Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Oldun
Has liked: 172 likes
Total likes: 563 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Oldun »

Metal Hammer wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:05 pm If he wants to win things then us emulating Spurs wouldn't make him stay :crylol:
Two different things there ,first was about getting into the Champions League which Spurs have done regularly the second part was saying that Kane had made a mistake in not realising that Spurs was not going to win anything and signing a long term contract and although he plays regular Champions League he has nothing in club success.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

It's been hinted at and on the cards that he would be heading to pastures new in the summer coming - and as yet, with typical short-sightedness of this club - and I include board and management in that - that we made the absolutely preposterous decision to make a player that I am 100% certain has told the board and manager his intention, as well as refuse to sign a new deal, club captain.

It should never have been given to him, and whether it was done as a sweetener to try and get him to stay, only they will no - but as soon as he made his intentions clear (which he would have done to board and management), he should have just been made a player with no responsibility other than to play his best.

As honourable as people are by saying that he just answered a question - make no mistake, that was his biggest "come and get me" yet.

He isn't stupid, he knew exactly what he was doing - and in full view, he has in effect handed in a transfer request via the media.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Dec, but knock the badge kissing on the head now - to carry on will put you in the "****" territory. Well, for me at least.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Get rid of him ASAP. Direspectful prick.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

What’s the difference between what Rice said and Bowen at Hull saying he wants to play in the Premier League?

I also think we need to start planning the summer recruitment now, let’s start preparing for it so we’re ready to get going and there’s no hangover.
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:20 pm Get rid of him ASAP. Direspectful prick.
And so it begins.
floydie_hammer
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by floydie_hammer »

For a bunch of supporters who say we back our players we are quick to put the boot into some of them. Rice should be gotten rid of because he said he wanted to win trophies? Right oh :crylol:
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

floydie_hammer wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:56 pm He got asked about playing at the top level because he's at a world cup. I don't think it's unfair for him to mention how he's seen other England players win things and say he wants to win trophies as well. It's not like he put in a transfer request live from the press conference
I disagree, he’s captain of West Ham United football club, reiterating his desire to play in the Champions League and win trophies is all well and good, but in the middle of a WC Campaign and a season in which the threat of relegation is very real is not the time nor the place. He’s the leader of our dressing room, don’t think our players won’t see that.
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:20 pm Get rid of him ASAP. Direspectful prick.
Perhaps he should be like the hero Dicanio who kissed the badge regularly,tried to get a move to Man U and then pissed off as soon as we got relegated.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

DL, absolutely bang on the nose

Rank bad management giving him the captaincy, time and again they’ve put the needs of Declan Rice before the needs of West Ham, giving him experience of captaincy knowing he’s leaving and massively inexperienced in it leading to no long term consistency for our dressing room.

I also think they’ve allowed him to play a slightly amended role pushing forward more this season to the detriment of the sides performance, he’s best when he sits in front of the back line for us and breaks up play, get him back to basics for our sake.

Also spot on regards kissing the badge, turn it in lad
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

HammerPDC wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:24 pm I disagree, he’s captain of West Ham United football club, reiterating his desire to play in the Champions League and win trophies is all well and good, but in the middle of a WC Campaign and a season in which the threat of relegation is very real is not the time nor the place. He’s the leader of our dressing room, don’t think our players won’t see that.
I don’t have a shred of doubt he won’t come back giving 110% like he always does. And imo, I like how he gives honest answers to questions but he’s said this before, we’re only picking up on it as we’re in a World Cup and everything is amplified.

The threat of relegation certainly isn’t at Declan’s door also.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

-DL- wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:13 pmclub captain.

It should never have been given to him, and whether it was done as a sweetener to try and get him to stay, only they will no - but as soon as he made his intentions clear (which he would have done to board and management), he should have just been made a player with no responsibility other than to play his best.
Not that I disagree with the rest, though I’m probably less vehement than you about it but this to me was always the wrong decision. It was school playground stuff.

Even on field captain I’d question given his outbursts (a couple of times while play was on going). Reeked of what he wanted rather than what was good for the club.

That could hurt us again when he goes with no obvious candidate. Noble coming back will help I guess.
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

And please remember Bobby Moore wanted a move to Spurs when he was our captain but because there was no freedom of contract he was made to stay .
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

Moyes would’ve got pelters had he made Cresswell captain after Frankfurt. The second in line was Fabianski and half the fan base don’t even rate him.

Should he be captain? A fair debate that one, but a decision I do understand on behalf of the manager.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

He's a fully grown man. He shouldn't be talking about anything other than the World Cup.
What be did to Ireland was bad. Very bad. Nobody can deny this (not anyone with with any scruples anyway)
Unforgivable. And so it now begins... so called West Ham fans with small club mentality saying its perfectly acceptable for him to go to Chelsea or Spurs.
Last edited by Hugh Jargon on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

He shouldn't be saying all that publicly, and he shouldn't have been made club captain if it was a given that he was going.
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

HammerPDC wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:28 pm DL, absolutely bang on the nose

Rank bad management giving him the captaincy, time and again they’ve put the needs of Declan Rice before the needs of West Ham, giving him experience of captaincy knowing he’s leaving and massively inexperienced in it leading to no long term consistency for our dressing room.

I also think they’ve allowed him to play a slightly amended role pushing forward more this season to the detriment of the sides performance, he’s best when he sits in front of the back line for us and breaks up play, get him back to basics for our sake.

Also spot on regards kissing the badge, turn it in lad
Who would you have given the captaincy to ?
hammers92

Post by hammers92 »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:31 pm And so it now begins... so called West Ham fans with small club mentality saying its perfectly acceptable for him to go to Chelsea or Spurs.
I mean not one poster has said that but ok.
floydie_hammer
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by floydie_hammer »

HammerPDC wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:24 pm I disagree, he’s captain of West Ham United football club, reiterating his desire to play in the Champions League and win trophies is all well and good, but in the middle of a WC Campaign and a season in which the threat of relegation is very real is not the time nor the place. He’s the leader of our dressing room, don’t think our players won’t see that.
If you go back and watch what he says he doesn't say he wants to win the champions league he says he wants to play at the top level and win trophies, which at the moment means playing for his country and trying to win a world cup, having nearly won a euro trophy with England last time. He only mentions champs league as something other players in the squad have won.

And the rest of our squad have bigger issues than what Dec is or isn't saying at the world cup. Bowens not going to suddenly start scoring again if Dec says he never wants to leave west ham.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 873 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Jeezo
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:31 pm He's a fully grown man. He shouldn't be talking about anything other than the World Cup.
What be did to Ireland was bad. Very bad. Nobody can deny this (not anyone with with any scruples anyway)
Unforgivable. And so it now begins... so called West Ham fans with small club mentality saying its perfectly acceptable for him to go to Chelsea or Spurs.
Who said that about him going to Spurs is ok ?