Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:27 am Trippier rates Dec….

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/08/kieran-t ... -18242940/
He isn't wrong either
MAC08
Has liked: 43 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by MAC08 »

Sick to death of hearing people at our club saying to all and sundry that Rice is leaving.

Our mentality is all wrong broadcasting our top player can go half way through the season. We could still win 2 trophies.

This will drag on all summer and probably disrupt most of our pre season. I doubt we will sell or buy any replacements early.
Crouchend_Hammer

MAC08 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:39 am Sick to death of hearing people at our club saying to all and sundry that Rice is leaving.

Our mentality is all wrong broadcasting our top player can go half way through the season. We could still win 2 trophies.

This will drag on all summer and probably disrupt most of our pre season. I doubt we will sell or buy any replacements early.
tbf no one at the club has said that
but the whole world and his dog knows he is is off in the summer so the stories would be in the press regardless
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Moyes should nit discuss ut. Just say he won't discuss whilst season is still being played. Deflect ti the summer. Need to concentrate on relegation battle
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

Wish we had someone coming through from the youth system to replace him - not necessarily playing in the same position, just someone who can keep that lineage from the ranks.

There’s the loss we’re going to feel on the playing side when Rice goes, but there’s also a void set to open up in terms of identity and the ambassadorial role he provides.

My big hope is that Downes can step up in his absence and maintain the link that we’ll have lost, first with Noble and then Rice.
MAC08
Has liked: 43 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by MAC08 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:41 am tbf no one at the club has said that
but the whole world and his dog knows he is is off in the summer so the stories would be in the press regardless
Nobles…. interview yesterday
Moyes…. British record transfer
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4743 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

MAC08 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:01 am Nobles…. interview yesterday
Moyes…. British record transfer
Moyes said "If he goes it'll take a British Record transfer fee. But I'm hoping he'll see himself here."

It's hardly him telling everyone he's definitely leaving.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:28 am I'm already sick of hearing Noble justifying why Declan wants to leave tbh.

I'm sure it is inevitable, but he sounds more like Rice's agent than a West Ham employee.
It's coming from Noble rather than Sullivan because it will be a more palatable method of preparing the fans.

Personally I find it pretty annoying seeing these Noble interviews what feels like every other week where he reminds us that we are either:

a. crap
b. poor
c. never won anything
d. never will

But clearly a part of Noble's job description is to be the one to put across the message from the top and keep us aware of the limitations of our ambition.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Just another board puppet..
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:40 am Moyes said "If he goes it'll take a British Record transfer fee. But I'm hoping he'll see himself here."

It's hardly him telling everyone he's definitely leaving.
I think the supporters feel it's more nailed-on than he does.

:smiler:
DublinDave
Has liked: 2751 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

S-H wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:56 am Just another board puppet..
Did anyone really expect anything else..?
I'm just glad that Noble is predominately spending his time at the academy, encouraging & coaching the next generation, (per his interview with the Standard).
Dec knows he's going, the manager knows he's going, Nobes knows he's going & the Board know he's going.
Their job collectively is to now get the best deal they possibly can for the club.
I've no problem with them drumming up interest tbh, the more interested parties, the more we'll make. As long as Rice is OK with it & gives 100% until the end of the season.
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

We all expect him to go and Noble and Moyes are just setting out the price prior to any negotiations.

I thought due to him being let go by Chelsea his father was more than a little upset with them and didn't want him going back there. I am sure I read that on here so it could be that the situation has changed.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

That’s what I’ve heard from someone who claims to know the family, but I guess you’d get different bits and different perspectives around him. In the end, it’ll be what he wants
Liam
Has liked: 95 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Liam »

If he wants CL football the list in England is quite short. Chelsea and Liverpool aren't going to qualify are they. I'm not convinced there is room at Man City plus who knows what the score will be with them next season.

Is a DM a priority for Man United?

Its going to be Newcastle isn't it :furrow:
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2896 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Just my opinion but I can’t see him going to Newcastle, I think he’ll end up at Arsenal. Romford would be horrified.
Crouchend_Hammer

Liam wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:26 am If he wants CL football the list in England is quite short. Chelsea and Liverpool aren't going to qualify are they. I'm not convinced there is room at Man City plus who knows what the score will be with them next season.

He isn't going to base it on just next season though is he?

The fact Liverpool and Chelsea might not qualify for next season doesn't automatically take them out of the equation. Both clubs have qualified for it pretty much every year for 20 years, and will likely do so most seasons moving forward

Chelsea came 10th in 2016 and then won the league in 2017 and the Champions League in 2021, as well as an FA Cup and Europa League since then

Liverpool came 8th in 2016 but have won the league, Champions League, FA CUp and League Cup since then as well as getting to two other Champions League finals
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Hammer.CA wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:30 am Just my opinion but I can’t see him going to Newcastle, I think he’ll end up at Arsenal. Romford would be horrified.
Arsenal dropping £120m+ on 1 player? I can't see it.
moore_bobby
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by moore_bobby »

DublinDave wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:02 am Did anyone really expect anything else..?
I'm just glad that Noble is predominately spending his time at the academy, encouraging & coaching the next generation, (per his interview with the Standard).
Dec knows he's going, the manager knows he's going, Nobes knows he's going & the Board know he's going.
Their job collectively is to now get the best deal they possibly can for the club.
I've no problem with them drumming up interest tbh, the more interested parties, the more we'll make. As long as Rice is OK with it & gives 100% until the end of the season.
One of the best ways to get the best deal in business is for the other person to believe you don't have to deal and can/will walk. Thus, I agree with earlier post(s), nobody at club should be exhibiting behaviour it's inevitable. We should have a number below which we won't go below (which should not obviously be shared) , we should then have a date after which we will not deal and that should be very public (especially with Declan's agent). We should also make clear not making public the deal if one is agreed, and we should get our replacements lined up ....
DublinDave
Has liked: 2751 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

moore_bobby wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:05 pm One of the best ways to get the best deal in business is for the other person to believe you don't have to deal and can/will walk. Thus, I agree with earlier post(s), nobody at club should be exhibiting behaviour it's inevitable. We should have a number below which we won't go below (which should not obviously be shared) , we should then have a date after which we will not deal and that should be very public (especially with Declan's agent). We should also make clear not making public the deal if one is agreed, and we should get our replacements lined up ....
Another way is to say, this is our price, don't waste your time, or ours, offering us anything less.
Granted it's the barrow boy way of doing it but with our owners, what di you expect.
I do agree with everything you've said, especially about having replacements lined up & ready to go early in the window. No point accepting even a world record bid on the last day of the window..
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Liam wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:26 am If he wants CL football the list in England is quite short. Chelsea and Liverpool aren't going to qualify are they. I'm not convinced there is room at Man City plus who knows what the score will be with them next season.

He's a 24 year old fella with a childhood sweetheart and a young baby.

Never mind the football, what about the family?

No place like home.