The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #2

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe that the current Board will deliver regular European football within five years?

Yes
10%
No
82%
Unsure
8%

Total votes: 503

Boooogers!

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #2

Post by Boooogers! »

Colours never run wrote:
That's why people like me feel so strongly and angry a it the current situation as we never asked for any of this, forced upon us and having to take it or leave it like a shitty restaurant that treats you poorly. Only difference is, I've invested time, money and emotion into going to West Ham and everything a matchday was.

By the way, we ain't arguing, we're discussing the ins and outs of it. I ain't taking any of it to heart and know we're all West Ham end of the day, no matter where we are.
100% agree - of course you're going to be more emotionally invested than someone who hasn't been a regular for over 10 years. Doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt for us "exiles" too though...

The Club is changing beyond recognition in front of our eyes. Watching from the outside in, I have the luxury of being able to take a more of "30,000ft" view of what's happening. I may come across as being a bit of a dick that has no heart or loyalty, but I'm just saying it how I see it.

Basically, we're ****ed as a Club unless action is taken.
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Can't see regular European football under the tenure of the current board when the main aims are to (a) stay in the premier league, (b) scrimp on key new signings every transfer window and (c) sell us to some daft Ayrab with more money than sense.
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Depends on your definition, Sully will say its 2 years in a row of European football.

Albeit Europa League qualifying, failing that, they'll claim Swansea away is Europe.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

No. not a chance.

Another poll - Do you think David Sullivan, David Gold & Karren Brady will

A) Double the income they had from the BG
B) Treble the income they had from the BG
C) Earn more than 5 times the income they had from the BG and still go on about the £100m debt
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

chalks wrote:Will be staggered if there is even 1 vote for yes
Not sure why? Our progress since promotion to the premier league has generally seen an upward trend that has seen us qualify for the Europa League twice. Best squad in decades.

New stadium needs tweaking and we might need a new manager but otherwise I think we will be contenders.
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

Voted no, for obvious reasons. The board nailed their colours firmly to the mast this last summer, minimum investment and the intention to spend as little as they believe will be enough to keep us in the Premiership.
Remo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Remo »

I'd be interested to see the results of this one:-

"Do you believe that, despite the move to a larger stadium, the current Board will oversee another relegation within five years?"
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Remo wrote:I'd be interested to see the results of this one:-

"Do you believe that, despite the move to a larger stadium, the current Board will oversee another relegation within five months ?"
Amended for you
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Stars aligned last season and we demonstrated that the opportunity would be missed when it was right there

If we sell Payet in January (as many seem to be building up to excuse them for) then we will be sending s message out to top quality players that we have given up on those aspirations for the foreseeable.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

ironilunga wrote: Not sure why?.
Because we are a club in free fall. Our owners original plan has been met, and there appears little to no interest in following up on the promises made, on a ridiculously frequent basis, via social media.

If you think the only things that are wrong are that the stadium needs tweaking and the manager needs replacing, I'm stunned
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Yes, there is putting your head in the sand and then there is putting your head in so deep you end up saying hello to Melbourne
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

I voted 'no' but then I would have done so with any administration. It's how we do things.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

A "NO" from me.

These two-bob muppets couldn't deliver a pizza!
Miles Standish Proud
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by Miles Standish Proud »

Mods - what is the plan for these polls? Are the results, when complete, going to be forwarded to the club for comment?
Can I also ask whether there are plans to seek an interview with the directors given the concerns and disillusionment that is rampant across all forums I visit?
What I am getting at is whether there is any collective editorial will to take a stance on the whole move and to act as a prism via which to focus the growing dissatisfaction on the board?
Going back a good few years, your forerunners - fanzines such as Fortunes Always Hiding - nailed their colours to the mast and provided a voice and catalyst for supporters over issues such as The Bond Scheme and (for right or wrong) the sacking of John Lyall.
Seems to me that there is a whole lot of heartfelt, passion, dismay, despair and anger that is currently turning to apathy in the absence of a conduit.
Our club is going through turbulent times. Some, including me, would say we are in the midst of an existential crisis. Does Kumb have a greater role to play in days like these?
Honest question.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Up the Junction wrote:Moving swiftly on, a poll for everyone to vote in.

"Do you believe that, as a result of the move to a larger stadium, the current Board will deliver regular European football within five years?"
This poll created 2 days before we entered the relegation zone. :lol:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

No from me.

Even if we do swerve relegation this season, we would have regressed. A bottom table finish will make us less attractive to potential new players and have existing players calling their agents.

If we do get relegated then I think we'll see a collapse of Coventry proportions.
Neil.C
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Neil.C »

I voted No - although last year at this time I would voted Unsure.

How things have changed. :(
whuzak

Post by whuzak »

I mean surely we have to buck the trend sometime soon. Mid table finishes and relegation battles season in season out with loanee marquee signing and freebies is not my idea of taking the club to the next level.

I think every time we've gone down I've always thought to myself, "Ok then, well it's another chance to clear out the deadwood and start again." Although I get the feeling if we go down again especially with the OS, I can see us slipping down the leagues and therefore diminishing the existence of the club.

We need real investment and a take over to form a new board in order to drive the team into a true top 6 competing team. How many years are we going to wait? Or do we continuously accept the whole 'same old West ammm' mentality?

Slav needs to be backed and that fish bowl of a stadium needs to become a cauldron of noise some how week in week out. :crest:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Miles Standish Proud wrote:Mods - what is the plan for these polls? Are the results, when complete, going to be forwarded to the club for comment?
The club are aware of these polls.
Miles Standish Proud wrote:Can I also ask whether there are plans to seek an interview with the directors given the concerns and disillusionment that is rampant across all forums I visit?
I requested an interview with David Gold in 2012 that I'm still waiting for. And I've asked Karren Brady (indirectly) several times for an interview. Sadly it appears that, like her employer, she has no interest in participating.

Which is a shame, as prior to Brady all MDs/CEOs at WHUFC going back to Paul Aldridge happily gave their time to talk to KUMB (as has David Sullivan, to give credit where it's due).
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

No. They made it clear in the summer that they aren't going to invest the amount of money required to move the club to the next level despite them banging on about it all the time. They will try to do it on the cheap as always.