The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
35%
No
36%
Unsure
29%

Total votes: 548

costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

Post by costa75 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Last edited by the pink palermo on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please see the T&C's of this site which you agreed to when you joined up
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Pulls up Trees wrote:Love how the No count skyrockets after a loss.

I think that tells you all you need to know about the usefulness of this poll.

You are so out of touch with the core support with comments like these. No surprise to see you proudly displaying the new badge.
leveller

Post by leveller »

If I was the board, aside from our impending relegation should our current form continue, I'd be starting to get pretty worried about how that poll is looking.

And how many are really on the fictional 55k waiting list? A few thousand? If 65% of actual ST holders are not renewing / unsure then I bet the percentage on the waiting list that have lost interest in buying a ST is higher.
tom_rowland

Post by tom_rowland »

shocked at how many no answers
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

All's fair in love and West Ham threads. You have to have a thick skin and their barbs haven't stopped me yet. It's the same old names posting, which isn't a surprise.
Last edited by the pink palermo on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote breaking site T&C's removed
leveller

Post by leveller »

Pulls up Trees wrote:All's fair in love and West Ham threads. You have to have a thick skin and their barbs haven't stopped me yet. It's the same old names posting, which isn't a surprise.
Glad to have achieved "same old name" status if that was partly in reference to me :) I'm not having a pop mate, if you don't agree with what was said then debate it.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

To say thousands of fans who will walk away from the club are 'ripping the heart of soul out of the club' is nonsense.

The useless clowns now in charge of this club have done that. While we suffer in our souless bowl our real home is a pile of rubble.

I wasn't against the move but said all along if there is one club who could f*** this up it would be us.

I actually couldn't care less if we get relegated. I'm starting to hate the Premier League and everything about it.

I can easily see myself packing it in at the end of this season, I'm not going to listen to one more word of s*** from this board who will make out they are doing me a huge favour by giving me 10% off my season ticket price in the Championship, not forgetting that it includes 4 extra home games in the discounted price.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

I'll still go to games, but it's not enjoyable enough to warrant a season ticket. Not mad on the ground, don't really like drinking round there, football hasn't been great.

Saturday was a bit of a low point. Sitting in the Gods next to a seat that's been occupied once this season, listening to Arsenal fans (of all people) wallow in our sterilisation really stuck in the craw.

So, yeah. It's a "no" from me. The customer is always right, as they say.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

tom_rowland wrote:shocked at how many no answers
Shocked at how many "yes" answers, to be honest. It's either gallows humour or full negativity from what I can see.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

EugeneSpeed wrote: Shocked at how many "yes" answers, to be honest. It's either gallows humour or full negativity from what I can see.
The club probably has someone employed to register and vote to keep the numbers from looking worse.
Hampshire'ammer

Post by Hampshire'ammer »

I was one of the "Don't know" votes.

At this moment I am saying to the not renewing side, my son will be off to Uni next year and he has even based his choice on how many games he can get back to watch.

TBH I think the only way I would definitely renew is if we get relegated, and just couldn't turn my back on the club if we went down
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Once this hits 500 votes we'll start the next poll. So get your finger out, if you haven't voted already!
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Up the Junction wrote:Once this hits 500 votes we'll start the next poll. So get your finger out, if you haven't voted already!
How many voted in the original OS poll UTJ?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:How many voted in the original OS poll UTJ?
All OS poll results here, was around 1-2k for each one IIRC:

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143250
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

I was and still am a 'maybe' renew ... but for me as I've watched this year how easily non ST's have got tickets ... sure we're playing crap and if we were top of the league tickets would be like rockin' horse ***** but that ain't happening any-time soon ... so then why should I fork out on an ST?

I'm now firmly in the 'keep my cash in my pocket' camp ... will I still go, sure I will, but next season not having that ST will for sure mean that there will be match-days when I just think ... feck it I can't be arsed ...

When I fancy a game I'll get a ticket ... that makes me, a virtual ever-present for over 30 years, just another part time fan ... and it took Ms Brady and the boys just one season to do that ...

Ms Brady I might even pop down to the Orient ... lol just kidding .... or am I ???????
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Atempt at circumnavigating swear filter removed.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Up the Junction wrote:All OS poll results here, was around 1-2k for each one IIRC:

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143250
Wonder how many of them "yes" voters regret their decision. I knew it'd be **** and it is but got shouted down as someone who needed to "get with the times" along with "it'll be a new era for the club" etc etc.

It was obvious the move was going to be a **** idea but some people just couldn't see it and thought we'd be up there with the big boys. I don't usually post on here and certainly don't like posting "I told you so" posts but I had to get it off my chest. The club I've supported since the 80s, really has been ruined.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Colours never run wrote:You are so out of touch with the core support with comments like these. No surprise to see you proudly displaying the new badge.
Or you could respect his opinion? Which holds as much validity as yours does.

The problems at the OS have been intensified due to how we have played this season. If we started this season like started last season, there would be more renewals than not.
MN Train to Eastwood

Post by MN Train to Eastwood »

I don't see it as supporting West Ham. I just see it as bank rolling 3 parasites now. They have done what they had set out to do. Sell the ground. And get an Olympic size upgrade for nowt. There are only two options. Get this lot out. And hopefully get a owner who has deeper pockets and a willingness to invest it into the club.Or. Let this lot carry on. And be happy to stand by and see the club slowly die. While having to listen to there PR bull**it.!

I know which one I'm choosing.

:crest:
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I don't think we need an owner with deep pockets.

We need owners who set the club up to operate in a professional way.

Southampton's setup (recent article on the bbc somewhere) is exactly what we can do and it doesn't mean shelling out lots of money.

Alongside that the stadium can be ok but they need to get the basics right. The things that every other club manages. Let your fans stand in areas where it's sensible. Don't let stewards etc go looking for trouble. Help the elderly and disabled get to and from the station (seeing as we won't give them parking spaces).