and very pro-moving to the OS. World class stadia my arse.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

I actually love my view from the front row of block 104 in the West Stand. We sit for the game and stand when things get exciting, as do everyone else on the left of us, the seats to the right of us seem to be different people every game and they just don't seem to show any emotion most of the time - this is what is lacking, emotion and therefore atmosphere...

However, I cannot remember a better feeling at a game than there was at Chelsea... If the team get the fans going then we respond, not visa versa for me.

I will certainly be renewing as it might not be perfect, it might not be Upton Park, but it's still my West Ham. I only hope that those to my left do the same and hopefully someone worthy of our fantastic position picks up those to our right!
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

sanchoz wrote: Image
****ing hell he's a fat ****! :lol:
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

My wife gets on my tits from time to time, I'm not going to leave her though. At the moment West Ham are getting on my tits. But in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer.

Probably makes me a mug punter, but I can't help it. :crest:
Tross
The bard of East London
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Tross »

Unsure. . .

I'm finding the whole experience, the travel, the herding to the ground, the wholly unacceptable egress and return journey on exit, the ridiculous behavior of Westfield security and retailers / restaurateurs, the distance from the ground to a decent pub, let alone my seat to the pitch, the inadequacy of the staff serving food and drink in the ground, the shambles of the stewarding, the defectiveness of the segregation policies, the self-serving, callous and bordering narcissistic attitude and demonstrated behavior of our board on so many issues ranging from from poor handling of history, to an inept transition plan for seating supporters and damaging the fabric of what our club has been for generation. . . . and the impacts that those changes are having on the quality of my life as well as my time. . . . to coin a well used American phrase, I just don't feel I'm getting enough bang for my buck.

Tross
8-)
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

The Big Show wrote:My wife gets on my tits from time to time, I'm not going to leave her though.
What if you found out she was getting shafted by 2 blokes, and one woman?
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

What if you found out she was getting shafted by 2 blokes, and one woman?[/quote]

I'd kick the blokes out? :wink:

I hate what's happening as much as anyone. I'd just struggle to chuck it all in though. I'll still be here long after these 3 have moved on.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Think the only waiting list will be for £289 seats... hearing plenty of current season ticket holders want to downgrade to these seats to guarantee away tickets but won't bother going to home games.

Good idea but there won't be enough to go around :D
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

MD_HM wrote:Good idea but there won't be enough to go around
Might be in the Championship :D
floydie_hammer
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by floydie_hammer »

MD_HM wrote:Think the only waiting list will be for £289 seats... hearing plenty of current season ticket holders want to downgrade to these seats to guarantee away tickets but won't bother going to home games.

Didn't the people with band 5 season tickets have to commit to two years? Won't be any spares to go around next season
leveller

Post by leveller »

floydie_hammer wrote:Didn't the people with band 5 season tickets have to commit to two years?
Yes I believe that was the bond schemesche deal Band 5 were given, at the time of course too many were in "the stadium is great and the board saved the club" mode to give a toss.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I was hoping to become 36 years younger and get a £99 one.

I heard of a group of 16 with only the 3 adults and 13 kids (how does that work?) when the idea was to upgrade on a match to match basis but they don't need to bother.

I reckon they'd like to clamp down on this but risk exposing the lie of 25,000 families.
MD_HM wrote:Think the only waiting list will be for £289 seats... hearing plenty of current season ticket holders want to downgrade to these seats to guarantee away tickets but won't bother going to home games.

I guess any increase in capacity would all be band 5. Question is, do I get priority to switch to one to keep my away s/t or does someone on that waiting list?
cowelly2006

Post by cowelly2006 »

It's a maybe for me as I just don't have that excitement going to the games. I am hoping this will return but it just isn't home yet.

I can't justify spending £1000+ on something a year if I don't enjoy it. I'd rather pick some away games and go less.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Doc H Ball wrote:I reckon they'd like to clamp down on this but risk exposing the lie of 25,000 families.
Between you and I Doc, I'm told no checks will be taking place for the foreseeable future (until other issues are resolved).

Fill your boots, laddie.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

floydie_hammer wrote:Didn't the people with band 5 season tickets have to commit to two years? Won't be any spares to go around next season
Only those 5,000 that were made available when they raised the capacity from 54,000 to 60,000 - they had to pay for 2 years up-front. There was about 3,000 that were part of the original 54,000 capacity that just paid for 1 year.
  • The Board are also pleased to confirm that following extraordinary demand for tickets at the Hammers’ new world-class home, West Ham are now doing everything in their power to expand the capacity to 60,000.

Should that hard work pay off, there will be an additional 5,000 Band 5 seats and thus a total of 8,000 Season Tickets available for £289 a season.

Originally on the Official Site, but retrieved from web archive
With the safety certificate subsequently only allowing 57,000 they have to withhold 3,000 match day tickets elsewhere in the ground leaving those seats unoccupied - until people from elsewhere move into them!.

The early band 5 season ticket holders paying for just one year have got the best of the band 5 seats and who would probably renew (if given the chance) - so there won't be any spares to go around next season - without a major reassignment of bands/seats.
Graza

Post by Graza »

If we go down almost certainly.

If we don't maybe...