Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

BrumHammer
Has liked: 3471 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by BrumHammer »

WCpete wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:52 pm Is Tuchel staying though? I heard a few stories that said it was uncertain he'd get to keep the job because performances dropped after he took over.
I don't imagine Bayern would go in on a player like this just based on one manager, though could be wrong.
Johnny Fingers

Post by Johnny Fingers »

Alan Smith saying Arsenal won't be held to ransom to buy Rice.. so don't buy him then.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Have they actually made a bid or is this just more reliable than usual chatter?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

claretchris wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:59 pm It’s already tiresome watching no-marks like Alan Smith stating that Rice will want to move to a ‘big club’ and that he’s a ‘very good player, but not a match winner, so not worth £120m’.

Pundits, literally paid to chat sh*t…
And has anyone else noticed it's funny how it always comes from the Ex Pro's of the interested 'big' Clubs via their media outlets...

- Neville via Sky on behalf of his Club Man Utd
- Smith via Sky on behalf of his Club Arsenal
- Souness via Talksport on behalf of his Club Liverpool
- Keane via Sky/BT Sport on behalf of his Club Man Utd
- Groves via Talksport today on behalf of his Club Arsenal
- Carragher via Sky on behalf of his Club Liverpool
- Merson via the Papers on behalf of his Club Arsenal I just noticed..
- Jamie Redknapp via Sky on behalf of some small Club in London

https://www.hammers.news/news/paul-mers ... d-arsenal/

A relentless campaign from Ex Pros with obvious vested interests in bettering their own Club side they love. All trumpeting the same b*llocks about Rice moving to their Club and at a reduced fee. No doubt there's other examples but can't think of them off the top of my head. But what's also amusing and contradictory is they're also the same people bar bitter Keane who rave night and day about how good he is. Which is it gents, is he really that good or not... :o

Edit - Apologies how could I forget to add Redknapp's pearler! 😆
Last edited by Colours never run on Wed May 31, 2023 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Straw
Has liked: 550 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

Colours never run wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:15 am And has anyone else noticed it's funny how it always comes from the Ex Pro's of the interested 'big' Clubs via their media outlets...

- Neville via Sky on behalf of his Club Man Utd
- Smith via Sky on behalf of his Club Arsenal
- Souness via Talksport on behalf of his Club Liverpool
- Keane via Sky/BT Sport on behalf of his Club Man Utd
- Groves via Talksport today on behalf of his Club Arsenal
- Carragher via Sky on behalf of his Club Liverpool

All trumpeting the same b*llocks about Rice moving to their Club and at a reduced fee. Not doubt there's other examples but can't think of them off the top of my head. But what's also amusing and contradictory is they're also the same people bar bitter Keane who rave night and day about how good he is. Which is it gents, is he really that good or not... :o
"He who controls the media controls the minds of the public".

Noam Chomsky.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Add Scholes to the Sale of the Century **** List too...

“As much as I love Declan Rice and I think he’d be great at Man United, he’s not worth £100m. If you’re paying that for a midfield player, they have to be able to do everything,” Scholes said.

Merson back in March...

But, though he says Rice is a ‘top player’, Merson says the midfielder is worth nowhere near £100m.

Speaking about England’s win against Italy, Merson said: ‘I thought Declan Rice had a very strong game in the middle of the park. The £100million price tag that’s been placed on his head really hasn’t helped him.

‘Now his critics are saying ‘well he’s not worth £100m’ and the way that comes across, it’s like he’s not rated when he definitely is. I like Rice, he’s a top player but I think he’s worth closer to £50m or £60m. Kane is what I would consider a £100m player.

‘My fellow pundits have said he doesn’t score enough goals but his game isn’t really about that, although I do think he would score more if he played in a more attacking team such as Arsenal. I expect Rice to leave West Ham in the summer, I don’t know who he will join, but it’s time for him to move on.’

Redknapp was speaking on Sky Sports yesterday afternoon and responded when asked what sort of player Tottenham should be targeting this summer:

“Declan Rice. Arsenal are in the mix. Why can’t Spurs be in the mix? That’s the sort of level of player Tottenham need to be after right now"

It's both laughable and pathetic watching them all fall over themselves so to try forcing the sell Rice to their own Club agenda that it's clearly "time to move on" and "I love Rice and think he'd be a great player at Man Utd".

:rofl: :thdn:

I badly want us and him to win the ECL trophy just so he can tell them all to effectively do one, as he's more than happy winning trophies at his current Club whilst playing in Europe. See you all at the London Stadium next season!

This Club is where he's truly appreciated the most and it's genuine as well. Not faux love like all of a sudden "they get it" now he's in their poxy Team. We knew it and appreciated his qualities for an age now.
Last edited by Colours never run on Wed May 31, 2023 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Until somebody actually makes a bid it is all irrelevant.

Fernandez was worth £100m+ in January so Rice is worth that now. If we do not get a bid close to what we value him at he stays for another season, if we do he goes be that Arsenal, Bayern or whoever.

For me timing is the issue, we must have an agreement with Rice/his agents that if the deal is not done by say mid July at the latest he remains. We cannot have it all happening close to deadline by which time we will have done a chunk of our business without the money he generates.

Absent Rice (and Europe) we might have £60m to spread around 4/5 players, with him leaving that becomes £160m on 5/6, clearly the potential for better quality signings.
The Straw
Has liked: 550 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

'He doesn't score enough goals from midfield, for £100m you need much more, you need goals from a midfielder, he's not worth that'.

Just going to put Toni Kroos' goals output for Real Madrid here. One of the very best central midfielders of the last decade who has won everything for club and country:

Toni Kroos. Real Madrid. Games: 416 Goals: 27.

Oh, and here's Luca Modric's Real Madrid's goal record whilst i'm at it:

Luca Modric. Real Madrid. Games: 487 Goals: 37.

Those two are the best central midfielders of the last decade for me. Amazing footballers. Worth more than money to their team. Who won it all.

The pundits are either absolute simpletons or being extremely cynical.

For me it's the latter. They all know how good Declan is and they all want him.

c****.
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

If Aresenal want him for the £70m that they have offered, then I would consider that amount if they also threw in:

1. Folarin Balogun
2. Emile Smith Rowe
3. Nuno Tavares
4. Kieran Tierney
5. Reiss Nelson
Colours never run wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:44 pm Just 1 of them or all 5?
First 2 are non-negotiable.

Then at least one of 3-5.
Colours never run

Once he's finally enjoying himself away on his holidays hopefully unscathed, the smartest thing I'd hope the Club did was try to do the bulk of our business before he is sold. Yes that would require the remaining Dildo and Kretinsky dipping in to their reserves but they know they'll recoup it back once they sell Rice later in the window when the bidding hots up. Because if we do it the other way around, I can see selling Clubs taking the piss out of us asking for silly money for players we want, as they'll know we now have the Rice cash.

If we must sell Rice something along the lines of..

Centre Midfield - James Ward-Prowse - £50m
Left-Back - Raphael Guerriero - £25m
Forward - Harvey Barnes - £40m
Striker - Jonathan David - £60m

Sell Rice for £120m plus at least £60m we'd have in the transfer kitty anyway making a realistic £180m to spend this summer. No doubt they'll also be outgoings too. Quality over quantity.

Just double checked Guerrieros contract and it states it's actually up this summer! I would at least love us to try and get him by enquiring..

As for Modric/Kroos who have been pulling around 4/5 goals a season whilst playing Centre Mid for Real Madrid, I reckon Rice would get more than double those figures if he played surrounded by all that quality every season. He manages 5 a season with us everytime now and that's in a counter attacking West Ham side as a Defensive Midfielder by comparison.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Johnny Fingers wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:51 pm Alan Smith saying

Stop right there....
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

hammersk wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:22 am If Aresenal want him for the £70m that they have offered, then I would consider that amount if they also threw in:

1. Folarin Balogun
2. Emile Smith Rowe
3. Nuno Tavares
4. Kieran Tierney
5. Reiss Nelson

First 2 are non-negotiable.

Then at least one of 3-5.
I’d want all 5 and 70m
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

The tears from Arsenal fans when he doesn’t sign for them is going to be a great sight.
Kevor94
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kevor94 »

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

not sure I would want any of the arsenal reserves offered. 120m cash or f off back to N London.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2945 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Colours never run wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:32 am
Just double checked Guerrieros contract and it states it's actually up this summer! I would at least love us to try and get him by enquiring..
Raphaël Guerreiro won't join a mid-table side. He's looking for Championsleague football only at this point. One of Tuchel's targets for Bayern. On a free. Wages 200k upwards.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:31 am not sure I would want any of the arsenal reserves offered. 120m cash or f off back to N London.
Arsenal want Cut Price Rice( :shocker: )
Man Utd former player next to nobody in the current game gives a big sloppy ***** about says 'Rice Price Not Nice'
Some other no mark twat from some shitehawk club says, Rice worth Half Price.
Just fek reet off

'West Ham United are not interested in selling one of our best players to clubs we consider as our nearest rivals and competitors'

Grow some balls, great big hard ones.
Fak the lot of em.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:44 am Raphaël Guerreiro won't join a mid-table side. He's looking for Championsleague football only at this point. One of Tuchel's targets for Bayern. On a free. Wages 200k upwards.
Depending on your definition it could be argued we've not been a mid table side for the last 4 years at least.

Pack your backs Rapha.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2945 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:56 am Depending on your definition it could be argued we've not been a mid table side for the last 4 years at least.

I like that view.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

So no-one is willing to meet West Ham's £120m valuation of Rice?

Well then don't sell him.

Hopefully we'll win the UECL, get into the UEL next year, and will have a midfield of Rice & Paqueta around which to build a team.