Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Pete647580 »

Rozzop wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:00 am Who was the last world class player that stayed with his club and not leave for a team challenging for leagues and trophies?

I genuinely can't think of one.
Agree with all of this.

I think the point about Rooney is interesting - Moyes has experience of hanging on to, then selling, a player acknowledged as the best prospect of his generation. If anyone can keep Rice here for a year or to Moyes can.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Diogenes wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:44 am To pretty much be guaranteed trophies and top European football every season. Anything over £75m will interest the club and £100m is a no brainer. Its then down to the lad. And why wouldn't he want to test himself with and against the very best? Everything we like about him supports that very notion. Planning for anything else is, I believe, unrealistic.
£100m is a no brainer for who? Sullivan. That's it.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Georgee Paris wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:02 am Grealish is a great example or warning of what Deccers can expect if he joins City or any other super club. 1 minute the next big thing the next just another squad number.
I think Rice is a completely different character to Grealish in respect to temperament and maturity. You just know that Declan would simply crank it up a notch to become one of the first names on the team sheet at any of the top 3.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I personally think the media want Declan to leave West Ham more than Declan himself wants to. I also don’t think as many of the top sides are sniffing around him as much as the media want to believe either. He’s the new Jack Grealish the media desperately want to see move to their favourite ‘super six’ clubs.

I really do believe as long as we don’t go backwards he’ll stay for at least 2 more seasons.

1 thing I however have no been impressed with is the fact we still haven’t tied him down to a new contract. I am sure I heard from 1 or 2 of the ITKs his recent contract offers still wouldn’t of made him the highest paid player at the club. If that is true, the fact that he is not only the club’s star player, and has been for quite a few seasons now, but has also been captain for 2 seasons now, that offer is simply unacceptable.

If we make the effort and he still turns the offer/a down, then fair enough. There’s nothing you can do about that. But if what I have heard is true, no wonder he has been.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Rozzop wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:00 am Who was the last world class player that stayed with his club and not leave for a team challenging for leagues and trophies?
Despite his best efforts I think Harry Kane may well join this very short list of lifers.

He has made more attempts to leave than Papillon and like Andy Difresne he will have to crawl through 500 yards of sewage before reaching the outer parameter of WHL.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1162 likes
Total likes: 674 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

funky chicken wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:12 am I personally think the media want Declan to leave West Ham more than Declan himself wants to.
Lots to agree with within. All about generating clicks. Yes he must be at least equal highest earner next season. And official captain, no matter who stays in the squad.
👍🇨🇿
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

ironilunga wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:16 am Despite his best efforts I think Harry Kane may well join this very short list of lifers.

He has made more attempts to leave than Papillon and like Andy Difresne he will have to crawl through 500 yards of sewage before reaching the outer parameter of WHL.
To be fair, that's just the normal entrance / exit, right?
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

ironilunga wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 am I think Rice is a completely different character to Grealish in respect to temperament and maturity. You just know that Declan would simply crank it up a notch to become one of the first names on the team sheet at any of the top 3.
Wonder how long till Guardiola tires of Grealish spending more time on his off the pitch pursuits than he does his football.

100m was just ludicrous.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

“As Mich was running through, I was thinking ‘please let it be a goal, because the place is going to erupt’!” Rice recalled at the final whistle. “The roar was incredible."

You wont get that in the 3rd round of the cup at any of the so called big six Dec. Very happy hearing him say that.

:newthumb:
Ethanadict
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 250 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

I genuinely can't think of one.

Sir Trevor Brooking was one of the first names on the England team sheet, and he stayed with West Ham when we were relegated and then helped to bring us back up. Maybe it’s fitting that he scored the goal when we last won a trophy.

And yes, Le Tissier does count. Top clubs wanted him but he stayed with his boyhood club.

Ok, I accept they’re not recent…

Gerrard stayed at Liverpool when they weren’t doing so well, in fact at the time they often weren’t doing as well as West Ham coming 6th believe it or not. But he believed in his club and showed the drive and determination to yank them up the league. The team was built around him.

As a club we need to invest in some more great players, like Zouma, to push us on so that Declan sees progress and the potential. Then we make him our highest earner and offer him a salary that is closer to the £150k-£200k p/w that the likes of Man Utd might offer.

I still think he loves it at West Ham. We just need to take away the reasons to leave.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

ironilunga wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:16 am Despite his best efforts I think Harry Kane may well join this very short list of lifers.

Brilliant! :smiler:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Jim White

"West Ham fans, we have some Declan Rice news coming up"
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 354 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

S-H wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:44 am Jim White

"West Ham fans, we have some Declan Rice news coming up"

If White didn't add the word BIG or HUGE in there it's most likely nothing much, but nothing would surprise me any more...

I did wonder (hope?) the other day when Antonios's contract renewal was announced and Moyes said there were more to come and the club would announce soon, if Rice had, you know, signed an extension :chin:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Probably signed a new contract bla bla bla
S-H

Post by S-H »

Billy Hunt wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:54 am If White didn't add the word BIG or HUGE in there it's most likely nothing much, but nothing would surprise me any more...

I did wonder (hope?) the other day when Antonios's contract renewal was announced and Moyes said there were more to come and the club would announce soon, if Rice had, you know, signed an extension :chin:
Would be nice, wouldn't it?
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Talk Sh!te bait I reckon.
"Talk Sport can exclusively reveal that Manchester United might be interested in either Rice or another CM at some point in the next 18 months". We will bring you more as this story develops"
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

“West Ham fans don’t panic, he stays… in this window that’s for sure!”

Such a wind-up merchant 😂
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

You may know my theory...

If Jesse is bought by us (not a 6 month loan) it means he would have had an assurance from Declan that he is staying.

I think that we would not be a very attractive proposition without him.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Yeah, it’s nothing news.

White saying he’s been told we wouldn’t sell Rice for anything in this window short of something starting with £200m. Also said he’s going nowhere this window but understands he will move on at some point.

Basically, they don’t have a clue and are just creating fake news because they’ve got nothing to talk about.
S-H

Post by S-H »

"No price on earth they would sell for this window.."