Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The hayfield
Has liked: 426 likes
Total likes: 176 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by The hayfield »

Diogenes wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:18 pm Dont be an idiot. You belittled other supporters as being unambitious if they dont share your view.Its what you actually said! Also, so 'every' one of my post is in support of Moyes and GSB. Well, the former I grant you as I have been both supportive and critical. GSB, get out of here. I'm not a militant but show me a post where I have been unequivocal in my support. B*ll*cks.

Also, how much you pay for your ticket to support your argument is absolutely laughable. So we should disregard the opinions of all those on here who dont go at all should we? If you really do follow my posts to make your previous comments you will know that I am a 1966 Season Ticket holder, but my 'opinion' holds no more weight than anybody elses? Stop digging Hayfield.
you originally commented on my post . Why would I follow you're posts you're nothing to me fella.
abbeyiron

Post by abbeyiron »

I guess this is why all clubs have media people in place to jump in when reporters ask awkward questions! Sadly no one was there to save him answering the question and you wouldn’t expect him to say he is not bothered about winning or playing Champions League. He could have answered a different way but that’s easy to say after the event.
Hammer1966
Has liked: 237 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Hammer1966 »

Already posted
The hayfield

Post by The hayfield »

If Sullivan gold and Brady are still in charge of the club after this season. Il 100% not renew my season ticket and I suspect there's thousands upon thousands thinking the same which should seriously worry the club .
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1085 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

I'm surprised Declan is still here to be honest... I've been saying 'another 12 months' each summer for the last 3 seasons. I actually think the relative success coupled with nobody actually coming in for him has kept him here. There wasn't a big need to push from his side at any point.

He's likely now had the nod that a few clubs are coming in for him hence the change of stance.

I don't think the club were wrong to make him captain... I do think his comments are somewhat naïve but not sinister.

He'll end up at Chelsea in my view and I'll wish him luck.

Ultimately I don't think anything could ever really have kept him here. Not money, not investment, not the owners...
The hayfield

Post by The hayfield »

Paul peschisolido let the cat out the bag a few years ago . GSB got WHUFC for around the £20m mark with the promise of clearing the debt . Guess what they've never cleared the debt yet kretinskys deal values the club at around the £700m mark . Is it any wonder there's so much resentment towards them . They will sell up long before labour come to power in 2024 mark my words .
westlondonhammer

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:12 am Paul peschisolido let the cat out the bag a few years ago . GSB got WHUFC for around the £20m mark with the promise of clearing the debt . Guess what they've never cleared the debt yet kretinskys deal values the club at around the £700m mark . Is it any wonder there's so much resentment towards them . They will sell up long before labour come to power in 2024 mark my words .
What is the relevant to Rice? Genuine question...
The hayfield

Post by The hayfield »

Chelsea struggle to sell out a 40 000 seater stadium yet you're adamant rice is only going to go there . Yet I'm the one dug out yet again.
The hayfield

Post by The hayfield »

As I responded to Diogenes. I'm ambitious for this club otherwise what was the point of leaving Upton park . :crest:
westlondonhammer

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:01 am Chelsea struggle to sell out a 40 000 seater stadium yet you're adamant rice is only going to go there . Yet I'm the one dug out yet again.
Dug out? I only asked a question

Yes, I don't think he cares how many seats are sold in the stadium. Over the last 20 years they've won quite a bit and he grew up a Chelsea supporter.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

He has said before that he has “unfinished business” there. He was born in Kingston and spent his childhood at Chelsea.

IF they make an offer and IF it is accepted, I think he’ll choose to go back.
westlondonhammer

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:04 am As I responded to Diogenes. I'm ambitious for this club otherwise what was the point of leaving Upton park . :crest:
I didn't see your response to Diogenes... lots to go through in any thread, I just responded to the latest post. I'm not sure you answered my question? So you think Rice is leaving the club because of the lack of ambition from the owners? Not really sure their ambition has anything to do with him wanting to play for an elite club winning trophies to be honest.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

rice is going because we cant match his ambitions of CL and winning something. he is 23 and has the best years ahead of him. a nice 5 year deal at one of the sky 6 will be what he wants. going to be hard seeing him in another shirt next season but if he wont sign a new contract with us we have to sell him in the summer 23 at the latest. I can even see him going in january after he has finished the WC with his mates !
relegation battle or CL after xmas and a nice 200k contract at a club challenging ???

yes we splashed in the summer but that followed some lean windows and I doubt we will spend much in january unless rice goes.

The choices we may have with dec valued at 120m

chelsea - 80m plus gallagher
liverpoll 100m plus nat philips
city 80m plus kalvin philips
man utd 80m plus mctominay

chelsea deal probably the best for us and him ?
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

I'd wish him well wherever he goes but I admit I'd find it particularly difficult if its Chelsea, I think I would just be extremely ambivalent to him

Dream scenario its Madrid, Munich or Citeh
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

westlondonhammer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:03 amI don't think the club were wrong to make him captain... I do think his comments are somewhat naïve but not sinister.
Pretty much as I see it. :newthumb:

He still lacks a bit of maturity. That’s not a dig. He’s still relatively young.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

It would probably have been best to have sold him last summer and done something with the money by now. But if an offer didn't come in then that's how it goes, but we would need to see him sold this summer or risk him going a free the next.
I hate to say it but i never felt an affinity with him being west ham or west hams captain as i do mark noble or i maybe would Flynn Downes.

Yes he's a great player but not bigger than the club, i'd rather he helped us win things but he won't and nothing will change that.
I'm not particularly going to have a go at the club as ultimately nothing can change a players wishes.
However, as with everything else, January was when the money should have been pumped in to win the europa league (or finishing higher in the league and either way getting champions league football)and i think that decision not to spend then might haunt us for years a sit was probably our only chance, but i don't know if that was down to moyes or the club.

But it does mean we are still a bit of a mediocre mid table club really
Benaloon
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 412 likes

Post by Benaloon »

His whole family are Chelsea supporters, his best mate won the CL with them, his idol is John Terry.

If there's even a chance of Chelsea he will take it over all others.

This last 10 years has basically been him working back to where he thinks he always should have been. I don't hold it against him, and he's obviously given his all and been great for us, but I've never been convinced this is actually where he wants to be.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

It will be sad to see him in a Chelsea shirt. If he went abroad I could probably handle it.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Benaloon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:29 am His whole family are Chelsea supporters, his best mate won the CL with them, his idol is John Terry.

If there's even a chance of Chelsea he will take it over all others.

This last 10 years has basically been him working back to where he thinks he always should have been. I don't hold it against him, and he's obviously given his all and been great for us, but I've never been convinced this is actually where he wants to be.
if his ties are really that strong then this is quite a worry because chelsea could play on that fact, not make an offer this summer then he goes there on a free the following season.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

The hayfield wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:01 am Chelsea struggle to sell out a 40 000 seater stadium yet you're adamant rice is only going to go there . Yet I'm the one dug out yet again.
Absolute rubbish.