Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Colours never run »

I really hope he stays and if we don't get a suitable fee we're after, I see him staying. However, should he leave I would like it to be Inter Milan.

They are back to being a powerhouse in both Europe and at home once more competing on all fronts. And certainly more likely to win trophies and get in the Champions League than say Arsenal. I also strongly believe Serie A is getting back to being a very difficult, credible League to win. They will also likely have the big money we're looking for. He will be playing with some of Europe's best players too and think the Italian winning mentality would do him the world of good for when he cokes back to play for England. I believe he'd learn so much and elevate his game further especially in mentality.

It also means that not only would England benefit from his experiences out in Italy, it would also mean it preserves his legacy at West Ham. I also believe the Italians would adore him and look after him extremely well and he'd absolutely love it playing in the San Siro as the new big money star man.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Morocco Mole wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:39 pm I’m astonished how many people on here want us to sign Maguire who can’t get into that team.
I think there’s Been a fallout with Maguire and the manager. There’s no way that he gets ignored at CH in favour of Shaw. If we want Maguire, we will get him cheap as I think they just want him out the club.

I previously questioned Man Utd playing Casemiro and Rice. I think the one to be worried is Casemiro . He would struggle to get in the team based on todays performance.
Last edited by Believer on Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

CNR that’s a load of cobblers. They’ve **** housed their way to the final through a ridiculously lucky draw and haven’t got a pot to piss in.

I can guarantee my life he won’t go to Inter, nor will they ever, ever, have the money to afford him.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2951 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Colours never run wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:48 pm I really hope he stays and if we don't get a suitable fee we're after, I see him staying. However, should he leave I would like it to be Inter Milan.
:eh:

Inter, who 1 1/2 years ago had to take a €275m loan from a US hedge fund to stay afloat on high rising interest rates, which is due at the end of next season.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

hammers92 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:59 pm CNR that’s a load of cobblers. They’ve **** housed their way to the final through a ridiculously lucky draw and haven’t got a pot to piss in.

I can guarantee my life he won’t go to Inter, nor will they ever, ever, have the money to afford him.
There's been a lot of talk in recent times of a possible takeover at Inter Milan so to take advantage of the Suning Group who may decide to sell up. Should that happen then I can see the likes of a Bahrain led group affording him.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

paulhs1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:46 pm Theres clearly a player in there, the number of England caps he has is testament to that.

I think theres very much a chance that Moyes could do a Dawson on Maguire and bring him back to his pre 2018 world cup levels
Maguire perpetuates the low block/counter attack.

If we’re going to carry on with that then fine, he’ll be great.
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

I'm starting to think we should hit the reset button across the board when Dec leaves. We are clearly in wholesale transition at this point. It just becomes a case of how quickly we push the process. My two cents re: Maguire, there was a player in there. That player has taken too much damage. Not for me.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3054 likes

Post by MB »

It is a good point Pete. Taking Rice out of our team is going to expose so many cracks. If we just try and reshuffle the midfield then I fear we will fall short.

As for Maguire, I like him as a player and think the price tag etc got in the way. At the same time it feels like a move Everton would make rather than one of the progressive clubs I’d like us to emulate.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:31 pm I'm not convinced that Man United are in a particularly strong position, to be honest.

Neither Casemiro, nor Eriksen, imposed themselves today, even for a spell in the game.

Sancho and Rashford were largely ineffective, too.

De Gea too easily beaten at least once.

Neither CB even at the level of Akanji, still less Stones, who frankly took the p**s out of them today.
Still believe they have the second strongest squad in the PL behind City.

Given they have Casemiro Rice for me is not a huge “need” for them but add Kane (especially), Mount and another CB and I believe they would be the most likely one to mount a serious challenge. A proper striker like Kane could come close to bridging a lot of the gaps the way Haaland has taken City to a new level with the options he offers them. They do not score that first goal last year.
johnnyboy123
Has liked: 352 likes
Total likes: 267 likes

Post by johnnyboy123 »

paulhs1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:46 pm Theres clearly a player in there, the number of England caps he has is testament to that.

I think theres very much a chance that Moyes could do a Dawson on Maguire and bring him back to his pre 2018 world cup levels
I can cope as long as we pay a Dawson price for him, but not what Man Utd will want for him/against Rice's value.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Kialos wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:59 am Arsenal are fur coat and no knickers.

How many times have we heard the old "they've got a great young talented team" line over the years?

They basically went on a fantastic run but when push came to shove they came up short. And that is without any European football to contend with.

Not that dissimilar to West Ham the two seasons before last, albeit never reaching top of the league but certainly within a whisker of CL places whilst contending with European games one of those seasons.
They had European football, and ballsed that up as well.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Just popping in to say "f*** arsenal and all who sail in her"
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

johnnyboy123 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:28 pm I can cope as long as we pay a Dawson price for him, but not what Man Utd will want for him/against Rice's value.
That’s really silly. There’s simply no comparison between Dawson and Maguire. Who says he will even want to come here?
johnnyboy123
Has liked: 352 likes
Total likes: 267 likes

Post by johnnyboy123 »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:39 pm That’s really silly. There’s simply no comparison between Dawson and Maguire. Who says he will even want to come here?
Not really, I don't rate Maguire at all, and paulhs1 himself compared his style as similar to Dawson.

Maguire is too error prone, too slow, and too old to pay decent money for. If we spend £30m on him now, in 2 or 3 year's time we'll need to do exactly the same to replace him. With such an old squad we can't afford to make such short term purchases if we want to move the squad forward.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

johnnyboy123 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:20 pm Not really, I don't rate Maguire at all, and paulhs1 himself compared his style as similar to Dawson.

Maguire is too error prone, too slow, and too old to pay decent money for. If we spend £30m on him now, in 2 or 3 year's time we'll need to do exactly the same to replace him. With such an old squad we can't afford to make such short term purchases if we want to move the squad forward.
Point of order.....I said 'Moyes could do a Dawson on Maguire", meaning he could turn around the players fortunes. I wasnt talking about playing styles.

As you were :newthumb:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

One more game, one more game Declan Rice (by Paul Walker)
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44608
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

“Leaving for Champions League and to win trophies”

I will certainly be having a bet at the start of the season that Arsenal win nothing next year and don’t make top 4.

Poor move if that’s indeed where he ends up.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Unless it’s a big bid can’t see how we would accept anything this early
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Romfordboy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:51 am

Unless it’s a big bid can’t see how we would accept anything this early
If we've got a gentleman's agreement that we accept a bid of £120m and they come straight in with £120m then we should accept it.

Gives us plenty of time to replace him.

Though I'm fairly sure this story is nonsense.
Colours never run

100%. That was the agreement and have no issue with that if the valuation has been met. If he doesn't fancy it and ultimately decides against signing for them, then that's up to Rice and more than happy should he prefer to stay.