The Mental Health Thread - (Help Contacts in First Post).

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Re: The Mental Health Thread - (Help Contacts in First Post).

Post by Samba »

rigoberts song wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:15 pm Fathers day along with my birthday and Xmas are days that kill me as I don't hear from my daughters.
Absolutely crucifies me.
My friends on here and in real life know and get me through it thankfully.
I hope things will be better for you one day, rs. :newthumb:
Samba

Post by Samba »

MitchamRob wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:02 am Hi all,
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Quick update I'm in the hospital tomorrow for more tests and an MRI scan then back next Monday for the results. What I didn't mention in my post was that it's prostate cancer they're worried about. Basically I have a few symptoms, my count was higher than normal and I have a fantastic family history of prostate cancer (dad and both his brothers had it) Apparently if caught early it's the best one to have as its the slowest grower and easily treated so still not overly worried. I'll update next week when I know a bit more.
Cheers Rob
Best of luck, Rob.
Where there's life, there's hope. :newthumb:
hammer etc
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by hammer etc »

MitchamRob wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:02 am Hi all,
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Quick update I'm in the hospital tomorrow for more tests and an MRI scan then back next Monday for the results. What I didn't mention in my post was that it's prostate cancer they're worried about. Basically I have a few symptoms, my count was higher than normal and I have a fantastic family history of prostate cancer (dad and both his brothers had it) Apparently if caught early it's the best one to have as its the slowest grower and easily treated so still not overly worried. I'll update next week when I know a bit more.
Cheers Rob
Good luck at the hospital. There is a thread on here I started a while back. I was diagnosed with low grade low level prostate cancer just before lockdown. Hopefully like mine yours is contained within the prostate. I am on watchfull waiting in that I have not needed any treatment yet. I'm about to have a PSA bloodtest and a hospital appointement later this month.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

All the best, Rob.

:fxd:
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I spend more and more time every day thinking of the 'best' way to end things. I know the advice that will come, and I appreciate it in advance, but I won't be talking to any professional about it ever. I'll either beat it or I won't.

I don't want to damage my kids. Will it f*** them up? Will I f*** them up more if I stick around?
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Mega Ron wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:24 am I spend more and more time every day thinking of the 'best' way to end things. I know the advice that will come, and I appreciate it in advance, but I won't be talking to any professional about it ever. I'll either beat it or I won't.

I don't want to damage my kids. Will it **** them up? Will I **** them up more if I stick around?
Ron you're a ****ing good bloke, and I hate to see you like this, man.

Please, please please don't think that your kids will be better off without you, because they WON'T be, not at all, not ever!

I know it might not seem like it at the moment, dude, but life is precious, and so are you kids, they love you, and need you, no matter what you might be telling yourself.

If you won't talk to a professional, then at least keep posting, please?

Lot's of love

x
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

S-H wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:34 am Ron you're a ****ing good bloke, and I hate to see you like this, man.

Please, please please don't think that your kids will be better off without you, because they WON'T be, not at all, not ever!

I know it might not seem like it at the moment, dude, but life is precious, and so are you kids, they love you, and need you, no matter what you might be telling yourself.

If you won't talk to a professional, then at least keep posting, please?

Lot's of love

x
This, over and over and over again.
Please keep at it here Ron
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Mega Ron wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:24 am

I don't want to damage my kids. Will it **** them up? Will I **** them up more if I stick around?
You know it will damage them, far more than you ever can do by sticking around.
You know that I know, how hard at times sticking around can be, but you can do it.
F**k the professionals, talk to us.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

Honestly, I thought I was doing alright with my family but I've just been made to realise just how ****, and what a prick, I've been to them for at least the last few years. I thought it was the one good, strong thing I'd ever done. The reality is that how I saw things isn't how they have actually been.

I have known for a long time that I'm not good for people. I can be, for a while, but sooner or later they understand what they are getting and reject it. They go out without me and they have a great time. I go along and my role is somehow to spoil things.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Ron stay strong mate your children love you and need you, losing you would damage them forever do not give up mate you are a good man.

Keep posting on here there are people on here that will always be there for you, and you are not alone.

Love you mate :heart:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Ron,

If your posting is anything to go by, you seem like a funny, sharpe witted sort of a bloke. People won't always say it, but people like that are really decent human beings.

Don't doubt yourself.

Hang in there. :fist:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Ron - you come across on here as a good bloke and it’s good that you are sharing it.

Parenting is a bloody hard gig - the amount of crap that gets thrown at parents is unbelievable and sometimes it keeps on coming and you don’t know when it is going to stop. However, at some stage they will say something that makes you realise that whilst the relationship/situation is rough, that they love you and you will get through it. I don’t know your personal situation but is there anyone close to you that you can talk about it to?

Take care.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Thanks samba appreciate your support
Good luck with things Ron.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Mega Ron wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:24 am I spend more and more time every day thinking of the 'best' way to end things. I know the advice that will come, and I appreciate it in advance, but I won't be talking to any professional about it ever. I'll either beat it or I won't.

Talking to a professional in March 2020 arguably saved my life. It was ten minutes with the Doctor, a diagnosis and medication prescribed which I take to the day.

I look at myself now and realise how utterly horrendous suicide would’ve been. You’ll get there.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Mega Ron wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:23 am Honestly, I thought I was doing alright with my family but I've just been made to realise just how ****, and what a prick, I've been to them for at least the last few years. I thought it was the one good, strong thing I'd ever done. The reality is that how I saw things isn't how they have actually been.

I have known for a long time that I'm not good for people. I can be, for a while, but sooner or later they understand what they are getting and reject it. They go out without me and they have a great time. I go along and my role is somehow to spoil things.

Without playing Amateur Psychiatrist here I feel there's something deeper going on here with you , Ron [ no sh*t , Sherlock , I hear you say ] and if you won't agree to see a Professional [ I fully understand why you wouldn't want to by the way ] then choose someone you're close to and confide in them or even a complete stranger if you prefer - you've already taken the first step toward seeking help so take another - there's no shame in seeking medical help , if you broke your leg you wouldn't fix it yourself would you , the same applies to your Mental Health .
I don't know you personally , Ron , I've never met you but when you had to choose a Secret Santa present for me you went out of your way to choose something a bit special , you put a lot of thought into it , that to me says a lot about you and it certainly isn't ' Prick ' . There's a good man in there however way you dress yourself up and your children will have seen this many times over the years , they'd be devastated to learn how you're feeling just now , I promise you .
Talk to someone , Ron , please even if it's just us on here .
Samba

Post by Samba »

Mega Ron, do you know just how valuable you are to all of us on here?
100% no question it will damage them if you did something like that. You might not be seeing it that way right now but things like how you're feeling can distort our reality.
Just by you posting this stuff on here, tells me there's hope for you.
Keep posting if you need to, mate.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I'm so sorry to read this, Ron. It is heartbreaking to hear what you are going through, and what you feel needs to happen.

I have no idea what to say to you - other than to reiterate what others have said and to perhaps share some advice that a friend of mine once gave me.

Whatever is happening to you, whatever you have on your shoulders, as long as you wake up every morning, you have the opprtunity to fix it. And the only time that you don't have the chance to fix it - is when you don't wake up.

Ron, we all really want you to wake up every morning. We want you to come on here in 1 month, 6 months, 2 years, 5 years whatever and tell us that you had a good day. And in turn, we can keep telling you that that you are loved, and respected, and cared for. That what you write here is important. And if you can convey that importance in a few thousand posts on a poxy website - then I guarantee that you are important and cared for and loved by those who are in your actual life...even if it doesn't always feel that way

I feel like a failure every day. I fail my kids every day (in some small way). And because of the way my brain is wired, I find it impossible to recognise the positive things that happen. But they do happen. And even when I do genuinely let my kids down, I know that I can fix it. But I can only fix it...if I wake up again tomorrow.

Please mate, keep waking up every morning. You are needed.

:muscle: :muscle:
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Does anyone know him in the real world? He last posted on some kit threads this morning so he’s still on KUMB.

Taking my happy pills (legal antidepressants) is as much as my morning routine as putting the kettle on. However, I wash the tablet down with a shot glass of Volvic. I pretend I’m a clubber having it large.
Last edited by btajim - mcfc on Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:55 am Does anyone know him in the real world? He last posted on some kit threads this morning so he’s still on KUMB.

Taking my happy pills (legal antidepressants) is as much as my morning routine as putting the kettle on. However, I wash the tablet down with a shot gloss of Volvic. I pretend I’m a clubber having it large.
I'm hanging in there Jim. Doing lots of the things I need to do to get on with things like running and listening to podcasts.

Cheers for the thoughts on here gents (and ladies).
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

And there we go!

Exercise was thoroughly recommended to me but we went in to a first lockdown not long after so it wasn’t as easy. I was no caffeine, no alcohol etc. It shocked me in to making changes.