Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2949 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:24 pm Arsenal have three genuinely very good players, possibly four if we're including Saliba who I rate.

They had their chance this year, they bombed. It's a stupid move.
Arsenal have a ton of talent, will get more in the summer and most importantly got a squad that makes sense, has all the ingredients to get better collectively, while all of their competitors, City excluded, are at the first or second stage of retooling. And maybe most importantly, Declan fits football-wise like a glove to their team.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

West Ham are looking to bring in a director of football and potential candidates have been informed Declan Rice will be sold this summer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... fiorentina
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 949 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

Pure speculation on my part but I reckon Rice goes to Arsenal and we get two or three players as part of the deal.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:06 pm Arsenal have a ton of talent, will get more in the summer and most importantly got a squad that makes sense, has all the ingredients to get better collectively, while all of their competitors, City excluded, are at the first or second stage of retooling. And maybe most importantly, Declan fits football-wise like a glove to their team.
I just don't think they're that good.

Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard and Saliba are the only four who I think are title challenging players.

Everyone else feels like they're top 8 players.

There's a reason Man City got rid of Zinchenko and Jesus, Tierney's decent but that's it. Gabriel got bullied by Antonio, Ben White is okay.

Xhaka and Partey is a weaker midfield than ours.

Ramsdale is average.
The Straw
Has liked: 550 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:06 pm Arsenal have a ton of talent, will get more in the summer and most importantly got a squad that makes sense, has all the ingredients to get better collectively, while all of their competitors, City excluded, are at the first or second stage of retooling. And maybe most importantly, Declan fits football-wise like a glove to their team.
You absolutely love Arsenal.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

There's a small number of people on here who behave like they are on commission.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:23 pm I just don't think they're that good.

Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard and Saliba are the only four who I think are title challenging players.

There's a reason Man City got rid of Zinchenko and Jesus, Tierney's decent but that's it. Gabriel got bullied by Antonio, Ben White is okay.

Ramsdale is average.
Partey shouldn’t even be playing football.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

If we win the ECL and Moyes stays on then he will have a say in all this and as it stands he doesn't want him to go
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2949 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:23 pm I just don't think they're that good.

Ramsdale is average.
Agree with those four at elite level. Zinchenko is a class-player. Took the challenge to go from City and thrieved under it. Super smart on the ball. Jesus also showed that there is a positive edge in his game before getting injured. Ramsdale is a top-keeper (in the making).

They've got the base that is needed to remain around the Top-3/4. From that on you need a bit of luck with injuries and you have to hit your two major signings each season. If they get both, Caicedo and Declan, they are THE side below City, as long as United don't make a significant jump and/or not playing twice a week turns Chelsea completely on a rocket under Poch (but a lot has to come right there at the same time).
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

It's genuinely disgusting that ahead of a European Cup Final we are still reading articles about our club captain being sold and DoF candidates being told he's off.

Clubs. Agents. Media. They should all be told to go f*** themselves, publicly. This week of all weeks.

What is the point in our football club.
TheGavnor
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by TheGavnor »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:45 pm It's genuinely disgusting that ahead of a European Cup Final we are still reading articles about our club captain being sold and DoF candidates being told he's off.

Clubs. Agents. Media. They should all be told to go **** themselves, publicly. This week of all weeks.

What is the point in our football club.
Only riposte for us now is for him to lift the trophy
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1566 likes

Post by alf git »

Legend is an oft misused word. Never more so than when applied to footballers.
The hayfield
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by The hayfield »

The north London propaganda machine is going all out to unsettle west ham and Declan rice . For according to them is such an insignificant trophy. Do they know something we don't ? .
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I just don’t agree. I think they’ll do well to get top four next season
Last edited by jacko on Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

paulhs1 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:37 pm If we win the ECL and Moyes stays on then he will have a say in all this and as it stands he doesn't want him to go
But how can he not go, he would have to sign some kind of contract to stay
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

alf git wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:56 pm Legend is an oft misused word. Never more so than when applied to footballers.
My pet unicorn agrees!
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

jacko wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:11 pm I just don’t agree. I think they’ll do well to get top four next.
12 points from their last 9 league games and now 2 games a week to contend with and all with a fairly small squad once you get beyond the starting 11.

Theres a possibility that Arsenal are competing with City again but theres also a possibility that the #Artetaout brigade is in full swing around Christmas time.
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

Romfordboy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:17 pm But how can he not go, he would have to sign some kind of contract to stay
Moyes has 1 year left, Rice has 1 year with a 1 year extension, who are you referring too?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

jacko wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:11 pm I just don’t agree. I think they’ll do well to get top four next season
Liverpool will definitely improve.

Newcastle will maintain their top 4, and

Ten Hag will have navigated his first season, with a cup or two in the newly polished trophy cabinet.

Emery will definitely fancy a tilt at it, and

Pochettino could be the one to get a tune out of the bloated squad Chelsea have.