Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Billy Hunt
Has liked: 468 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Billy Hunt »

I'd imagine he has had as much, maybe more, game time than some of those - but all the same, that is some stat, very impressive and he just gets better and better as other aspects of his game evolve.

It's been wonderful to see his progress and maturity as a player first hand, be great if it's for a fair while longer too ... :fxd:
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

'kin 'ell. For a defensive midfielder to have that sort of statistic is incredible, regardless of the number of minutes played and so on. I doubt many, if any, people would guess he'd top that chart.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Exiledin cardiff wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:16 pm ‘….like some rhinestone mahout.’
Things you don’t expect to read on a football forum #46893
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Need to keep passing and we will score
Lanzini still not in it

Slaphead booked which is useful
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

hammerman11 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:16 pm Need to keep passing and we will score
Lanzini still not in it

Slaphead booked which is useful
How's Rice doing?
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:17 pm How's Rice doing?
Probably on the phone to his agent after the last couple of games.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Just said in an interview how much he loves playing at Old Trafford.

I really hope he doesn’t go there.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

That interview has me worried. First time I have thought that he's off there in summer . Talking about great stadium and history. If they get CL fir next season he will go .
Dates will take 60m plus Fred!
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 103 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

I love him but someone needs to teach him how to take free kicks, he's not exactly ward prowse in that department.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

He's not even David Prowse...

Apart from that he was head and shoulders above today.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 967 likes
Total likes: 946 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Just can’t see how he stays, way too good for us.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

Lovejoy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:08 pm Just can’t see how he stays, way too good for us.
Sadly, i agree. Unless we win the Europa League, or sign some seriously big players, he isn't staying with us.

He is by far and away our best player.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

For our sake I’m glad that game wasn’t televised, cause that’s the sort of game that would get your armchair top 4 supporters crying for his signature. Lad was everywhere, mopping up, pinching the pall and starting breaks. I’ve supported West Ham since 2000 when I was a kid and I didn’t think I’d see a better player pull on our shirt after payet for a long time. Few seasons later and Rice has well surpassed it. The world is his oyster and I’m sure most of us on here, like myself, will feel a proper body blow when it’s announced he leaves. But I’ve said it for a few years now, he’s going right to the top and sadly I just don’t think it’ll be with us. The only prem club I think I’d be consoled by getting him would be city, anyone else will be like a double blow
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I understand some people thinking and/saying that him marauding up and down the field is detrimental to our whole team's play.

but it's got to be supremely frustrating to watch the ball bounce off our forwards and them make such a sh*tshow of most everything that they do, that maybe he thinks "If I don't do something soon, this game is going to run away from us. and with it our league placing." so I have to side with him if that IS what he's thinking.

however, please Mr. Moyes keep him away from freekicks. these remind me of those godawful Snodgrass/Anderson freekicks back in Peller's days.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:17 pm I understand some people thinking and/saying that him marauding up and down the field is detrimental to our whole team's play.
I honestly don't understand it at all, plenty of our fans seem to want to see him play like he does for England.

Who else is going to drive the ball forward for us, and that effectively? There are so few players that can do it and do it well. 9/10 times he will drive forward and find a pass to a team mate, brushing off opposition players, reminds me of how Gerrard used to play, minus the diving.

Our players should be accommodating Rice and how he plays, not the other way around.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

just for the record 'stone, I understand their rationale because Tommy isn't scoring as many, but I'm not knocking him for doing it. as I hope they understand myself and you apparently are pro him doing it.

I seem to remember at the time, Gareth was getting slammed for "shackling" Rice. now it seems Moyes has tacken the "shackles" off, some people don't seem to like that either.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

What was that stat posted earlier in the week, about the most drives forward or something in the prem? Every time he does it he keeps possession, it’s sensational seeing him drop it and run past numerous players before either picking a pass or having an attempt at goal. Maybe he was more defensive last few years but I for one get excited everyone he skips past a man and long may it continue. I can’t remember one time rice being advanced or going forwards has ultimately cost us a goal, and I love those drives forwards. I get the sit deep and defend point but I’d say to rice, he’ll never get more freedom to express himself and his football as he does here, go to a “top” club and they’ll have him playing regimentally and no freedom. Hope he stays but I can see the lure
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

When he eventually leaves we will realise how much Rice has compensated for the failings in others in this team and unless we replace those players before he departs don’t be surprised to see us drop like a stone for a season or two.

We have the opportunity to use the time we have Declan for, to have some real success to show for it and build for the future but the reality it seems we are using it just to keep us ok with any success a bonus by making do with what we have instead of trying to improve, I fear we will regret that now.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:30 pm just for the record 'stone, I understand their rationale because Tommy isn't scoring as many
I understand where they're coming from, I just think they're wrong :lol: just my opinion.

I don't think the primary reason that Soucek hasn't scored as many this season is Rice going forward. Main reason for me is Soucek and not putting the chances away.

That is speculation, so I've just had a look at stats, because I'm a nerd and have nothing better to do on a Saturday evening.

Soucek 20/21

Goals - 10
XG - 8.75
Shots - 64
Shots on target - 23
36% shooting accuracy

Soucek 21/22

Goals - 3
XG - 3.45
Shots - 30
Shots on target - 7
23% shooting accuracy

Obviously the stats should be taken with a pinch of salt, but that's quite a significant decrease in shooting accuracy.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

it might be you're opnion but you're just plain wrong !!!

:crylol:

I don;t have the ability to record the games, and or the inclination to go back and watch them on one of those website.

it does however seem from watching live, that Tommy doesn't seem to get into those positions for whatever reason this year.

would that be represented by his Xg as I honestly have absolutely no clue what those figures mean.

:oops: