Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Rasp »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:56 pm If we don't add any quality this window AND slip down the table he won't be very excited about next season.

Neither will 60k+ others
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:48 pm Fairly sure his leaving has already been agreed for the summer.

The converse of having a good season is that when we almost inevitably fail at the death, the reason for him needing to go becomes even clearer.

We’ve seen it before when a player just becomes too good for the club he is playing at and ends up doing too much and getting hard miles on the clock. None of us would disagree that, say, Kane should have moved a couple of years ago for his own betterment.

Whatever, I’ll enjoy every game he plays and will always treat him as one of us.
Why would it already have been agreed. No pressure on either party to agree anything in advance.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Diogenes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:39 pm Why would it already have been agreed. No pressure on either party to agree anything in advance.
No pressure because I believe they struck a gentleman’s agreement last summer. He refused a new contract but didn’t agitate.

The resignation to it that I’ve heard from those that know him and his parents speaks volumes.

Hope I’m wrong though. Maybe we’ll get CL and build a team around him. Or maybe not.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

Unless barring a miracle and we get CL I also firmly believe this is his last season here.

I'll lay money on him being part of the Man Utd rebuild as they bin off Pogba.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1951 likes
Total likes: 604 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

This one will make you laugh.

Delcan is 25/1 for PFA Player Of The Year.

Ronaldo is 12/1.

REALLY! :chin:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Of the so called 'big 4', I'd see him fitting best at Liverpool - Henderson's replacement.

The worst fit for me is Man City, although I'd see them taking him and even potentially converting him back to centre back...
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Is there something going on behind the scenes that we dont know about?

Has he already signed a new and improved contract (soon to be announced) or about to do so, hence why the owners couldnt care less about signing anyone?
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by Pob! »

smuts wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:54 pm Unless barring a miracle and we get CL I also firmly believe this is his last season here.
Deep down I think we all knew that regardless of what we done in the transfer market.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

paulhs1 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:00 am Is there something going on behind the scenes that we dont know about?

Has he already signed a new and improved contract (soon to be announced) or about to do so, hence why the owners couldnt care less about signing anyone?
If he had, that was getting released the minute they knew we weren't signing anyone to appease the masses, no chance he is sticking here and going to be horrible seeing him in the blue of Chelsea
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

I'm pretty sure Rice won't be here much longer whatever happens. He'll have everybody in football telling he must move on 'to further his career'. Personally I don't really get this idea. His career is going pretty well at the moment, captain of his club regular linchpin for England. The attraction (other than ££££) of playing for City allstars escapes me. Does Grealish enjoy his football more now than at Villa? However it's the accepted wisdom in sport. Matt le Tissier and Trevor Brooking are the exceptions, but neither are poor and Trev's career extended long past playing for west ham, but everything he did after that came from being a West Ham Legend.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I think he’ll stay even if we miss out on European football for next year. Which top 6 team can you realistically see chucking £100m+ at him in the summer? He won’t go to the Spuds or the Gooners. Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea don’t really need him and Man Utd are in too much of a mess.

As much as we all rightfully believe he is worth £100m to us, look at it from those club’s perspective. Would you want to splash £100m+ on a player who is part of a defensive line that has conceded 31 goals in 23 League games, and has only scored 1 goal in those 23 games?

If he does want to leave, as sad as we’d be to lose him, why do we care about a player who doesn’t want to be at the club anyway? There was a West Ham after we lost our last ‘world class’ player (Payet). And they’ll be a West Ham after Rice too.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:54 pm I think he’ll stay even if we miss out on European football for next year. Which top 6 team can you realistically see chucking £100m+ at him in the summer? He won’t go to the Spuds or the Gooners. Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea don’t really need him and Man Utd are in too much of a mess.

As much as we all rightfully believe he is worth £100m to us, look at it from those club’s perspective. Would you want to splash £100m+ on a player who is part of a defensive line that has conceded 31 goals in 23 League games, and has only scored 1 goal in those 23 games?

If he does want to leave, as sad as we’d be to lose him, why do we care about a player who doesn’t want to be at the club anyway? There was a West Ham after we lost our last ‘world class’ player (Payet). And they’ll be a West Ham after Rice too.
Liverpool would use him to replace Henderson. Man U need him as they are weak in midfield. People on this forum who know his family have been told he has “unfinished business” at Chelsea. City had no qualms spending £100m on Grealish. He’s not going to hang around at a club that doesn’t match his ambition.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Whether he goes or not, his decision will very unlikely to have been influenced by this transfer window or the next one.

I am not even sure where we finish in the league will have a huge bearing, or if we make the Champions League

If he has decided it is time to move on to the next stage of his career, I doubt there is much that will swqy him

His representatives will know full well who is interested and what they would likely be able to pay

His stock is at an all time high right now and I qm.not sure it will get any higher - I am sure him and his representatives are aware of this
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:09 pm Liverpool would use him to replace Henderson. Man U need him as they are weak in midfield. People on this forum who know his family have been told he has “unfinished business” at Chelsea. City had no qualms spending £100m on Grealish. He’s not going to hang around at a club that doesn’t match his ambition.
But Liverpool don’t need to replace Henderson yet, do they. Man Utd are such scatter brains with their transfers I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Rice didn’t even cross their minds. There’s a club with no plan in place. That’s all very touching if he does have “unfinished business” with Chelsea. They still need to bid for him though, don’t they. And I can’t see him being top of their priority list with all the midfielders they have. Man City, please see Chelsea. :newthumb:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Personally i think he will end up at Man U
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:43 pm Personally i think he will end up at Man U
I do, too.

And, possibly sacrilegiously, I could deal a little more easily with him winning silverware with them, than with Chelsea, Liverpool, or even Man City (there's no way on GGE that he's going to be signed by Arse or Totts).

:nonpl:
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

After the disappointment of the transfer window this is a sad topic !
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

funky chicken wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:54 pm I think he’ll stay even if we miss out on European football for next year. Which top 6 team can you realistically see chucking £100m+ at him in the summer? He won’t go to the Spuds or the Gooners. Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea don’t really need him and Man Utd are in too much of a mess.

Do you think we’d hold out for 100 though. I’d expect us to accept anywhere between 70-90 depending on the deal personally
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

Lovejoy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:58 pm Do you think we’d hold out for 100 though. I’d expect us to accept anywhere between 70-90 depending on the deal personally
100% yes. He has up to 3 years left on his contract. And when there’s clubs like Man City and Man Utd crazy enough to offer £100m for Grealish and £80m for Maguire respectively, we’d quite frankly be fools not to.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:43 pm Personally i think he will end up at Man U
So do I. I reckon they will sell him on the "project" and how he will be the poster boy for their (what they will believe and plan for) return to winning trophies.

Not hard to see why he'd be seduced. He would stand a good chance of taking captaincy there within a couple years, Pochettino in the summer will look like a step in the right direction, they will buy exciting names.

I think, taking out any West Ham in all this, it makes sense for him to stay another year. He's getting to develop his game, grow in stature, and the stability before the World Cup would be smart.

I would hope the club are smart enough to keep communication open and ask him for a year, so they can use him as a tool to bring in better players, spend the money they will make in advance and soften the blow of him leaving. We have a lot to do this summer without Rice going.