Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

RichV WHUFC
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by RichV WHUFC »

Hasn't shown any signs he wants to leave? He couldn't have been clearer.

Good luck to him. Hopefully with the extension we'll get a decent price and not waste it.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1583 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by I am Legend »

hammers92 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:33 pm Not really. We’ll accept bids from those who pay what we’re asking for.

The caveat is a Chelsea bid as that’s where he would “prefer” to go.
He said "if I had to support a team and not be a player, I'd support West Ham". So he is as much a West Ham fan as his family is Chelsea. So all the Chelsea talk is rumours by talking heads, media and nobodies on social media. Everyone has just been worn down and taught to expect it. Whilst there is no proof to any of it.

We don't accept bids do we though? Name a top player we were forced to sell other than Payet for ridiculous circumstances and ultimatums? Parker was a gentlemen's agreement, keep us up and you can go to club you support. Bellamy was a **** show. Rio, Lampard, Carrick, Cole, Johnson, that was when we had no financial clout. We are a top 17 richest clubs in the world. We dont have to accept any bids unless they exceed our valuation.

Teams don't often come knocking for our best players (Bowen, Reid, Arnie, Lanzini, Payet, etc) because we can offer high wages and can pay big transfer fees. Unlike Brighton, Brentford etc who buy cheap and sell big. Teams have to pay over the odds for our best players because we usually paid big and pay well.
I am Legend

Post by I am Legend »

RichV WHUFC wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:49 pm Hasn't shown any signs he wants to leave? He couldn't have been clearer.

Good luck to him. Hopefully with the extension we'll get a decent price and not waste it.
What signs? He hasn't asked for a transfer. He hasn't dipped his effort. He seems up for it every game and takes his captaincy seriously. He is the perfect pro, which is all we can ask for.

All he has said is what every player says. He want's to win trophies and challenge. Who doesn't?

And you know we'll waste it. When have we got a big sum and not wasted it or failed to replace said player?
steps
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by steps »

I am Legend wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:53 pm So he is as much a West Ham fan as his family is Chelsea. So all the Chelsea talk is rumours by talking heads, media and nobodies on social media. Everyone has just been worn down and taught to expect it. Whilst there is no proof to any of it.
Not sure about his family, but as a kid Rice was a Wimbledon fan.

There’s a famous pic of him on the pitch after they beat Kingstonian (?) to stay up on the last day of the season circa 2010 ish.
I am Legend

Post by I am Legend »

steps wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:01 pm Not sure about his family, but as a kid Rice was a Wimbledon fan.

There’s a famous pic of him on the pitch after they beat Kingstonian (?) to stay up on the last day of the season circa 2010 ish.
Not seen that pic but good for him. So he's a West Ham/Wimbledon fan with a Chelsea family....unfortunately you can't choose your family :grin:
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1774 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I’m never ever ITK and I’m not claiming it now but I know someone very close to his family who has said that, IF an offer comes from Chelsea, he would like the club to accept it.

Until then, and until any offer comes in, he’ll be giving 150% to try and win us a trophy. They’ll be no downing of tools or reduced effort because he cares about West Ham and wants the very best for it.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

hammers92 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:14 pm I’m never ever ITK and I’m not claiming it now but I know someone very close to his family who has said that, IF an offer comes from Chelsea, he would like the club to accept it.

Until then, and until any offer comes in, he’ll be giving 150% to try and win us a trophy. They’ll be no downing of tools or reduced effort because he cares about West Ham and wants the very best for it.

Another respected poster on here said the same, almost word for word a while ago.

There's no smoke without fire.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1774 likes

Post by hammers92 »

S-H wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:17 pm Another respected poster on here said the same, almost word for word a while ago.

There's no smoke without fire.
The main thing is Rice is desperate to lift a trophy and make history with us. And that’s quite clear in his performances.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

DenziMart wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:18 am Him joining Arsenal was seen as a joke a year back, now it's being seen as a realistic proposition due to them having a good season. Makes you wonder what would have happened had we strengthened last Winter when we were 4th and managed to get into Champions League.
100%
RichV WHUFC
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by RichV WHUFC »

What are you trying to say? That he wants to stay? If he did he'd have signed the big contract he was offered.

I agree he's a perfect pro and had we have got Champions League I think he would have seriously considered staying. But we haven't so I'm sure he will now want to join the best club he possibly can. I wish him well. Just such a pity we got so close but didn't quite get there.

I certainly don't think it's all doom and gloom going forward. We have signed some very good players and If Dec leaves I'm sure we will sign some more.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Does he stay if we win the Conference league?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

carnage wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:38 pm Does he stay if we win the Conference league?
I reckon he does, for another year.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Mason Mount contract talks are stalling as he apparently wants £250k PW
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

carnage wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:38 pm Does he stay if we win the Conference league?
For me he only stays if we don't get a suitable offer. That's a much easier sell if we have won a trophy and have Europe next year.

Dreading the £75m bid, we don't accept and Rice deep down wants to move. Then a month of limbo.

Whatever happens we must be clear with Dec and suitors.
This is the value and this is the deadline to receive such bid.
Otherwise we will talk to you next year.
Robin Banks
Has liked: 264 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by Robin Banks »

Ozza wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:46 pm Mason Mount contract talks are stalling as he apparently wants £250k PW
Was just about to post the same thing...Mount has always been the biggest reason given for Dec wanting to move to Chelsea, now he's rumoured to be on his way out would Dec still really want to go there? Or are they both planning to end up at the same club somewhere else in the country? Not sure playing at the same club would mean as much if they're not both playing regularly together. I don't work with any of my best mates and it wouldn't make my job any better if they were there, but then none of my mates are the best DM in the world :lol:
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Robin Banks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:20 pm Was just about to post the same thing...Mount has always been the biggest reason given for Dec wanting to move to Chelsea,
Not sure this is true.
Think it's more a case of the London club with exception trophy success of the past 2 decades.
Sure there is likely a element of it would be nice to play alongside Mount. But he isn't choosing a new club because his :newthumb: Friend :newthumb: plays there imo.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

He'll only be 24 when the January transfer window opens in 2024.

Win a trophy, watch us sign a small number of very good players in the summer and then give it a go next year in the Europa and PL? It's plausible.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1077 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Ozza wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:46 pm Mason Mount contract talks are stalling as he apparently wants £250k PW
Id probably want similar money to those around me if i was player of the year 2 seasons in a row too.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I don't think so, no

But, of course, it does depend which clubs make concrete offers.

ImHO this summer is the first transfer window where us as a club will not flatly refuse everything, and the player is open to moving - and so official bids will be forthcoming
MilkyBarKid16
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by MilkyBarKid16 »

I've resigned myself to us selling him in the summer, but I'm more worried about us not replacing him quickly enough. If his sale goes on for too long, the club will dither over signing another midfielder. We'll have the money to do so even without what we'll get for Rice, but him leaving will be doubly worse if the club hang on in the hope he doesn't leave and then end up with really light midfield when he does go.