Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Knighter10WHU »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:20 pm No club can spend at the level Chelsea are for any length of time.
I mean they've done a pretty good job of it for the past 20 years. City for the past 15. Real Madrid forever.
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by D C »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:22 pm I mean they've done a pretty good job of it for the past 20 years. City for the past 15. Real Madrid forever.
Chelsea are ****ing their future spending power by allocating chunks of current transfer fees on future windows meaning they’ll have less and less to spend in those windows

Even Madrid and City are much more astute in the market including good sales
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Chelsea's net spend since the summer is way above anything Man City or Real Madrid have ever done in that timespan.

The owner gives the impression that he's desperate to make a statement. In spite of that they are some way behind the top 4, and still behind Spurs and Liverpool.

No football club can spend £400m/£500m every six months and get away with failing.

In spite of all this money, there are several clubs competing with both Chelsea and Liverpool for 6th and 7th. Smart coaching , smart recruitment v the Chelsea scattergun and Liverpool's asthma medication.

If Rice's aim is CL football within the PL, he probably needs to hope Man City come calling - the rest of them's fate is always in doubt.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:52 am Beat Derby on Monday night and we'll be in the last 16 of two competitions that get us the same level of competition as the team that finishes 5th.

Let's see how things unfold.
Lovely for us but irrelevant to Rice staying this summer I'd imagine. He wants to be competing for the 2 big trophies.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:10 pm Lovely for us but irrelevant to Rice staying this summer I'd imagine. He wants to be competing for the 2 big trophies.
Who's going to take him that's actually competing for them?

He's a good player but people on here over-regard him because he plays for us and if he wasn't homegrown there would be very little fuss made of him, imo.
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 pm Who's going to take him that's actually competing for them?

He's a good player but people on here over-regard him because he plays for us and if he wasn't homegrown there would be very little fuss made of him, imo.
Man City signed Phillips for £50m and he hardly plays. Rice is a better player.

Rice walks straight into the Liverpool side.
WCpete
Has liked: 1497 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Post by WCpete »

And I think he's still a fit for Man Utd. With Caicedo going to Arsenal I suppose there's less need for him there now. Unless the Thomas Partey party ends.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2751 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

If we were willing to take huge money for Rice, we'd do it right now. Chelsea have broken FFP temporarily with their 8 year contract shenanigans but that will be closed in the summer.
Let's face it, the chance to get 100mil+ from an English club is gone unless we take Chelsea money now, (if they still want him that is). We'll be lucky to get over 80 in the summer unless Real Madrid or PSG get involved & there's a bidding war.
However, if Chelsea do sign Caceido they aren't signing Rice or anyone else for that matter in the Summer as they're going to get slapped by UEFA imo & are unlikelyto get CL this season.
Liverpool don't spend big, Man City don't need him so that just leaves Man U & Arsenal & he wants to stay in London apparently.
I believe that Arsenal will bottle the league but even if they don't, Rice doesn't walk into that starting 11, Partey, Ødegaard & Xakha are superb together & will only get better. Who does he replace..?
He could be here for a good while yet lads...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

if Madrid get Bellingham you can cross another one off the list.

Modric signed for one more year as I think did Kroos.

combined with the fact they just spent 150M plus on Camavinga and Tschoumenie (sps ? ) they're not spending any more......and they also have Valverde who after a poor couple of seasons, had one of the best in La Liga last year.

to be honest if we get a bid in the summer anywhere around the 80-90 plus...I'd take it because the pool of vacancies isn't getting bigger, it's shrinking....Liverpool and ManU is about it as it stands if the other transfers go through as expected.
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

Double post, fat finger - see below
Last edited by mickthekeeper on Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mickthekeeper

Post by mickthekeeper »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:22 am if Madrid get Bellingham you can cross another one off the list.

Modric signed for one more year as I think did Kroos.

combined with the fact they just spent 150M plus on Camavinga and Tschoumenie (sps ? ) they're not spending any more......and they also have Valverde who after a poor couple of seasons, had one of the best in La Liga last year.

to be honest if we get a bid in the summer anywhere around the 80-90 plus...I'd take it because the pool of vacancies isn't getting bigger, it's shrinking....Liverpool and ManU is about it as it stands if the other transfers go through as expected.
Read an article yesterday (can’t find it now) in the Mail that said Madrid had ‘given up’ on pursuing/getting Rice as he had already indicated he’d already told Arsenal he’d go there in the Summer.

Obviously is likely all paper talk and Rice will go where he goes - hopefully new owners and a final might change his mind, but I doubt it

(Found it)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... senal.html
Bilic'sLimp
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Bilic'sLimp »

Don't get the arsenal link.

It will be quite the turnaround if they win trophy after trophy. He'll be joining after they win the league so obviously won't get that medal. They're not champions league contenders, they're not even it right now!

He's good enough to go to the top of the game and with arsenal that won't happen.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Bilic'sLimp wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:54 am He's good enough to go to the top of the game and with arsenal that won't happen.
I’m not so sure about this. If you look at how much he elevates West Ham, bottle it and then put that into the current Arsenal side it’s quite scary.

Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard are only just getting started too and will only get better. Then add the fact Partey has not completed over 25 league games a season since he joined them and it all adds up.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

there wont be a shortage of teams after rice - liverpool man utd arsenal and chelsea. he walks into all those teams. I reckon man utd will be his destination with mctominay joining us and 70m . that would value dec at around 100m
mickthekeeper

Post by mickthekeeper »

hammers92 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:02 am I’m not so sure about this. If you look at how much he elevates West Ham, bottle it and then put that into the current Arsenal side it’s quite scary.

Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard are only just getting started too and will only get better. Then add the fact Partey has not completed over 25 league games a season since he joined them and it all adds up.
Agreed , Rice easily replaces Xhaka and Partey in the middle - him alongside odegaard would be some midfield if he continues with his current form
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:42 pm Who's going to take him that's actually competing for them?

Seems crazy to me that a West Ham fan who actually watches him every week can think that.

If anything, he's underrated because he's English and plays for West Ham. It's the popular thing to do now to say any English player is massively overrated.

Football people know though. That's why they want him. If he was French and had been available for Camavinga or even Tchoaumeni fees, he'd already be playing for Real. He might still end up doing so when all said and done.
Last edited by Aztec Hammer on Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1365 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:09 am there wont be a shortage of teams after rice - liverpool man utd arsenal and chelsea. he walks into all those teams. I reckon man utd will be his destination with mctominay joining us and 70m . that would value dec at around 100m
Casemiro is 31 next month , and the biggest single influence on the Manc improvement, ten Hag is far too shrewd not to be thinking about a replacement over the next year or so, Rice this summer makes a lot of sense.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Big clubs don't buy players because they necessarily need them at any given point in time, they buy them anyway because they can and to stop a rival getting them

They all have big squads to allow then to compete in four competitions plus they are alwYa looking to evolve and improve.

Rice might not walk into every side immediately (although wouldn't be far off IMHO) but they would all still want him

There are very few players in the world who cover his amount of ground, week in week out and are never injured. He is probably one of the fittest players in the world - and that is a huge plus for the Prenier League
GeeGee78
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 161 likes

Post by GeeGee78 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:28 am Seems crazy to me that a West Ham fan who actually watches him every week can think that.

If anything, he's underrated because he's English and plays for West Ham. It's the popular thing to do now to say any English player is massively overrated.

Football people know though. That's why they want him. If he was French and had been available for Camavinga or even Tchoaumeni fees, he'd already be playing for Real. He might still end up doing so when all said and done.
This may be heresy, but Rice kind of reminds me of Fernando Redondo.

Not quite as fluid and vision and passing not quite as good or as crisp, but he is quite a similar player. Similar movements comfortable on the ball, fluid mover, moves slow but can explode and change pace as needed.

I too think Rice will look way way better in a really strong team.

Will be interesting to see his price but if it stayd relative to other players, it will be 70 mill plus.
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:22 am if Madrid get Bellingham you can cross another one off the list.
I see that as if a premiership team (Man City or Liverpool) don't get Bellingham then they have £100m burning a hole in their pocket.