The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
35%
No
36%
Unsure
29%

Total votes: 548

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

Post by Up the Junction »

Colours never run wrote:You are so out of touch with the core support with comments like these.
LincolnshireHammer wrote:Or you could respect his opinion? Which holds as much validity as yours does.
Hear hear. Won't have bullying on here. All entitled to express their opinion without fear of responses such as CNR's.
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Or you could respect his opinion? Which holds as much validity as yours does.

The problems at the OS have been intensified due to how we have played this season. If we started this season like started last season, there would be more renewals than not.
They are all entitled to their opinion, even if CNR's response is out of character for him. I don't take it personally, otherwise I would have given up posting a long time ago!!

My worry is that people are becoming more and more aggressive as the weeks pass, and that's no good for anyone.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Excluding don't knows the average of five KUMB polls showed 39% in favour of the move.
WhusView? poll showed 12% in favour.
Brady's decidedly dodgy You Gov poll showed 85% in favour.

The figures on this current poll suggest that perhaps the club should have held an honest poll of match attending fans at the start of this process.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Or you could respect his opinion? Which holds as much validity as yours does.

The problems at the OS have been intensified due to how we have played this season. If we started this season like started last season, there would be more renewals than not.

I respect his opinion, just as I do yours. What I didn't like, was Pulls up trees questioning the purpose of the Poll in the first place, that's what I had issue with. And I for one have found these a very worthwhile exercise to gauge the general feeling on here, and possibly wider sentiment which correlates with general feeling around the ground I here. Although I disagree with a lot of what Pulls up trees says, I like that he does put his points across well for the most part but not on this occasion.
919er

Post by 919er »

The "No's" have overtaken the "Yes's" since the 5-1 defeat Saturday.

This suggests peoples dissatisfaction is less to do with the stadium and much more to do with the teams performances.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Up the Junction wrote: Hear hear. Won't have bullying on here. All entitled to express their opinion without fear of responses such as CNR's.

Hardly bullying. I was merely pointing out how it came across to me when they questioned the usefulness of your Poll in the first place. I've never said he or anyone else couldn't express an opinion, just that I disagreed with how they expressed it and didn't think they were as in touch as most who feel strongly to participate in it, nearly 500 of us now.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

919er wrote:The "No's" have overtaken the "Yes's" since the 5-1 defeat Saturday.

This suggests peoples dissatisfaction is less to do with the stadium and much more to do with the teams performances.
Or it suggests after another visit to the stadium, more people have come to the conclusion that the place is a total shambles.

I'd already voted before Arsenal but I'm more of a 'no' now than when I voted and that had nothing to do with what happened on the pitch.

The actual matchday experience V Arsenal was the worst I'd had so far. Stewards, turnstiles, 'don't do this and that' announcements, Thomas Cook advertising, undercover filming of supporters.
Colours never run

Exactly that, Wizzo.
Pulls up Trees
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Colours never run wrote: I respect his opinion, just as I do yours. What I didn't like, was Pulls up trees questioning the purpose of the Poll in the first place, that's what I had issue with. And I for one have found these a very worthwhile exercise to gauge the general feeling on here, and possibly wider sentiment which correlates with general feeling around the ground I here. Although I disagree with a lot of what Pulls up trees says, I like that he does put his points across well for the most part but not on this occasion.
Why thank you Sir. Likewise.

What I would say in my defence is that there are already multiple threads on here that are choc full of people's general feeling on the move (which have been very vocally negative). Adding a poll for the same people to reiterate those statements seemed OTT, especially as it looked (from my infrequent checks of the poll) that the No vote went up spectacularly after the Man Utd 4-1, and Saturday's game.

By the way, I've had the new badge as my profile pic since it became available on the site, over a year ago. UTJ also has a version of it, didn't see you try and bully him :wink:
clawhammer
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

The Arsenal game was probably the best yet as far as stewarding goes. Now the standing areas are more or less resolved it is interesting that these so called singing areas are not producing. As far as the poll is concerned I voted and it is what it is. If you had a vote on Jeremy Corbyn among Labour supporters it would not be representative of the average voter and this forum has more than it's share of Karren/Board/Coe/Tory/
Boris haters. To be fair Karren's poll was equally valid. Who knows until renewal time? What we need are a run of results but blaming the stadium for the discontent is a bit daft. Poor seat transfers, stewarding and segregation , which are all fixable, are to blame. Things will get better over time and I will be there to see it together, I suspect, with most of the "no" voters in this poll.
Colours never run

You're both wrongens for displaying such new age filth. 8-)

Regards to the Poll, I'm sure the vast majority had already voted so it's not like there's been an avalanche of votes one way or another based purely on a result and not fair to suggest so when now nearly 500 have cast their vote. The percentage hasn't really budged at all.
griff123

Post by griff123 »

clawhammer wrote:The Arsenal game was probably the best yet as far as stewarding goes. Now the standing areas are more or less resolved it is interesting that these so called singing areas are not producing. As far as the poll is concerned I voted and it is what it is. If you had a vote on Jeremy Corbyn among Labour supporters it would not be representative of the average voter and this forum has more than it's share of Karren/Board/Coe/Tory/
Boris haters. To be fair Karren's poll was equally valid. Who knows until renewal time? What we need are a run of results but blaming the stadium for the discontent is a bit daft. Poor seat transfers, stewarding and segregation , which are all fixable, are to blame. Things will get better over time and I will be there to see it together, I suspect, with most of the "no" voters in this poll.
Er sorry but how are the standing areas resolved?
Colours never run

Seemed to be kicking off again in the TBL 127 area to me with stewards getting busy again and for most of the area remaining seated due to the Thomas Cook/Freebie brigade. It's going to be a mess until the seasons over and the singers have been broken up in smaller pockets still around the ground. Even in the BML we now have permanent sitters to my left and ain't traditional singers/standers.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

clawhammer wrote:. To be fair Karren's poll was equally valid..
No it wasn't

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

I can't help but think there are some people who post on KUMB as West Ham United fans who hate West Ham United fans.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Major »

I could say i told you so.

So i will

I Told you so....
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

It didn't have to be like this though and I am amazed they have managed to balls it up.

Anyone who regularly attends football matches could have told them how to resolve most of the issues they've faced at the Bowl this year.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

brownout wrote: No it wasn't
Technically, a larger sample (potentially better representation), but question wording and response bias effects.

To be fair, no poll will be a fair reflection - there's no sampling frame for West Ham fans so it is impossible to generate a high quality, random probability sample. All polls will be misleading.
Last edited by DrVenk on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colours never run

They had the comprehensive sample size needed to gauge the wider feelings of the fanbase more than any other. But sadly they consciously chose to heavily load the questionnaire in the answer they clearly wanted to hear. That was the problem, not the sample size itself which would have been a fair reflection. And as soon as they loaded it up like f*** in their favour, there was never ever going to be a fair assessment of true sentiment amongst our fanbase and rendered it a pointless excerise.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Colours never run wrote:They had the comprehensive sample size
Means very little if it is non-probability sampling.