Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 524 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Denzil »

Ozza wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:18 pm Hey Den how you doing?

Agree with you totally by the way
:crylol:

All good Ozza mate, all set for Christmas?
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1366 likes
Total likes: 984 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

I'll be disappointed to see him leave but I now consider myself to be a veteran of witnessing home-grown talent finding pastures new. For me, right back to 1988 when Tony Cottee moved to Everton. For others, much longer.

I think it was John Simkin who wrote a piece on here highlighting the fact we've always been a selling club, even back in the 1920s.

As far as I'm concerned he's conducted himself very well and I wish him all the best.

Far too good a player to be associated with the circus that is West Ham United.
Phil S
Has liked: 447 likes
Total likes: 382 likes

Post by Phil S »

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1948 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

WestHamLyallStyle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:20 pm I think it was John Simkin who wrote a piece on here highlighting the fact we've always been a selling club, even back in the 1920s.
Shea, Puddefoot and S Bishop to name but 3.

When we played Everton in the semi final of the FA Cup in ‘33 their team cost £30k (about £3m now) and ours £2k.

Interesting post above about Rio speaking to Brown. Think Wenger said that squad should’ve been title contenders.

It’s never been so much as the club going into the red, more our owners wanting to make money on selling the club but not investing their own money a la GSB.
Ariksan
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ariksan »

It was bound to happen when surrounded by all his colleagues who play for the perceived top 4. No surprise there for me. The World Cup is the perfect environment to have his team mates casually tap him up off the record.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Oldun wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:56 pm Which sort of proves my point ,if we got in the champions league like Spurs did perhaps we could have been able to keep Rice like they have kept Kane ,although I think now he must know it was a big mistake to stay and sign a long contract
Unfortunately I think the likes of Rice, Maddison and any other very talented players playing outside the 'Big 6' will look at Kane and Haaland, see how one got his big move to City through a release clause and see how one got trapped at a club he was desperate to leave and be smarter about signing contracts.
The hayfield
Has liked: 416 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by The hayfield »

El brooko79 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:04 am What's the stadium capacity got to do with anything?
Our shitty stadium isn't a selling point for players to come/stay
did I say otherwise fella . But we haven't won 20 odd major trophies since 2003 either.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Let's get a creative contract in front of him

5 year deal 200k a week

£100 million release clause, only valid until mid August. So we don't get him sold with no time to replace

£150 million release clause every January
The hayfield
Has liked: 416 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by The hayfield »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:27 am Surely people who are prepared to stop going because of the owners would have stopped going already?

Why would they stop going so this summer if they haven't so far?
crouchie you're one of the better posters on here . Do you honestly believe GSB put the money up last summer. It was kretinsky all day long . He's ambitious. there not. their only ambition is to line their pockets at the expense of gullable WHUFC fans or even better still the taxpayer.
floydie_hammer
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by floydie_hammer »

You seem more interested in digging out other fans rather than discussing Declan Rice.

When Rice moves on I think he'll go to the one he feels he has the most chance of winning trophies and getting game time, not the one that offers the most amount of money, and for that reason it doesn't matter whether it's GSB or kretsinsky paying the west ham payroll each month.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:42 pm crouchie you're one of the better posters on here . Do you honestly believe GSB put the money up last summer. It was kretinsky all day long . He's ambitious. there not. their only ambition is to line their pockets at the expense of gullable WHUFC fans or even better still the taxpayer.
I think we spent the clubs money.
No owners put money into the club to fund the transfers.
Diogenes
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by Diogenes »

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:42 pm crouchie you're one of the better posters on here . Do you honestly believe GSB put the money up last summer. It was kretinsky all day long . He's ambitious. there not. their only ambition is to line their pockets at the expense of gullable WHUFC fans or even better still the taxpayer.
Its 'clubs' that pay for players not the owners. Generally, this is done through credit (loans) rather than increased equity (its more financially prudent). The majority of Kretinsky money would be more likely to have been used to pay off 'debt', (particularly to 3rd parties), but we do not know yet. In addition, most purchases these days are covered by 'factoring' to ensure better cash flow. The whole caboodle is much, much more complicated than owners chucking in cash, whoever they may be.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:01 am Chelsea struggle to sell out a 40 000 seater stadium .
Do they? :chin:
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

mumbles87 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:35 pm Let's get a creative contract in front of him

5 year deal 200k a week

£100 million release clause, only valid until mid August. So we don't get him sold with no time to replace

£150 million release clause every January
No matter how creative you get Rice has to want to sign a new agreement. £200k would at best match the low end of what he might earn.

Why should he sign that knowing full well that in 18 months his value is going through the floor as his contract winds down (so more for him) and in 24-30 months he can sign anywhere in Europe for huge wages and a signing on fee that would dwarf any losses in the interim.

The decision is 100% with Rice, the club can do little or nothing to influence this unless we get taken over by a national state who are prepared to make him a wages offer close to twice what anyone else will.
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 443 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

thamesideiron wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:10 pm First of all did Dec say he is leaving or wants to leave....

Every player worth his salt and some that aren't.. :lol: would say he wants to play CL Footie...Plymouth to Darlington,Naaarch to Cardiff,
A 6 year old with his first pair of proper Footie Boots in his first match,thinks he's Messi.
F**k me I wanna play in the CL.....it's a Natural thing to say...maybe Dec is to honest for todays veiws and Opinions.

But If Dec wants to be a Northen Bench sitter ala Grealish to maybe get a PL or CL medal..or go back to the Club that dumped him so
can be with his mate,so be it,but pretty convinced he aint that sorta bloke.

He won't Earn more than he will get here,so moneys not the goal.
I agree with most of what you say but I do think Chelsea or the Manchester clubs would pay more than what he would get with a new contract from us.

The Big dream must surely be to The Captain of the Club you Love,help turn her fortunes around,and next year with some seriously
quality players,nick a CL spot...

Thats after winning the World cup of course...........................While at little old West Ham United.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1366 likes
Total likes: 984 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

Doc H Ball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:43 pm Shea, Puddefoot and S Bishop to name but 3.

When we played Everton in the semi final of the FA Cup in ‘33 their team cost £30k (about £3m now) and ours £2k.

Interesting post above about Rio speaking to Brown. Think Wenger said that squad should’ve been title contenders.

It’s never been so much as the club going into the red, more our owners wanting to make money on selling the club but not investing their own money a la GSB.
Interesting stuff Doc, as ever.

Cheers.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I've still never forgiven the club for selling Martin Peters..

Headbanger
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1363 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:04 pm Its 'clubs' that pay for players not the owners. Generally, this is done through credit (loans) rather than increased equity (its more financially prudent). The majority of Kretinsky money would be more likely to have been used to pay off 'debt', (particularly to 3rd parties), but we do not know yet. In addition, most purchases these days are covered by 'factoring' to ensure better cash flow. The whole caboodle is much, much more complicated than owners chucking in cash, whoever they may be.
From what I understand of it Kretinsky put cash in through creation of new shares, largely his 27% shareholding which diluted Gold and Sullivans ownership percentage. That “ working capital” cleared some debts, supposedly including the £40m loan that G&S had taken the notorious interest on, and no doubt welcome to them given Covids impact on cash flow for those in retail and commercial property. Given the sums involved you’d imagine some of that working capital also funded the initial payments on this summers transfers. Some might see that as Kretinsky paying transfer fees, reality is he put money in for a 27% ownership share. Agree with Diogenes it’ll be a complicated structure we’ll have more clarity on as accounts are published. The bigger question perhaps is what are Kretinsky's ongoing plans…..
woody
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by woody »

I’m going to Chuck my 2 Bob in now ,

I really don’t care what happens , no one is bigger than whufc , be it the clowns in charge or rice , if he wants to go get rid of him before it negatively impacts the team
Billi Bollox
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Billi Bollox »

Personally I think we should sell him this January if a 100m+ or x + players deal comes in. I have thought for some time that the reason we as a team have gone downhill is due to moyes letting rice do what he wants.