Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Patcho
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Patcho »

Colours never run wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:49 pm Yep, 10 years after Chelsea, his beloved boyhood Club remember, chucked him on the scrapheap only for West Ham to save him.
the guy I quoted compared it to the Ireland situation which is just a nonsense.
LongShot
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by LongShot »

Fernandez for 105m makes Rice going there in the summer increasingly unlikely. Jorginho to Arsenal also a good sign - he’ll be on a hefty weekly wage and now they are stocked for CMs.

Really only the Manchester clubs we need to worry about in the Summer. Will be go to City to sit on the bench, or go to the graveyard of OT?

I don’t see Liverpool being a good fit.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

LongShot wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:26 pm Fernandez for 105m makes Rice going there in the summer increasingly unlikely. Jorginho to Arsenal also a good sign - he’ll be on a hefty weekly wage and now they are stocked for CMs.

Really only the Manchester clubs we need to worry about in the Summer. Will be go to City to sit on the bench, or go to the graveyard of OT?

Chelsea will be well involved in the summer. Fernandez might be a really good signing but they won't want to go into next season with a increasingly unavailable Kante and Kovacic as the best options for his partner.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

It’s interesting that Arsenal pursued Caicedo so heavily but didn’t appear to test us on Rice. Would suggest he’s given indications he’s not moving now, or that we’re not likely to play ball.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Colours never run wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:49 pm Yep, 10 years after Chelsea, his beloved boyhood Club remember, chucked him on the scrapheap only for West Ham to save him.
I've never got on board with this line of thinking. We took him in the hope of profiting from his potential talent, not out of the goodness of our hearts.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

LongShot wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:26 pm Fernandez for 105m makes Rice going there in the summer increasingly unlikely. Jorginho to Arsenal also a good sign - he’ll be on a hefty weekly wage and now they are stocked for CMs.

He won’t go north.
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

Has anyone ever put a bid in for him ?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

not yet but they are coming on july 1st ! we need to enjoy whilst we can. he needs to have our 100% support and up his game and lead us to mid table safety and win the ECL.

arsenal or chelsea are the favourites for him although I reckon he fancies a bit of old trafford . we shall see .

starting price of 110m
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

My thoughts as well. Both Chelsea and Arsenal seem overly stocked now with talented 'defensive' midfielders. City perhaps in a deal with us getting Phillips? Liverpool have a need. Newcastle? Spurs?
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Chelsea seem to have unlimited funds
i can see them wanting to pair Fernandez with Rice as they look to re-emerge as contenders next season
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

If Chelsea's deal for Fernandez is ruled timed out and they try again for him in the summer under the new FFP rules, where would that leave Rice?
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

'stone hammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:47 am I've never got on board with this line of thinking. We took him in the hope of profiting from his potential talent, not out of the goodness of our hearts.
Not sure how you derived that interpretation from CNR's post. Fact is Chelshite did discard him and we did pick him up off the scrap heap.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Vic_Watson wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:28 pm we did pick him up off the scrap heap.
He has confirmed he had several options. They chose West Ham.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I feel he'll go Real Madrid and go for an absolute song and love it.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Colours never run wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:47 pm I feel he'll go Real Madrid and go for an absolute song and love it.
Not next move he won't

He is like harry kane in the sense he is a real home bod. Loves his family, mates, where he grew up etc. He had a baby four months ago. As i understand it, he would rather not even move out of London if he can help it
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

'stone hammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:47 am I've never got on board with this line of thinking. We took him in the hope of profiting from his potential talent, not out of the goodness of our hearts.
No, I believe we took him on after running the rule over him and deciding there's enough raw talent to make him in to a quality player for both our sake and ultimately his. Not because we pitied him.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Might just be me, but I dont want to see any club filling the role, he's off in the summer regardless, I want to see as many clubs in the frenzy as possible to get the price as high as possible.

And I really dont care where he goes.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 950 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

If Arsenal want Rice, we should demand £80m plus Thomas Partey.

:smiler:
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Colours never run wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:51 pm No, I believe we took him on after running the rule over him and deciding there's enough raw talent to make him in to a quality player for both our sake and ultimately his. Not because we pitied him.
Yes exactly, and we wouldn't have done it if there were nothing in it for West Ham. It just feels disingenuous to say we 'saved' him as if it were some kind of charitable act. He doesn't owe us anything.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

If Sullivan sells Rice, he will pocket the lot and do one.