Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Denzil »

MD_HM wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:08 am Could see him going right at the end of this window to be honest with the way things have gone.

As it stands there is a good chance we will be bottom after the first few games and not confident of getting through the play offs either anymore.

Total failure by the club and wouldn't blame him
Nothing like a bit of Friday positivity.
Dieter Eckstein
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by Dieter Eckstein »

Can't see him going anywhere in this window, particularly at the current asking price. He's nailed on to start for England in every game in the World Cup if he just keeps on doing what he's doing, so why change anything now? The Jan window could be a different story, particularly if he has a great World Cup and we're not having a great season. Hopefully he'll come back from Qatar with something to play for, otherwise it might feel like a bit of a comedown to come back and see out an average season while his mates chase the Champions League.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I don't think he would leave mid-season, however bad we were doing

He might want to, but we wouldn't sell then, as price would be much higher in Summer as likely more clubs interested

Clubs don't typically spend big big money on DMs (or even midfielders) in the Jan window, it is usually players who will make an immediate tangible impact like a striker or CB

I am convinced he is leaving next summer, regardless of where we finish this season, or if we win a trophy
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:47 amI am convinced he is leaving next summer, regardless of where we finish this season, or if we win a trophy
I’ve a Chelsea mate who is related to Declan’s BFF over there. Apparently he genuinely sees our lot as his to captain to trophies and to follow in the footsteps of Nobes - That was what I was told at the ass-end of last season - whether that changes after a summer and January window I guess we’ll see.
Dieter Eckstein
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by Dieter Eckstein »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:47 am I don't think he would leave mid-season, however bad we were doing

He might want to, but we wouldn't sell then, as price would be much higher in Summer as likely more clubs interested

Clubs don't typically spend big big money on DMs (or even midfielders) in the Jan window, it is usually players who will make an immediate tangible impact like a striker or CB

I am convinced he is leaving next summer, regardless of where we finish this season, or if we win a trophy
Fair point, well made. I do think how well the World Cup goes, how well/badly our season is going will have an impact on how determined he is to leave once he gets home, though. Even if that is in the summer.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4743 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

MD_HM wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:08 am Could see him going right at the end of this window to be honest with the way things have gone.

As it stands there is a good chance we will be bottom after the first few games and not confident of getting through the play offs either anymore.

No chance we're bottom having played Villa, Forest and Brighton in the first 5 games. Let alone a 'very good chance'.

More sensationalist guff.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:14 pm No chance we're bottom having played Villa, Forest and Brighton in the first 5 games. Let alone a 'very good chance'.

Probably should have left Brighton out to be fair.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:14 pm No chance we're bottom having played Villa, Forest and Brighton in the first 5 games. Let alone a 'very good chance'.

Our most winnable game in the first 7 is Forest away...

With no additions I was talking about, if we suddenly sign a LB, LW and ST before the City game then I wouldn't make the same statement.

Rice didn't look happy against Rangers and then liked Lingard's post which doesn't indicate he was angry with him...

My point was if we continue to fail with signings I wouldn't blame him feeling like that after carrying the team so often
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

Dimi Payet has allegedly just sent a whatsapp message to Declan after getting his number off Nobes............

le propriétaire m'a dit la même chose pour me faire rester une année de plus. N'en crois pas un mot mon pote, Sullivan est une merde mensongère
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

MD_HM wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:02 pm Our most winnable game in the first 7 is Forest away...

With no additions I was talking about, if we suddenly sign a LB, LW and ST before the City game then I wouldn't make the same statement.

Rice didn't look happy against Rangers and then liked Lingard's post which doesn't indicate he was angry with him...

My point was if we continue to fail with signings I wouldn't blame him feeling like that after carrying the team so often
Brighton have nicked points with late equalisers against us more than I care to count
We've won the last 2 at Villa easily
We've beaten Tottenham at home twice in a row
Newcastle at home should be nothing to fear
Everton almost got relegated (OK, that's 8 but I'm giving you Man City despite them stealing a draw).

Have some optimism man! Moyes and the squad are capable of a result against anyone when fully fit, which they will be at the start of the season.

The problems we have are the board failing to help Moyes build a deeper squad, the board failing to help Moyes build a younger squad and the board.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Déjà vu Monsieur :grin:
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

TFIF, I can't begin to imagine your mood on Monday morning
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Sorry for the negativity... It just stems from frustration at the transfer situation.

Having had such a good season and only failing due to lack of investment and feeling this was a last chance to push on with Rice as part of the team it's just been disappointing to think we are going to kick off against City with the same problems.

Maybe this will change over the week, let's hope so
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Payet's message to Rice:-

the owner told me the same to make me stay another year. Don't believe a word of it homie, Sullivan is lying s**t
WoodvaleOne
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by WoodvaleOne »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:28 am If he looks at ‘recent windows’ it won’t take him long to realise they both produced top 7 finishes. So he should perhaps wait and see how we get on for the rest of the transfer window.

If he comes to the conclusion he’d be better off elsewhere, good luck to him. I am sure the world won’t end.
We moved stadiums for top 7 finishes and no silverware?
Marvellous
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

WoodvaleOne wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:56 pm We moved stadiums for top 7 finishes and no silverware?
Marvellous
Is that not better than most seasons we had at the Boleyn? :D

As for Silverware………

Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

e17 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:54 am I’ve a Chelsea mate who is related to Declan’s BFF over there. Apparently he genuinely sees our lot as his to captain to trophies and to follow in the footsteps of Nobes - That was what I was told at the ass-end of last season - whether that changes after a summer and January window I guess we’ll see.
Help me out here, I'm crap with these acronyms, what is a BFF?
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 702 likes

Post by Pob! »

Billy Hunt wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:07 pm Help me out here, I'm crap with these acronyms, what is a BFF?
Best Friend Forever
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Pob! wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:09 pm Best Friend Forever
Ah, cheers :newthumb:
Boleyn_Hammer
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by Boleyn_Hammer »

Last edited by Boleyn_Hammer on Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.