Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by hammerman11 »

I doubt we will miss him. a risk but 10m and getting 140k a week of wages off the bill makes it the sensible thing to do. also he is 31 now and will be declining . at last we have a young squad apart from noble who has another season in him, sanchez ,zabaleta and Snodgrass. the last 3 will all leave the club next year when contracts expire.

it will mean that we will need a new fullback unless Johnson does well, two new CM`s and another striker.
so just the four in and maybe a new GK .
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

I think letting him go is the right move. Can’t have been many opportunities to do that. He was a square peg in a round hole costing us a lot of money. Well done and I hope he has a more successful time in Spain.

If we find ourselves short we can recall the free-scoring goal machine that is Jordan Hugill.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

The only one I would consider recalling is diagana ! hughill will be sold asap .
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Does this mean Haller can have number 9?
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

My only concern with this is our lack of depth until Iron Mike and Silva return, we are light.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

we have haller ajeti . If both are out we could play a false nine I guess . how about any of the U23 anyone from them that could step up ?
could we recall diagana hughill ?

failing all that keep praying !
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

We can’t recall anyone until January, but only then if it was written in the loan agreement.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Colours never run wrote: b*llocks to getting in that inconsistent, mardy tosser with half the ability of our previous mardy tossers. Not that he's a proper Striker in any case.
Yeah not a striker. Divisive character but he’s certainly got the ability.

I’m a fan, and I think he’d be an ok punt when considering our free agents in the past (Nasri, Evra, Arbeloa, Nenê).

Out of those lot I think I’ve seen Nasri have one good game (against Arsenal,) but on the whole largely a waste of time.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

hammerman11 wrote:I doubt we will miss him. a risk but 10m and getting 140k a week of wages off the bill makes it the sensible thing to do. also he is 31 now and will be declining . at last we have a young squad apart from noble who has another season in him, sanchez ,zabaleta and Snodgrass. the last 3 will all leave the club next year when contracts expire.

it will mean that we will need a new fullback unless Johnson does well, two new CM`s and another striker.
so just the four in and maybe a new GK .
FYI Snodgrass is now contracted until 2021, with a 12 month option after that
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

£7m is good money and getting him off the wage bill (£145k a week!), however we should've made him ride the bench until January, any injury to Haller and this blows up in our face. Yes he would've sulked but we're now left with only Ajeti to step in.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler ... e&yt0=Show

Current list of out-of-contract forwards, extremely slim pickings. Our old friends Modibo Maiga and Emmanuel Emenike are both looking for a club! :lol:
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Mardy git. Never really wanted to be here. There's a lot of players who've actually given more for the club who we're given far harsher treatment by our support.

Vanity signing by Sullivan, pension boost for Chicha.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Rio wrote:Mardy git. Never really wanted to be here. There's a lot of players who've actually given more for the club who we're given far harsher treatment by our support.

hard to disagree with any of that , im sure Bilic wanted him 2 years earlier but he chose Germany , tends to move every 2 years doesnt he
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Rio wrote:Mardy git. Never really wanted to be here. There's a lot of players who've actually given more for the club who we're given far harsher treatment by our support.

Apparently not, taken from a quote earlier in this thread:

Bilic said he tried to bring Hernandez to West Ham two years ago when he left Manchester United and the Croatian is delighted to finally get his man.

"Chicharito is very important in this project," said Bilic. "When I came to West Ham two years ago and he was leaving United, I wanted him then.

"When he decided to go to Leverkusen, he told me 'sorry' and now after two years, I found out he may leave I called him again. We didn't have to start from zero.

"He is a fantastic player. Very experienced and has been everywhere and has scored goals. He runs, he presses, everything. He was our number one target on our list of strikers."
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

decent goals to minutes ratio, outstanding poacher but never really fit the requirement of what we needed in a target man.

bloke just wanted to play football and never threw his toys out the pram, got us a good deal in the end and took a massive paycut in the process.

all the best chich.
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

Bring Diangana back in January and coach him to play a bit further forward. He was getting into all sorts of good positions in pre-season and already has all the link up play already.

For people who say he'd get bullied by CBs, He's taller and after putting on some muscle bigger than Chicha.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Bilic said he tried to bring Hernandez to West Ham two years ago when he left Manchester United and the Croatian is delighted to finally get his man.

"Chicharito is very important in this project," said Bilic. "When I came to West Ham two years ago and he was leaving United, I wanted him then.

"When he decided to go to Leverkusen, he told me 'sorry' and now after two years, I found out he may leave I called him again. We didn't have to start from zero.

"He is a fantastic player. Very experienced and has been everywhere and has scored goals. He runs, he presses, everything. He was our number one target on our list of strikers."
Didn't he then go and play him on the wing in his first game?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Beavis Danzig wrote:decent goals to minutes ratio, outstanding poacher but never really fit the requirement of what we needed in a target man.

bloke just wanted to play football and never threw his toys out the pram, got us a good deal in the end and took a massive paycut in the process.

all the best chich.
Exactly that.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

As someone posted it on another site, Shinji Okazaki (33) is now a free agent player, as his sign to Málaga collapsed due to disputes with his wages...

https://www.marca.com/futbol/malaga/201 ... b4630.html

Worth a try as a short term solution???

Its a yes from me.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

ITK feedback [Pezza] suggests this couldn't be further from the truth
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

Okazaki on a free, bloody hell yes please, although I would imagine he would be looking for longer than a year