Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic

Post by hammerman11 »

Arnie is 30/31 now. will want mega wages and no doubt try for a few months before going off on one. we need a younger fitter and more hungry team. not yesterdays fat cats and a player who has been playing sub standard football .

disaster waiting to happen.

our forwards are haller misfiring and overpriced, ajeti seems a waste of time, Antonio who is not really a striker , bowen young and hungry looks goodand silva who is young and coming back from surgery. sell ajeti and get another young forward in.

we don't need big heads like arnie coming back for one last paycheck.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

He's fulfilled his childhood dream of playing in the Chinese premier league and now he wants to come back.
Don't see the problem.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

£10m fee and max £75k p/w for three years, I'd have him back.
Graza

Post by Graza »

No.

Just No.

Same as with Payet, got too big for their boots, held the club up for more and more money, downed tools to get a move, hasn't pulled up trees since leaving, older (so cuts the resale if any) and knows they can mug us off at will. f*** em. I'd rather use the money on another Bowen.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

No, the utter bull**** he tried feeding the fans means there’s no way back for him.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Rio wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:27 pm I miss him. Great player. I may be going soft in my old age or just suffering the effects of being separated from football but part of me would welcome him back.

Still think ince is a slag though
I think Payet and Arnie did a hell of of lot worse than Ince did, Ince was just a kid who did what his agent told him, he made a mistake, he didn't do anything like what those two c**** did. ( imo )
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Take him back, and just after he has unpacked, loan him to a Chinese team.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

He's just not worth the aggro. Forget about him now.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

ageing hammer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 am I think Payet and Arnie did a hell of of lot worse than Ince did, Ince was just a kid who did what his agent told him, he made a mistake, he didn't do anything like what those two ***** did. ( imo )
What wearing another clubs shirt whilst contracted to West Ham in an era when loyalty was more common?

Apparently Ince wanted out as soon as John Lyall got the tin tack. As soon as he heard he had been booted he was on the phone to Mendy, who then called Taggert. Taggert had been tracking Ince for months and would often often can JL to ask whether he would sell. JL and Taggert were friends btw.

There was more going on with Payet and Arnie than we know and my instinct tells me it has the paw prints of a Poison Welsh Dwarf all over it.
LmcHammer

Post by LmcHammer »

RichieRiv wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:38 am What wearing another clubs shirt whilst contracted to West Ham in an era when loyalty was more common?

Apparently Ince wanted out as soon as John Lyall got the tin tack. As soon as he heard he had been booted he was on the phone to Mendy, who then called Taggert. Taggert had been tracking Ince for months and would often often can JL to ask whether he would sell. JL and Taggert were friends btw.

There was more going on with Payet and Arnie than we know and my instinct tells me it has the paw prints of a Poison Welsh Dwarf all over it.
Spot on, f*** Ince, that **** knew exactly what he was doing. Will never be forgotten
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I always find it strange that people think the Ince''s behaviour worse than Payet and Arnie''s

Ince, local-lad, West ham supporter, came through the ranks under his mentor John Lyall, probably on a piss poor wage, wants to leave after his mentor gets sacked and west ham get relegated. Not that surprising really. Swapping divisiom 2 club for one of the best in the world is not really controversial in context of the players career, amd so it proved. Relrgated clubs players did that all the time, espwcially the best younsters. Or is is just the shirt photo fiasco that is the problem?

Payet and Arnie, on the other hand, are known mercenaries who kicked up a fuss at other points in their career. Already earning six figure salaries per week playing for a side safely ensconced in the Premier League, suddenly decided they wanted out and kicked up a right fuss to achieve that objective with neither doing it for 'career' reasons - Payet insistent on Marseille for personal reasons and Arnie chasig the lucre in China. All payet had to do was stick around for another few months and leave at the he end of the season, but no, he had to leave then and there for Marseille and only Marseille and went on a strike to achieve it

Personally I can't see how Ince is anywhere near worse in these scenarios but maybe because I didn't go regularly back then I am less invested in it emotionally
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

ageing hammer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 am I think Payet and Arnie did a hell of of lot worse than Ince did, Ince was just a kid who did what his agent told him, he made a mistake, he didn't do anything like what those two ***** did. ( imo )
When Arnie & Payet played despite knowing they were going, there was effort and quality. Ince never moved out of the centre circle for 2 games. Was dismissive of fans and team mates alike. This was in a different era when it meant more than a wage packet. And as someone else said. Local lad. Played for the club since he was a kid. Meant nothing to him, once fergie came calling.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

kayahammer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:31 am Take him back, and just after he has unpacked, loan him to a Chinese team.
:D
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Rio wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:56 am Ince never moved out of the centre circle for 2 games.
I thought it was only one game he played, up at Stoke in the 1-1 draw. But yeah, he didn’t leave the centre circle and made no attempt to play the game. It was also Macari’s first and the game of Kamara’s tackle that broke McAvennie's leg.

f*** Paul Ince. Call me the ‘guv’nor’ - ****.

I agree that the Welsh dwarf probably played a role in Arnie, but I wouldn’t want him back. Clearly got a very limited idea of teamship.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

PF. wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:06 am I thought it was only one game he played, up at Stoke in the 1-1 draw. But yeah, he didn’t leave the centre circle and made no attempt to play the game. It was also Macari’s first and the game of Kamara’s tackle that broke McAvennie's leg.

**** Paul Ince. Call me the ‘guv’nor’ - ****.

I agree that the Welsh dwarf probably played a role in Arnie, but I wouldn’t want him back. Clearly got a very limited idea of teamship.

Did the same only worse at aldershot in a friendly
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

:thup:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:26 am I always find it strange that people think the Ince''s behaviour worse than Payet and Arnie''s

Ince, local-lad, West ham supporter, came through the ranks under his mentor John Lyall, probably on a piss poor wage, wants to leave after his mentor gets sacked and west ham get relegated. Not that surprising really. Swapping divisiom 2 club for one of the best in the world is not really controversial in context of the players career, amd so it proved. Relrgated clubs players did that all the time, espwcially the best younsters. Or is is just the shirt photo fiasco that is the problem?

Payet and Arnie, on the other hand, are known mercenaries who kicked up a fuss at other points in their career. Already earning six figure salaries per week playing for a side safely ensconced in the Premier League, suddenly decided they wanted out and kicked up a right fuss to achieve that objective with neither doing it for 'career' reasons - Payet insistent on Marseille for personal reasons and Arnie chasig the lucre in China. All payet had to do was stick around for another few months and leave at the he end of the season, but no, he had to leave then and there for Marseille and only Marseille and went on a strike to achieve it

Personally I can't see how Ince is anywhere near worse in these scenarios but maybe because I didn't go regularly back then I am less invested in it emotionally
Let's unpack your post.

Ince: homegrown, local lad, supporter, academy graduate.

Payet / Arnie: Mercenaries

But no, what the last two did was far worse.

Stunning logic.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

They were not the only factors I mentioned.

Ince, a young lad, whole career ahead of him, prospect of division 2 or playing for the biggest club in the land and knowing that his mentor, the manager who discovered him and developed his career was going to be shown no loyalty and sacked

Ince went about it the wrong way but no one can really blame him for leaving from a career perspective

Personally prefer the story of a local lad made good (and prepared to cut him much more slack for it) than a football mercenary chasing the money in China, and the other just downing tools and insisting on one club and one club only because of 'issues' of his own making

Anyway, just my opinion. As I said, I wasn't attending West Ham regularly when Ince left, (and was only 11) so probably more emotiknally removed from the situation as others

I was not that bothered by Arnie either to be honest as never really warmed to him anyway.

Payet is the one that sticks in my craw though. If he had stayed and played to the summer I would have had no problem with him leaving at all. Going on strike mid season to force the only option he was interested in was the issue for or me
PlaistowIron
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by PlaistowIron »

Let him rot in China
Maidenhead72

Post by Maidenhead72 »

Didn't Ince play our first home game of the 89-90 season?

Surprised no one has mention Paul Allen. Wasn't he the original Judas for going to Spurs?
Remember at the Ray Clemence testimonial, Allen getting a load of stick and at one point Dicksy tried putting him in the stands.

I'd rather we didn't sign either Payet or Arnie. I'm not a big fan of re-signing ex players unless it's in a coaching role.