Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Gazwhu66
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Gazwhu66 »

And I would wager that it will be way, way below 120M
Tezza65
Has liked: 1932 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Gazwhu66 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:00 am And I would wager that it will be way, way below 120M
It will probably be an undisclosed fee under Sullivan :lol:
DublinDave
Has liked: 2724 likes
Total likes: 1756 likes

Post by DublinDave »

fmgod wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:56 pm Rice as a dm is world class and may get even better, when he trys play box to box he is still a half-decent player about half what it is and thus probably belongs at a top ten but not the best, whoever gets him and even he needs to learn that if he plays one role brilliant that helps the team win and not trying to play three roles as his overall game is that level
I've been banging this drum for over a year now.
Declan is a world class DM.
He isn't Stevie G.
He's a young man, only just 24. At that age you think you're invincible & can do anything.
If he moves to a "big" team, he'll be told to stay in his little box & do what he's world class at, why else would they pay big money for him..?
If he truly wants to be a swashbuckling midfield general, he's far more chance of developing that side of his game with us than he does anywhere else...
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3084 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Good point about Man United and their takeover. Rice is the next marquee English player, the next marketable lad.

Kane is the captain and best player, Rashford is young and impressive, but Rice and Bellingham are the next high-profile lads. Both amiable, genuine, enthusiastic and very talented.

I can see him being a big piece of the puzzle for a club looking to rebrand. Bellingham isn’t going to Man United, so they could throw big money at Rice.

I don’t want Man United to be taken over by the Qataris, but the benefit could be stupid spending, attention grabbing transfers. Rice is one of the names that make that kind of splash.

He doesn’t have to be a sitting DM, he just has to be used in a way that accentuates his defensive strengths.

I think City would make him a better player - although you’re gambling on Pep staying longer term - as he’d play a lot more on the front foot. But he can be a City or Liverpool player without losing what he excels at as they’d be using him to defend on the front foot. His defensive awareness and understanding of where danger is and how to position himself can be really important for a dynamic team that are looking to defend higher. He’d also probably have to start attacks more, and his passing from deep, central areas isn’t always excellent.

Just because he’s not Gerrard or Lampard doesn’t mean he has to sit, it just means he has to be about using his strengths.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Problem with Quataris spending so much would be yet more transfer fee inflation overall.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Has anyone else noticed that it is the Mirror is really pushing Rice to Arsenal a lot now? A few by Dan Marsh (Millwall fan), Josh O'Brien (Arsenal fan)

This month:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... m-29350960
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... m-29557766
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-29563219
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-29546160
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-29546400
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... m-29472303
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-29580225
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-29585793

That is just a quick browse. And none of those have any quotes or actual facts about anything to do with Rice. Just ex Arsenal players (Wilshire) and other ex players (Murphy) giving their opinion on how Rice should go to Arsenal or how Rice should leave West Ham. Or just the most ridiculous way of linking Arteta, Arsenal, Rice together, like "Arteta happy none of his players injured, while Rice scores for England, who Arteta wants".

Media are trying hard to make this happen. There has been no words from any club, player or agents. This is all media and talking heads pushing this imo. When he leaves It will be to a team who challenges PL and CL each season. For now Arsenal haven't won the PL for 19 years.

Just a pattern I noticed. Excuse the waffling.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

**** rag anyway.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

He's a very good player and can play at a more successful team than West Ham. I don't think he is captaincy material at the moment though and my opinion is he's been a poor leader of the team this season at a time when we have desperately been in need of it. I don't blame Rice for being captain, I blame the person who appointed him.

Where he ends up, I really couldn't care. It's a big loss for the side and club generally as we can pretty much guarantee Sullivan will do his usual third rate job at negotiations and what money we do get we'll soon enough be informed is already accounted for.

Sadly, I'm just bored with Rice now. I don't like him as much as I did when he was younger and that has nothing to do with him leaving. He's just not matured into the type of public personality that I care for. That's just my view, others will take the opposite view and they are entitled to it.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 950 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

Gazwhu66 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:00 am And I would wager that it will be way, way below 120M
Whatever it is, we won't gain as it will go towards money we wasted on high profile signings that haven't worked.

:x
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It'll go straight in to Sullivans pocket before he sells up.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:52 pm **** rag anyway.
They're all **** rags.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

If he goes then get mctominay and Philips in as improvements to the dude snd squad. Neither are as good but with these two we would be stronger overall
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:23 pm It'll go straight in to Sullivans pocket before he sells up.
The money would belong to West Ham United not Sullivan. A divvy-up to take the money out of the club would be as a dividend in proportion to shareholding.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Maybe sullys day of screwing the club could be over with kretkinsky looking to take over
Joffrey
Has liked: 110 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Joffrey »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:00 pm The money would belong to West Ham United not Sullivan. A divvy-up to take the money out of the club would be as a dividend in proportion to shareholding.
The money would probably be used to improve the finances of the club, making it more profitable for Sullivan when he sells, rather than 100% of it being invested in a replacement. Actually maybe 15% should go to improving the academy and covering some of the ongoing costs there.

Please go abroad Dec.
Take It to the Limit
Has liked: 1201 likes
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by Take It to the Limit »

If he still wants away, all I can still muster is thank you and goodbye I’m afraid. All I care about is the money we’ll get. Similar to how he’ll view his salary and potential silverware.
We move on…
Might sound harsh but he’s made his feelings pretty clear for some time now.
I’ll find it much much harder when the likes of Lanzini, Fornals etc… leave.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1039 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

He’ll be another Rio, Joe Cole, Lampard, Carrick, Defoe, Johnson errrr Parker..ince paul Allen erm Martin peters erm Bobby Moore if he ends up at Arsenal… no wait - I think I’ll just go off him now to save my feelings for when the inevitable happens. I just can’t bare it - just so unimaginable. Curse you footballing gods.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Im just waiting for our £100m “best in his position in the world” captain marvel to take the game by the scruff of the neck here.

Or at least show some passion.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

sendô wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:29 pm Im just waiting for our £100m “best in his position in the world” captain marvel to take the game by the scruff of the neck here.

We have to have the ball for that to happen.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

sendô wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:29 pm Im just waiting for our £100m “best in his position in the world” captain marvel to take the game by the scruff of the neck here.

Of all players to single out…