Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Is Mésaque Djú training with the first team???

Can he give us a hand maybe there in front or on the wings replacing Antonio, for example???
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Sloop John B wrote:
June, July it makes not a jot of difference if there are no offers for the player... You can't just decide to sell someone... :eh:
But there WAS interest in him beforehand you see. It was fairly well documented that he was being allowed to leave. We’d have been better selling him early in the window, don’t be obtuse :D

Linked with Valencia:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.foot ... 481043.amp
Last edited by Hammersfaniow on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherbet Dab
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Sherbet Dab »

S-H wrote:Yet another Sullivan vanity purchase.
Gone out the door, seems some professionals have taken over the transfer business of this great club 8-)
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 509 likes

Post by Ding »

Everything is about risk management, isn’t iit?

We have two out and out strikers left in the squad now. If Haller should (touch wood) get injured, then we have Ajeti. If he in turn gets injured (or proves to be crap), then we have Yamo, or when he gets back, Antonio. And finally, if all else fails and we get desperate, we can always dip into the market in the January window, however tricky that might be.

As such, I can see how Pelle reckons the above represents decent risk when weighed against a weird situation of having a second choice striker who wants away yet is better paid than the first choice striker who wants to be here. Consider how that might affect squad harmony.

The manager is paid to take risk on a daily basis. I do not think it is an unacceptable or reckless risk in this instance. This is especially so if, having seen him in training, Pelle reckons Ajeti will be able to step up - or indeed, if he has already identified a free agent happy to be second or third choice striker.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

S-H wrote: Yet another Sullivan vanity purchase.
Bilic said he tried to bring Hernandez to West Ham two years ago when he left Manchester United and the Croatian is delighted to finally get his man.

"Chicharito is very important in this project," said Bilic. "When I came to West Ham two years ago and he was leaving United, I wanted him then.

"When he decided to go to Leverkusen, he told me 'sorry' and now after two years, I found out he may leave I called him again. We didn't have to start from zero.

"He is a fantastic player. Very experienced and has been everywhere and has scored goals. He runs, he presses, everything. He was our number one target on our list of strikers."
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Oof, tick another one off the list.

That rarest of breeds – a striker who stunted his career by NOT coming to West Ham.
Universidad-de-Chile

By taking a look at Transfernarkt, there is a whole bunch of interessting free agent players, that are available...

- Hatem Ben Arfa (32) 8-)

- Jérémy Ménez (32)

- Jonathas de Jesus (30, ex-Hannover)

- Markel Susaeta (31)

- Gonzalo Bueno (26)

And...

- Gabriel Paletta (great CB, played in Boca Juniors and for Italy)

:?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/v ... 9&yt0=Show
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote:- Jonathas de Jesus (30, ex-Hannover)
Should get on well with our FBs given they also have long-standing issues with crosses.

:scarfer:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

People talk about us hanging on till January, that's 4 months away at the earliest opportunity to get another in. We ain't talking about just a few weeks away, that's a lot of football and points to fight for. The hope will be the two out and out strikers stay remain both fit and in form (currently only in Hallers case). That doesn't happen, we will suffer to function properly going forward.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

All in all a disappointing two years.

He scored, but not to the extent we hoped. He played, but not to the extent he needed to. He was quickly overtaken by Arnie, and now Haller. I think a combination of things happened, including the style of play employed by the managers he played under, the deference to Andy Carroll, and the need for him to be in the right setup.

At a visceral commercial level, the deal makes sense as we recoup about £12-£15Million in wages saved and transfer fee. The risk taken is big, and is contingent on Haller staying fit.

Goodbye Javier. And good luck in the future.
Universidad-de-Chile

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote:
Should get on well with our FBs given they also have long-standing issues with crosses.

:scarfer:
I agreed.

And I just only picked up some of the list...

There are far much more to choose...

Some even 25 years old or so.... what somehow surprise me at some point...
Ribbot
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ribbot »

Actually, this deal seems too good to be true, did we have to agree to pay his wages off does anyone know?
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Ribbot wrote:Actually, this deal seems too good to be true, did we have to agree to pay his wages off does anyone know?
If he put in a transfer request (which he apparently did) I think that waives his right to be paid any wages, loyalty payments etc
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Get Ben Arfa in. :thup:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

steps wrote:Get Ben Arfa in. :thup:
b*llocks to getting in that inconsistent, mardy tosser with half the ability of our previous mardy tossers. Not that he's a proper Striker in any case.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The club's done well to get £8m and he's always been poor value for the wage.

At the back end of last year, he was down to about 4th choice with Perez and Antonio usually getting off the bench before him.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

I hope he gets over his sickness bug soon so he's available to play for them asap :|
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Earned us a point v Brighton this season, scored the key goals against Newcastle, Burnley & Hudds last season for 9 points, repeated that stat in 17-18

I’m not his biggest fan, but I do wonder where those goals that equate to points are going to now come from AND don’t believe for a second that 8 million will be re-invested

They’ve been done a massive favour the Spanish window closing so soon after the Norwich win

Haller gets a knock, and honestly think many will change their tune
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Journalist Dan Silver just made a good point on twitter, the fact Chicharito has taken such a big wage cut shows once again how chaotic the recruitment policy was under Gold and Sullivan before Pelboy and Husillos arrived.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

e17 wrote:Earned us a point v Brighton this season, scored the key goals against Newcastle, Burnley & Hudds last season for 9 points, repeated that stat in 17-18

I’m not his biggest fan, but I do wonder where those goals that equate to points are going to now come from AND don’t believe for a second that 8 million will be re-invested

They’ve been done a massive favour the Spanish window closing so soon after the Norwich win

Haller gets a knock, and honestly think many will change their tune
They've got to back Ajeti to get a few against teams in the bottom half, which was pretty much Hernandez' forte.

TBH, I much preferred Perez to Hernandez.