Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by Rio »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:ITK feedback [Pezza] suggests this couldn't be further from the truth
Specsavers feedback (Rio) suggests this is what happened.

It's like Pavlov's dog with you and CNR regarding this subject.
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

was a great signing at the time , a guy who gets limited minutes but a huge success at Man Utd and real Madrid would be a nailed on starter for us however the reality is he is best suited as an impact sub probaly explains why every 2 years he changes clubs , he moves clubs to guarantee starting time however ultimately it always reverts to what he is one of the best in the world at an impact sub.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Rio wrote:
Specsavers feedback (Rio) suggests this is what happened.
Well, that is that then. Case closed!
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Wouldn't touch any of the older (30+) free agents, to be honest. Struggling to think the last time signing someone like that on a free really worked for and benefited us - Zabaleta might be the exception that proves the rule?

Roberto and Martin are going to have bit part roles at most this season, are essentially stopgaps until Trott returns and is deemed ready.
Nasri - never available.
Sanchez - enough said.
Zabaleta - see above.
Evra - Can't even remember a game he played well in.
Arbeloa - whoops.
Razvan Rat - Errrrrm...

Would rather see us use someone like Yarmolenko as our third choice - he started his career as a striker - behind Haller and Ajeti, while we wait on Silva/Antonio returning to fitness. We must also have a youngster in the academy who can be fourth choice if absolutely needed.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Ozza wrote:Okazaki on a free, bloody hell yes please, although I would imagine he would be looking for longer than a year

He signed for Malaga a month ago and they have just released him as they can't afford his wages. He didn't play a league game for them. Not sure if that suggests he wasn't up to the mark or they were already having issues with him regarding wages. If we were getting the 15/16 Okazaki then he'd be a fantastic acquisition on a free for this season, I doubt we would though.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

But you forget the main point, YorksHammer, then it is about to have a cover for Haller and NOT a main target player..

Thats why from your list the half were only bench players and indeed, imho, 50% of them really worked as a gamble.

Narsri, Roberto, Sanchez and Zabaleta has NOT really failed...

As a main target, yes, they are too old. As a B plan, NOT.
Universidad-de-Chile

Patito wrote: He signed for Malaga a month ago and they have just released him as they can't afford his wages. He didn't play a league game for them. Not sure if that suggests he wasn't up to the mark or they were already having issues with him regarding wages. If we were getting the 15/16 Okazaki then he'd be a fantastic acquisition on a free for this season, I doubt we would though.
Hi mate, how its going´... are you doin??. :)

Hes ok, but probably not the Okazaki from 15/16, then, "Whats gone, its gone..."

Still, I see everywhere Bony being named, and Okazaki is a far more better player, imho, for example.

Thats what I just wanted to post... a good alternative..

But a big IF, still...
Patito

Post by Patito »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote: Hi mate, how its going´... are you doin??. :)

Hes ok, but probably not the Okazaki from 15/16, then, "Whats gone, its gone..."

Still, I see everywhere Bony being named, and Okazaki is a far more better player, imho, for example.

Thats what I just wanted to post... a good alternative..

But a big IF, still...

Very good mate thanks and you? :thup:

I thought as much. Especially as Malaga are second division now.
Universidad-de-Chile

Patito wrote:

Very good mate thanks and you? :thup:

I thought as much. Especially as Malaga are second division now.
Good, nice to hear it from you (doin well).

:thup:

:scarfer:
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Excellent player and never saw any attitude problems at all.

People didn't like his mannerisms? A striker has a right to demand the right service - and any pointing or 'petulance' was just him wanting to score as many goals for us as possible.

Probably rightfully thought that if he was going to be bench-surfing, he could be doing that for a better club. But to me he never showed that attitude.

Cheers, Chica.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

We signed Zabaleta from Man City, it was a free transfer, he wasn’t a free agent.

Free transfers and signing players without clubs are two separate things. Hence you can only sign free agents outside of transfer windows.

I see Marchisio Is another player who’s apparently without a club a present. :thup:
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

The disconnect that was always there was quite unusual – watching him playing for Mexico in the World Cup didn't feel remotely like watching a West Ham player turning out for them.

I remember at the time noticing it felt odd, because even someone who might only be on loan, like Joao Mario, you might keep an eye out for when Portugal played.

Not sure what it was, because he never did anything 'wrong'. Just one of those things perhaps.
Last edited by Aceface on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 21212 »

Stick with what we have at present.
Signing players to fill squad numbers is pontless.
We have Haller, Ajeti, Antonio (when fit) and any fourth choice, free signing would get no game time anyway.
Crouchend_Hammer

Aceface wrote:The disconnect that was always there was quite unusual – watching him playing for Mexico in the World Cup didn't feel remotely like watching a West Ham player turning out for them.

I remember at the time noticing it felt odd, because even someone who might only be on loan, like Joao Mario, you might keep an eye out for when Portugal played.

Not sure what it was, because he never did anything 'wrong'. Just one of those things perhaps.
He certainly seemed to divide opinion
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Well, that is that then. Case closed!
Yeah, clearly. 8-)
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

21212 wrote:Stick with what we have at present.
Signing players to fill squad numbers is pontless.
We have Haller, Ajeti, Antonio (when fit) and any fourth choice, free signing would get no game time anyway.
That's you assuming no one else gets injured and Antonio already is for probably the length of time it'll take to get a new replacement in. See how precarious the situation could get...

That's also before Ajeti proves he can hit the ground running like Haller thankfully has.

We've allowed 4 Strikers to leave in one form or another (some I get, some I don't with what's left) with our blessing, with just 2 remaining in the entire squad. Granted we are crammed full of Wide Forwards ( minus Diangana), but actual Strikers, we are down to only 2. It means it also limits our opportunities to play 2 up top should the slightest injury to anyone materialise. That's just a head count, not even considering the proven quality Hernandez clearly possesses.

My little prediction should Haller suffer an injury that keeps him for at least a month, this place would suddenly go into meltdown and understandably so when all that would be left is Ajeti regardless of form.

What's even stranger about this discussion with people trying to paper over the cracks of Hernandez leaving, is we all know we have a long and agonising history with injuries, so you'd think of all Clubs that should be more wary and better prepared than normal, it should be us. Clearly many are now suddenly at ease about our medical dept, even though as recent as last season we still continue to get players back up and running ...
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Have read a few places online suggesting he had been trying to engineer a move away (alongside Perez) back in Jan behind the clubs back.

Probably our front 3 were the ones Noble referenced after the cup exit.
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Rio wrote: Specsavers feedback (Rio) suggests this is what happened.

It's like Pavlov's dog with you and CNR regarding this subject.
The truth is probably a bit of both...never had a reputation here for being problematic for managers, owners, fans, etc, but thinks very highly of himself and always aspires to play at a higher level. His arrogance and mannerisms on the field have never changed, and I've never thought a healthy bit of arrogance as a striker was a bad thing. He could stay and fight for 2nd pole or he could go to a club with Europa league games with a manager known for rotation, and maybe his 31 year old legs last a bit longer with this move as well. The hour drive to the beach in Cadiz so his wife can update her Instagram photos and promote brands probably didn't hurt the decision making process either.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

isn't his partner either pregnant or just had a nipper ? wants them more comfortable living in a Spanish speaking country.

Sevilla isn't a bad place to live either is it ?

took a pay cut to go there, so he can't be a complete dickhead can he ?
Crouchend_Hammer

No idea what bearing it has, but his wife is Australian