Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I'm guessing that I don't owe anyone a profuse apology about the amount of money that we accepted for him then ?

:hush:
Don't Chinese Clubs have to pay the same amount as the transfer fee to the Government too which makes it £46m in total - he handed in a request which saved us money so I guess it's the best we could do , wiped its face as the bloke off Bargain Hunt will say .
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

yep they do....

it was suggested that there was a bid of 35-40M from the Chinese.

I mentioned this earlier which would have made him cost around 70-80M - and that I didn't think he was worth 80M of anyone's money.

still not sure that he handed in a transfer request. did the club actually say that - because it was back and forth that he didn't hand one in.....

several newspapers suggested he did....if so then it probably saved us maybe 1M loyalty payment.

glad we can draw a line under this now....really tough on Pellers considering that he made such a positive statement about how good Arnie was going to be this season......
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I'm guessing that I don't owe anyone a profuse apology about the amount of money that we accepted for him then ?

:hush:
According to Simon Jordan on TS, we bought him for 20, sold him for 22, would have been valued on the balance sheet at around 8, and therefore we got rid of a problem for a 14 mill profit. Pretty good.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

pretty much the same with most players - that little youtube about player amortization thingy was really pretty good.

did make you keep up a bit but as has been explained loads of times, pretty much 99% of all transfers are pro rated on the length of player's contract (which is maybe why we see signings being given 5 years deals) and then again I think, they depreciate at the same time as some of them actually appreciate. clever bookkeeping it is. i.e. in the real world there's no way Arnie is valued at 8M. on paper and for bookkeeping purposes, yes. Arnie's value depreciated while at the same time appreciating.

in all fairness to the board, they probably expected the same here, bidding the release clause and expecting it to be paid over 3-5 years whereas Celta wanted it done in line with the Spanish FA rules in that the whole amount was to be paid upfront.

we failed only in getting them to budge. and as I posted earlier, (using figures we are "given") 15M wouldn't get Celta, Mina. plus they would have had to fork out 20% of the profit. this way they get 1 player bought, 1 player on loan, a short infusion of cash and stiff the poor bastards in Uruguay.

win/win for them

the only thing I will criticise the board for is not asking these questions at the end of the season when it was clear Celta would not be relegated.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Lets face it.....

He was a total **** before he joined us.

He was a total **** while he was with us.

And he is still a total **** now that he has left.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by S-H »

S-H wrote:Hope you're gone before I get back off holiday you ****.

Mwah.
And just like that, he was gone.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

costa75 wrote:Lets face it.....

He was a total **** before he joined us.

He was a total **** while he was with us.

And he is still a total **** now that he has left.
:thup:

And we got some decent football out of him at times.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

WCpete wrote: According to Simon Jordan on TS, we bought him for 20, sold him for 22, would have been valued on the balance sheet at around 8, and therefore we got rid of a problem for a 14 mill profit. Pretty good.
The problem is his book value in accounting and his market value are two very different things. Yes in the accounts we will make a profit on him, but in reality we’ve probably had to sell him for £5m less than he’s worth.

In any case it is good to be rid of him, just a shame the deal for his replacement fell through.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Former West Ham star Marko Arnautovic hits out at European media during Shanghai SIPG unveiling
Former West Ham striker Marko Arnautovic has hit out at the European media for his portrayal during his time in the Premier League.

The ex-Hammers star this week joined Chinese Super League side Shanghai SIPG after West Ham accepted a cut-price deal such was the desire to see him leave.

Despite leading the line as a talismanic figure at times, few were sad to see the Austrian leave east London due to his abrasive attitude.

However, at his unveiling in Asia, the former Stoke City man hit out at criticism over his attitude and said he always gave everything to his previous teams.

"They do not train with me, they do not play with me, but they just write something," he said.

"Maybe that's the characteristic of European media, the truth is that I always give everything to my team, I never spare myself.

"I'm here to work hard, I want to do my part so the club can achieve all of its goals."

Arnautovic could make his debut on Saturday against Jiangsu Suning.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 87956.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Arnautovic could make his debut on Saturday against Jiangsu Suning.
Probably still on the beach
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Hope he breaks his leg
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

prophet:marginal wrote: Probably still on the beach
Jiangsu suning himself
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

He's a bit of a cu*t isn't he?
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Pob! wrote:He's a bit of a cu*t isn't he?
I like the way he’s decided it’s safe now to blame his reputation on the European press

As if anyone with half a brain couldn’t dig up his Klingon brothers statements, his effort when he didn’t go at Christmas, his exit from Stoke, or the way he weeded a pay rise and then still mugged us off.

An absolute ten ton c*nt mate. He might end up with dough in the bank, but he’ll literally have no welcoming party at any former club. Ever. Bloke is a rat.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

the truth is that I always give everything to my team, I never spare myself.

"I'm here to work hard, I want to do my part so the club can achieve all of its goals."
:lol:

Don't make me laugh, you ****!

You only turn it on when it's for your own gain and feel in the mood. Lost count of the times you downed tools when the going got tough. Shame you didn't try achieving all your goals for your previous Club, you money grabbing tosser. Good ****ing riddance.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

PS: I just found this..

And I notice it, how it casually make sense... with the evolution of events now...

Arnautović (Serbian Cyrillic: Арнаутовић) is a Serbo-Croatian surname, borne by ethnic Serbs, and to a lesser extent Bosniaks, derived from the word "Arnaut", an Ottoman term used to denote Albanians or people from Albania; though in Serbo-Croatian usage, the word Arnaut(in) was also used as a pejorative, meaning "evil", "malicious" and "murderous", used as a nickname[1] :D :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnautovi%C4%87
Sorry if repost.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Who?
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

Will still wear my Arnie kit, I paid way too much money for it.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Tevez - Payet - Arnautovic

Brilliant at times with periods of ' Meh ' , all important to West Ham United at one time or another .

Next Hero Please .
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Tevez - Payet - Arnautovic

Brilliant at times with periods of ' Meh ' , all important to West Ham United at one time or another .

Next Hero Please .
Tevez ? How you can mention him in the same light as them two is beyond me. We were always punching above our weight with him and he saved our arses from relegation against Man Utd in the 2006/07 season. That for me gives him a bye - and I think a lot of people would agree with me.