Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Pob! »

carnage wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:38 pm Does he stay if we win the Conference league?
No! He will be gone in the summer regardless
The Straw
Has liked: 550 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

In the big Noble interview in the Standard tonight, Mark basically confirms that Dec will be off.

Would love it if the last thing he did in our shirt was lift a trophy.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

The Straw wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:56 pm In the big Noble interview in the Standard tonight, Mark basically confirms that Dec will be off.

Have to imagine the deal will include first dibs on castoffs.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

The Straw wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:56 pm In the big Noble interview in the Standard tonight, Mark basically confirms that Dec will be off.

Noble only says what we all know already - Declan wants to win things. He is good enough, so why wouldn't he?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 58532.html
DublinDave
Has liked: 2720 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:04 pm Have to imagine the deal will include first dibs on castoffs.
Unless the manager & recruitment team really want a particular player, why would we allow a world class player to go, for example, for 2 mediocre overpriced players on massive wages, (by our standards) & 40 million..?
Give us our asking price & let us spend it on what we want to. Not saying it will turn out better, but it will feel better, (to me at least), getting 80-120 mil for our captain, academy graduate & a player I have come to like & admire.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

This was the season Declan stayed because of the achievements of last season... I honestly think in some ways we've been lucky to get an extra season out of him

Us winning something will mean him going out on a high rather than an incentive to stay for me.

Good luck to the fella... just don't go to North London
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

westlondonhammer wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:18 pm This was the season Declan stayed because of the achievements of last season... I honestly think in some ways we've been lucky to get an extra season out of him

Us winning something will mean him going out on a high rather than an incentive to stay for me.

Good luck to the fella...
:newthumb:
Think it will hurt wherever he goes mate
If it wasn’t for Arteta being such a **** then I don’t think North London would hurt more than anywhere else.

In the meantime - hope he can maintain the form he showed against Newcastle. Really need him at his best to help us climb away from relegation places and go all the way in two cups.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2720 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

hammer1975 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:47 pm :newthumb:
Think it will hurt wherever he goes mate
In the meantime - hope he can maintain the form he showed against Newcastle. Really need him at his best to help us climb away from relegation places and go all the way in two cups.
100%
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1335 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Fa cup and euro cup might change mind....
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

“Say we’d beaten Manchester United, for instance, you get in the dressing room and you’re buzzing. But within 20 minutes, that buzz has worn off and you think, ‘We’ve got to win next Saturday now’.”

I would love to know how many times we beat Man United and then won our next game whilst Noble was with us.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Do you know what? I don't care. We have been lucky to have him and I have enjoyed every minute. If he wants to be off and 'better himself' then that is fine by me as whoever he goes to will no doubt offer him better money and silverware. We will survive and potentially improve, why not?
Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Diogenes wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:50 pm Do you know what? I don't care. We have been lucky to have him and I have enjoyed every minute. If he wants to be off and 'better himself' then that is fine by me as whoever he goes to will no doubt offer him better money and silverware. We will survive and potentially improve, why not?
I feel more attached to him than that.

I think he should go, and I wish him every success, but God I'm going to miss him. I don't just mean because the team will be weaker. I'll miss watching him taking the ball off opposition players, stopping an attack in its tracks, gliding away from challenges, being as close to perfect in most games as any footballer has a right to be.

I'll also miss his passion, the way he tries to fire up the fans.

It feels more like a member of the family going to live abroad.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1928 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Declan is leaving at the end of the season..FULL STOP.

The only miracle that could stop is if we were taken over by the Qatari's.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Pete647580 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:59 pm I feel more attached to him than that.

I think he should go, and I wish him every success, but God I'm going to miss him. I don't just mean because the team will be weaker. I'll miss watching him taking the ball off opposition players, stopping an attack in its tracks, gliding away from challenges, being as close to perfect in most games as any footballer has a right to be.

I'll also miss his passion, the way he tries to fire up the fans.

It feels more like a member of the family going to live abroad.
Don't misunderstand me, I really get that. Its just that because I am an oldie, who has seen great players come and go, my comments were more of a philosophical nature meant to encourage more than depress. When you are an 'oldie' you will tell your grandkids about Rice like I talk about Moore or Hurst.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

jastons wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:14 pm Noble only says what we all know already - Declan wants to win things. He is good enough, so why wouldn't he?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 58532.html
I'm already sick of hearing Noble justifying why Declan wants to leave tbh.

I'm sure it is inevitable, but he sounds more like Rice's agent than a West Ham employee.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Let's just hope we don't waste the money like we did when Rio went. At least Redknapp and his agent son aren't about. Just Sullivan.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

DublinDave wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:17 pm Unless the manager & recruitment team really want a particular player, why would we allow a world class player to go, for example, for 2 mediocre overpriced players on massive wages, (by our standards) & 40 million..?
Give us our asking price & let us spend it on what we want to. Not saying it will turn out better, but it will feel better, (to me at least), getting 80-120 mil for our captain, academy graduate & a player I have come to like & admire.
Because often their castoffs are able lift the level of a club lower down the totem pole. First refusal could be a good way to improve the squad for a reasonable price.

Guys like Zaha and Evans weren’t good enough but flourished in other sides.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

DublinDave wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:17 pm Unless the manager & recruitment team really want a particular player, why would we allow a world class player to go, for example, for 2 mediocre overpriced players on massive wages, (by our standards) & 40 million..?
What dave has said
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:27 am Trippier rates Dec….

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/08/kieran-t ... -18242940/
It's going to rather boringly be a lot of this.

Fernandez watches Rice to improve.
Trippier thinks he's the best in the league.

Next week we'll hear that Casemiro named his first son Declan and Fabinho bought a truck full of Muller Rice in his honour.