Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ethanadict
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Ethanadict »

Be interesting to see what happens in the Summer and the pecking order of the midfielders.

Bellingham looks like he will be first pick. Declan second I imagine, with Mount third. Chuck in Maddison too of course. Four decent English players.

Be a shame to see any of them end up like Calvin Philips getting splinters on their backside.
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

The irony is that if we sell Rice, we could probably get Phillips and Mount with the same £££...
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Mason Mount signs for West Ham :rofl:

What are you lot talking about.
Billbobtrev
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Billbobtrev »

prophet:marginal wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:18 am Mason Mount signs for West Ham :rofl:

What are you lot talking about.
west ham United have had vastly better players than mason mount fella . And will have in the :future as well . Never known a fanbase with so many people in it who like belittling the club at every turn .
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3173 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Billbobtrev wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:27 am west ham United have had vastly better players than mason mount fella . And will have in the :future as well . Never known a fanbase with so many people in it who like belittling the club at every turn .
Realism shouldn't offend you so much. It is not belittling the club to suggest ideas of signing Mason Mount, a Champions League winner in his prime who is wanted by Liverpool among other clubs, would not be interested in signing for West Ham.

We've had better players than Rashford, Stones, Saka and Bellingham, too, but I'd laugh at a notion we might sign them, too.

Billbobtrev wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:27 am west ham United have had vastly better players than mason mount fella . And will have in the :future as well . Never known a fanbase with so many people in it who like belittling the club at every turn .
There is no chance we sign him. How many fanbases have you studied to make that conclusion?
Billbobtrev
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Billbobtrev »

Prophet mark my words. West ham will end up in the hands of someone absolutely stinking rich . 2 years ago no doubt you would have belittled Newcastle chances of signing him as well . Chelsea for all there success struggle to fill a stadium that holds 40 000 . And that is a fact.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3173 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Well, we aren't owned by anyone like that.

And players care about trophies and success. And reputation.

Billbobtrev wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:52 am Prophet mark my words. West ham will end up in the hands of someone absolutely stinking rich . 2 years ago no doubt you would have belittled Newcastle chances of signing him as well . Chelsea for all there success struggle to fill a stadium that holds 40 000 . And that is a fact.
West Ham are already in the hands of a billionaire, or two.

Newcastle haven't signed him either.

You appear to be lying prediction alongside fact and complaining when people spot the difference.

Mason Mount doesn't decide his future on the number of seats that are not sat on in his home stadium.
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

Wilko1304 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:53 am Well, we aren't owned by anyone like that.

And players care about trophies and success. And reputation.
This all hits on a really good debate.

The more the decades pass from the 60s/70s and early 80s, the status of West Ham United continues to be diluted.

In truth, I remember John Lyall being turned down by every single centre forward alive even in the late 80s.

Even this summer just gone, I think Kostic must have laughed his backside off when we sniffed around him.

For many out there, we are viewed as a poor career choice to say the very least.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 4737 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Billbobtrev wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:52 am Prophet mark my words. West ham will end up in the hands of someone absolutely stinking rich . 2 years ago no doubt you would have belittled Newcastle chances of signing him as well . Chelsea for all there success struggle to fill a stadium that holds 40 000 . And that is a fact.
But we're not currently in those hands. And Liverpool allegedly want Mount. We'd be laughed out of the room.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

One Peter Butler wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:06 am

In truth, I remember John Lyall being turned down by every single centre forward alive even in the late 80s.

Even the man from Del Monte , he say No
Believer
Has liked: 1428 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Believer »

Had we kicked on from last season to once again challenge the top 6, I reckon there would have been more chance of Mount joining Dec here than Rice going Chelsea.

However, our pathetic, limp season has resulted in the likes of Rice leaving, whilst others are probably in the same boat.

I genuinely believe Rice would have committed to the club had things gone better and the steady progress continued. Yet again, this club has blown an opportunity to kick on..
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1380 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

I honestly think we should change our captain. I think Rice is trying hard physically but mentally it's affecting his game.

He feels he needs to drag us along, whilst knowing he's moving on next year, and it's just not working.

If things were going well I would see keep the armband but it's not happening for him so a change is needed.

I think it would help Rice to regain some better form, the little bit he's lost trying to carry this shower.

Of course the question is who it goes to? There isn't a clear alternative. Ogbonna doesn't play enough and Soucek isn't people's favourite. But as Moyes plays him every game I would give it to Soucek for now and see how it goes.

This isn't a criticism of Rice. He's been failed this season and the weight is on his shoulders holding him back.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Reportedly wants £250k pw which is why the contract talks stalled

Absolutely no chance he’s coming here
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

his form has been poor recently. the penalty appeal they had second half where he lost his man and lazily tried to stop him by falling on top of him. lucky it wasnt a penalty. we have no other candidates that play regularly for the armband so he keeps it for the last few games of the season.

I like others believe he would have stayed had we been top 6 now but moyes and co have completely destroyed the previous good work.

moyes goes on about the last 2 years being good. well in the PL we have been awful for over 12 months. two good matches in europe against lyon and seville dont cover the cracks. if only they had got rid around the world cup. too late now.

I reckon rice and scamacca will leave in the summer, possibly paqueta .
goa127
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Had we have finished top 4 last season Rice would still leave. Leicester won the league in 2016 but lost half their team to 'big' clubs. It's just about status. To most people West Ham are a decent well supported mid table team. I hate to say it but we are not even considered in the same breath as them from N17, and they're considered wanabees. It's the reason we buy flawed players. The top ones won't sign for us, and it's nothing to do with our training ground or weirdo chairman
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

goa127 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:29 am Had we have finished top 4 last season Rice would still leave. Leicester won the league in 2016 but lost half their team to 'big' clubs. It's just about status. To most people West Ham are a decent well supported mid table team. I hate to say it but we are not even considered in the same breath as them from N17, and they're considered wanabees. It's the reason we buy flawed players. The top ones won't sign for us, and it's nothing to do with our training ground or weirdo chairman
Agreed with all of that apart from the **** training facilities and idiot chairman, they are contributors to our shitness, and player views on us

Didn’t Kehrer say its the worst top level training facilities he’s ever seen?
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

goa127 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:29 am Had we have finished top 4 last season Rice would still leave. Leicester won the league in 2016 but lost half their team to 'big' clubs. It's just about status. To most people West Ham are a decent well supported mid table team. I hate to say it but we are not even considered in the same breath as them from N17, and they're considered wanabees. It's the reason we buy flawed players. The top ones won't sign for us, and it's nothing to do with our training ground or weirdo chairman
That is a very depressing read. Depressing because in essence it is true.
In the 60 years I've been following West Ham we've certainly had the opportunities to kick on to 'the next level' but somehow we always manage to f*** it up.
The current scenario is just the latest in a long line of f*** ups.
But there is always hope. Older ones amongst us will remember the joke that Chelsea were in the early 80's, playing in front of crowds of 10,000 (6,000 on a couple of occasions) and nearly dropping into the old 3rd division. No one then would have imagined then that they would become the force they have today.
As I said there's always hope.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1380 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Ozza wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:31 am

Didn’t Kehrer say its the worst top level training facilities he’s ever seen?
He should know, needs all the training and practice he can get.