Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Knighter10WHU »

kitthehammer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:14 am It would probably have been best to have sold him last summer and done something with the money by now.
We've already spent the Rice money in advance on Paqueta, Downes, Cornet, Aguerd etc.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:01 am Chelsea struggle to sell out a 40 000 seater stadium yet you're adamant rice is only going to go there . Yet I'm the one dug out yet again.
What's the stadium capacity got to do with anything?
Our shitty stadium isn't a selling point for players to come/stay
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:03 am We've already spent the Rice money in advance on Paqueta, Downes, Cornet, Aguerd etc.
You’re probably right but spending the Rice money and not signing his replacement with it seems negligent. Imagine this side without rice in it, Christ we’d be bottom of the league.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:48 am If Sullivan gold and Brady are still in charge of the club after this season. Il 100% not renew my season ticket and I suspect there's thousands upon thousands thinking the same which should seriously worry the club .
Surely people who are prepared to stop going because of the owners would have stopped going already?

Why would they stop going so this summer if they haven't so far?
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Lovejoy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:12 am You’re probably right but spending the Rice money and not signing his replacement with it seems negligent. Imagine this side without rice in it, Christ we’d be bottom of the league.
I feel very uneasy about selling Rice at just around the time GSB are going to be selling up because you just know where most of that money is going. They'll say its ok we invested in Paqueta and Downes both CMs in the summer. Agree with you if though, we're bang in trouble when Dec leaves and I've been saying as much for the past 2 years.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

I think we need to move on as fans with the Rice thing and fast

He's been a great servant and will help us this season too, but ultimately he's off and we need to prepare.

I think a thread about the team without Rice would be crass until he's gone but we need a new heart in the team and a captain.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:03 am We've already spent the Rice money in advance on Paqueta, Downes, Cornet, Aguerd etc.
Out of interest is this your opinion or have any sources mentioned this to be the case?
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

No we haven't.
ironside58
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 94 likes

Post by ironside58 »

HammerPDC wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:05 pm Aaron Cresswell
Kurt Zouma
Michail Antonio
Jarrod Bowen
Tomas Soucek
Pablo Fornals

And to save you a post Oldun, I genuinely couldn’t care less what you think of them as players :D implying that a 23 year old who we’ve all known is going was the only choice to captain us going forward is quite funny
A cat kicker
A left back who should have been replaced 2years ago
A forward not starting every game and injur prone
Bowen - no more convincing an argument than Rice
Soucek - possible a yr ago, not now
Fornals - may have helped him.

But if push came to shove I estimate 90% of those on here would have picked Dec. Always a hope new singings plus position may have given us a further year.
ironside58
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 94 likes

Post by ironside58 »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:28 am I feel very uneasy about selling Rice at just around the time GSB are going to be selling up because you just know where most of that money is going. They'll say its ok we invested in Paqueta and Downes both CMs in the summer. Agree with you if though, we're bang in trouble when Dec leaves and I've been saying as much for the past 2 years.
The odds were always on Dec being sold before they disappear.
thamesideiron
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

First of all did Dec say he is leaving or wants to leave....

Every player worth his salt and some that aren't.. :lol: would say he wants to play CL Footie...Plymouth to Darlington,Naaarch to Cardiff,
A 6 year old with his first pair of proper Footie Boots in his first match,thinks he's Messi.
F**k me I wanna play in the CL.....it's a Natural thing to say...maybe Dec is to honest for todays veiws and Opinions.

But If Dec wants to be a Northen Bench sitter ala Grealish to maybe get a PL or CL medal..or go back to the Club that dumped him so
can be with his mate,so be it,but pretty convinced he aint that sorta bloke.

He won't Earn more than he will get here,so moneys not the goal.

The Big dream must surely be to The Captain of the Club you Love,help turn her fortunes around,and next year with some seriously
quality players,nick a CL spot...

Thats after winning the World cup of course...........................While at little old West Ham United.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1666 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

thamesideiron wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:10 pm

He won't Earn more than he will get here,so moneys not the goal.

only edited for brevity..

we won't be paying Dec 350K a week. Haaland another once in a generation player is on 500K at City. Salah is on around 400K iirc.

now of course these are goal scorers, but I think he'd be worth 300K plus a week to a club like City. Gundogan is at the end of his contract this summer I believe.

a very underrated player imvho, and I would think he'd sit in there nicely along at times with his England oppo Phillips.

I would have said Real but they just paid over a 100M for the two french lads. I don't care how clever Barca are with financing, I can't see them getting a 100M player under the radar.

ManU and the Scallies are up for sale. will they invest 100M (including add ons I'm guessing) while they have figured out who is buying them and would they (new owners) still keep Klippity or in fact would he want to stay ? my guess is that the German bloke for the national team is now gone. maybe that's a job that interests Klopp so again where does that leave Dec ? not sure Mount wants to stay at Chel$ea isn't he dragging his heels on a new contract ? Pep recently renewed until 2025.

summer would suit all parties I reckon, the sale of the two clubs in mention, Klopp's future, Potter's future, and would let he dust settle and allow him time to negotiate where his future lies.

if we continue to play well in the WC his value is holding, helping us to a trophy and avoiding a giant sized relegation scrap would not go unnoticed by possible suitors.
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

HammerPDC wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:44 am Out of interest is this your opinion or have any sources mentioned this to be the case?
Just my opinion but I don't think it's an outrageous opinion to have.

We've all seen how GSB have operated over the past 10+years, when have they ever really invested significant money? The highest net spend before this season under them was c£80m for Pellegrini, this season c£164m, more than double, got to find that money from somewhere...
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

ironside58 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:05 am The odds were always on Dec being sold before they disappear.
True, I meant more that specifically he's going to be sold in the period around the time they sell the club, we've seen before how they're very clever about trousering a little extra for themselves (sale of UP for one).
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Not really new news is it?
He was always gonna go at some point.
We'll just have to learn to live without him.
(Although it will be gutting to see him lifting the CL trophy in the near future with Man United/Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool).
:scarfer:
thamesideiron
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

Really good post Cuenca...

A lot of my take is on Dec The Bloke and his honesty....But Nicest guy in the World,Money will always always enter the equation,
one of my own rules in life is acknowledging "Money Talks".
Maybe he could get slightly more,would really depend on how bad somebody would want him....he's a great player no doubt,but
not streets ahead of worlds best imo,there's others out there,especially with the WC being on,plenty of guys catching the eye,
it's a shop window.

I have a feeling he doesn't really want to go...just yet...but admit,we go 200,000 gs a week Citeh come in with 350,yeah TBH
think I'd be of....but we push toward 250,with a decent end to season think that would make him happy finacially.

How we do in WC is gonna have an effect,we lose to Cammers and come home,or actually win the thing...will have a massive effect
on what happens,and his options,and Value.

Theres prob only Man City at Moment can guarantee CL Footie over here anyway.honestly can't see him going abroad
just yet,and he wouldn't start every game there,not the way Pep works,he'll leave DeBruyne out at times.
No Saying Red Scouse and Chelsea, Mancs,wiil be in the CL next year either..Geordies and Spuds could spoil their party..

If I was him,like I said,my biggest joy and Passion would be with us.....only slightly biased that... :lol:
RexBanner
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by RexBanner »

I can’t in all honesty get too excited over Dec’s comments. For all those who say he should have answered the question with “I’m here to talk about England and the World Cup” he’s on a hiding to nothing because if he says that then he’s accused of ducking the question and the conspiracy theorists would have a field day with that one too.

Look the simple fact is we all knew he would outgrow this club sooner or later, it’s happened many times before especially in recent years with (IMHO) better players than Declan and it will happen again in the future. We have to accept that it’s where this club lies in the pecking order.

We had one big chance to really push on and become challengers just over twenty years ago when Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick and on and on were coming through the ranks. Rio spoke about this in an interview I saw recently where he said he went in to Terry Brown and asked him to put his hand in his pocket so they could challenge at the top end and Brown’s response was to say he wasn’t prepared to put the club in the red. That side could have been legendary, it was the guts of the England team for years to come. The break up of all those kids who went on to win Champions Leagues with other clubs will hurt me as a West Ham fan long after Declan Rice has gone and retired.
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:42 pm Just my opinion but I don't think it's an outrageous opinion to have.

We've all seen how GSB have operated over the past 10+years, when have they ever really invested significant money? The highest net spend before this season under them was c£80m for Pellegrini, this season c£164m, more than double, got to find that money from somewhere...
How can you spend money (tens of millions) based on a hypothetical sale? What if Rice tears his ACL or breaks his leg in the next few months and is out injured for the best part of a year?
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Denzil wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:17 pm.
Hey Den how you doing?

Agree with you totally by the way