Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by hammers92 »

Apparently he’s not a leader.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Moyes: Rice fee would 'blow British record out of water'
Declan Rice will command a fee which will not just smash the British record but "blow it out of the water" if he leaves West Ham, says boss David Moyes.

Chelsea signed Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez for £107m on Wednesday, making him the most expensive Premier League signing ever.

England midfielder Rice, 24, has played 224 times for the Hammers since his 2017 debut and now captains the club.

"Undoubtedly Declan is going to be a top player," said Moyes.

"He'll be a British transfer record if he ever leaves West Ham."

Rice, who joined the Hammers youth set-up in 2014, only has 18 months left on his contract and has reportedly turned down new deals.

Asked after Saturday's 1-1 Premier League draw with Newcastle if Rice's departure was inevitable, Moyes said: "I hope it's not, I hope he sees his time here."

more...
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

224 appearances having just turned 24 a couple of weeks ago is madness.

If he played his whole career with us, he'd have a very good chance of overtaking Bonds and playing the most games in our history.

Someone let him know!
norfolkhammer
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by norfolkhammer »

Top class performance today from Dec. Sure going to miss him if and when…
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:20 pm 224 appearances having just turned 24 a couple of weeks ago is madness.
And all as a Premier League player and counting. Knew the bloke was going to be very special from early on and he hasn't disappointed.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Colours never run wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:59 pm And all as a Premier League player and counting. Knew the bloke was going to be very special from early on and he hasn't disappointed.
To be fair CNR, you did call it. I’ve read your page one posts and you went big on him early. Who do you like in u21 and u18?
🤞
The Straw
Has liked: 595 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by The Straw »

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:03 am To be fair CNR, you did call it. I’ve read your page one posts and you went big on him early. Who do you like in u21 and u18?
🤞
Just had a look at the first few pages of this thread after reading this post. Fascinating reading. I did the same thing on the Harry Kane thread on the Spurs forum a while ago as well (some of which is amazing - would recommend). It's a good way of keeping perspective on young players and there's always a few laughs with the benefit of hindsight.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:03 am To be fair CNR, you did call it. I’ve read your page one posts and you went big on him early. Who do you like in u21 and u18?
🤞
Not seen anything of Rice's level coming through of course but I have previously liked the looks of Mubama, Marshall, Scarles out of all the current crop of youngsters trying to break through. Could even be more than that coming through the youth ranks I'm not as aware of, as the set up right now does seem to be producing some half decent talent again. Wouldn't be surprised to see more than 1 make it in to the Senior Squad on a regular basis at some point.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Who do we think is most likely to buy him?
Chelsea have always been the most likely to but after how much they've recently spent, would they be able to?
He wants to win things; I reckon he might prefer it to be ManC.
Maybe Arsenal.
Colours never run

Out of Man City and Real Madrid would be my guess.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1669 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I'd love to watch him turning out for Real but if they get Bellingham, with Camavinga and Tschoumeni (sp) they'll be set for the next 10 plus years.

Bayern could use a brilliant CM as could PSG

that's about all I see but...with Pep binning off the hybrid Cancelo there might be an opening up there now which I didn't see before...he's so brilliant (Pep) that he could tweak their system as he has for Haaland to fit in Dec...

I think Gundogan is absolutely brilliant and he's ooc this summer. they might give him another season and tutor Dec.........

maybe........

oh and today ? and truly Noble-esque performance....
Pete647580
Has liked: 1217 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Just to say, he has incredible fitness levels. Played every minute of every PL game this season, been flat out for most of them.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Samba wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:01 am Who do we think is most likely to buy him?
Chelsea have always been the most likely to but after how much they've recently spent, would they be able to?
He wants to win things; I reckon he might prefer it to be ManC.
Maybe Arsenal.
Chelsea mate. Go back a few pages.
BoleynInsider
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by BoleynInsider »

He’s off to Chelsea, doesn’t want to relocate with a young family.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

chelsea or arsenal 120m

such a shame we didnt invest last jan and get CL for him to stay.

maybe he leads us on an amazing run and we win the ECL he decides one more season ?
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Colours never run wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:25 am Not seen anything of Rice's level coming through of course but I have previously liked the looks of Mubama, Marshall, Scarles out of all the current crop of youngsters trying to break through. Could even be more than that coming through the youth ranks I'm not as aware of, as the set up right now does seem to be producing some half decent talent again. Wouldn't be surprised to see more than 1 make it in to the Senior Squad on a regular basis at some point.
Thanks CNR. Agree perhaps our best wave of new talent on it's way. Personally, big fan of give youth a chance and to be fair we could not have done much more without affecting results, in what was (note was) a difficult period.
Cheers :winker:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Why is he basically saying he’s off? Even if it is obvious it shouldn’t be said in public.

Spoken like a man who knows he’s off also.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

BoleynInsider wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:15 am He’s off to Chelsea, doesn’t want to relocate with a young family.
So Chelsea are going to spend another £100 million on a central midfielder?

He’s 7/1 to go to Chelsea.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

If the club want to sell Declan this coming summer then the best thing that could happen is we receive a bid from more than one club, so that starts a bidding war and the price will continue to rise.

I think whoever we sell Declan to I’ll be amazed if we don’t ask for at least one player as part of the deal, whether it’s this summer or the windows that follow, to help that club pay some of the instalments they’ll owe us. As we may not receive the full fee in one hit. That’s how the influx of out of favour Man Utd players to Everton started to take place under Moyes. Rooney buggered off to Man Utd and coincidentally the wave of players to Everton started to take place.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Billydinho wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:21 pm So Chelsea are going to spend another £100 million on a central midfielder?

He’s 7/1 to go to Chelsea.
He would be the perfect player to play with Enzo in midfield.